Original FO/FO2 Polymeshes

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by fatfattymcfat, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Some update on FOnline: 2238 3d models:

2. Ondramus

Ondramus First time out of the vault

Sep 26, 2010
    It looks wonderful :clap: .

Will be these models available for F2?

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Everything will be released to public some day. Then it's possible to render them into 2d sprites for Fallout 2.

4. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Nice models there Lexx that combat armor rocks!

For a while I dropped the dwarf and taken up someone that I think would come handy after all poor old Lenny doesn't have a place in the NPC armor mod so here is a model based on his proportion and a texture that looks like the normal ghoul I added some clothes there leather jacket and labcoat

5. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Awesome animations! :salute:

Give them moar polys! :dance:

Nice work Jotisz.

6. Ursa

Ursa First time out of the vault

Mar 8, 2009
    thanks Contie! :D
    here is some progress

as i know Rain man has some progress too
    Jotisz
    Looks great as always! Maybe not quite fit into the style of F1 but fits perfectly into the F2. аnd much much better than Lenny critter

7. bloodshed_344

bloodshed_344 First time out of the vault

Feb 16, 2011
    I picture batman could be used in a random encounter in Fallout 2. You encounter batman and he cripples your legs. He has tons of health and is skilled in unarmed combat and very high crit chance. He runs away when you're low on health or unconscious (he doesn't kill) or when he's low on health.

Also Ursa your animations look great. Are you making graphics for a mod?

8. Idiotfool

Idiotfool Still Mildly Glowing

Apr 12, 2007
    Sometimes, you're all a little too over the top on what you think doesn't fit the style. It's a small, isometric sprite of similar body type to others in the game...

9. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Compared to the other critters, the stalker model has too many tiny details. That's why it sticks out of the rest.

10. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Great stuff!

They had no technology to make sprites more detailed back then :wink:

11. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Doesn't change the fact that it's a fact. The many details standing near the low amount of details just makes a difference.

12. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Man I love these. Best looking ones I've seen yet. :)

13. Ghouly89

Ghouly89 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2010
    Agreed :clap: Jotisz, definitely animate these ghouls! I think they look much better than the Fallout 2 models by far :dance: .... I hope Pixote doesn't find and scalp me :look:

Ursa, you've pretty much done a spot-on recreation of the animations. It's... beautiful :puppy-dog:

Personally, the model you have there (not the ghoul) is nice, but doesn't do it for me. But regardless of what I think, you have yourself some serious talent :deal:

14. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Ghouly how could you...better than this. :mrgreen:

15. Boomi

Boomi First time out of the vault

Mar 17, 2005
    I usually never post in this forum... but please make more of these :twisted: That's what I consider fallouty :D

16. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    It's the overseer death animation from Fallout 1. :p

17. Jotisz

Jotisz Mildly Dipped

Aug 28, 2007
    Some animations for the new Lenny

About the anims that Ursa posted they look cool if the modell becames a bit simplified I think it would fit in the game quite well

18. Little Robot

Little Robot sup Orderite

Sep 29, 2010
    The walking seems weird to me, but maybe it's just the way I'm looking at it.

19. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    It's just playing a bit to fast I think. Looks interesting. I would have to see it in the context of Fallout to say if it is any good though. Getting that damn art direction is a pain in the ass.

20. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    His walk reminds me of badass hungry zombie trying to get to the player's braincase as soon as possible. But from other hand original ones are acting like typical mindless zombies seen in movies too. What can I say then... good work, perhaps? ;)

On a side note: why those fucking Ghouls don't eat brains? It's a serious design flaw, IMO.