Resident Evil: Zombies, Plagues, and Hot Main Characters

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by CT Phipps, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Seeing how cheap Operation Raccoon City is on steam during sales like now i feel like i should probably give it a go.. Anyone interessted?

2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Ain't nobody interested in that sculch.

3. CT Phipps

CT Phipps Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Sep 17, 2016
    I'm always interested but I'd prefer their thoughts on better games.

4. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Could be worse.. Could be Umbrella corps :P

Was going to play it with a friend of my but he is cheap as you can be and now that his GPU died i don't think he will be back on gaming for a long long time.

5. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    It is worse than umbrella corps for the simple fact that no one even remembers umbrella corps exists.

6. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    FYI, I've been playing Resident Evil: Revelations in my living room since that's where my Xbox360 is. However, my wife has taken up there to watch her reality television programs and I can't finish the game. I'm about halfway done, though, and have to say I really really enjoy it.

Jessica, Parker, those two guys, Chris, and Jill (who looks A LOT like Lara Croft for some reason).

I think the spooky cruise ship is also a great atmospheric location even if the backtracking and limited enemies go to show they really were working with a limited budget and console power.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    1. Reality tv is gross
    2. Havent y'all got more than 1 tv? You cant set your shit up elsewhere?

8. CT Phipps

Sep 17, 2016
    Yes, but it'd require dismantling the Xbox One too and with taking care of my wife's broken leg, it's an enormous hassle. I'll just play ME:A until the situation changes.

9. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
  10. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  11. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Umbrella Corps, isn'tthat thegame that is absolute shit?

12. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Worst/second worst game in the franchis. :P

13. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    so i finally got around to playing RE7.

i've only gotten so far as the first encounter with the molded and im noticing a giant flaw with the game.

its not scary. at all. the atmosphere, while interesting, very texas chainsaw i love it, is doing nothing to induce fear in me. every time the bakers show up its more an exercise in tedium than it is fear. they feel so scripted that i find myself just waiting for the game to go through the motions so i can move forward. it doesn't help that i've played similar games before such as outlast or alien isolation. the game being so fashioned after other first person horror games you'd expect more hiding spots. but as it is when you walk into a room you'll immediatly notice the one object you're supposed to crouch behind while a bake takes their sweet ass time going where you know the game is going to put them. maybe now with the addition of the molded itll get better but i doubt that because despite the game offering no introduction to the monster my reaction wasn't
    "oh shit what the fuck"
    it was
    "oh whats that better shoot it"
    then it died in like four shots.

i didn't expect the game to reach silent hill levels of terror but to have none at all despite the games reputation was very surprising to say the least.
    the game is however giving me the same constant sense of progression that the old games gave me. an honestly it, rather surprisingly, feels like resident evil
    at least in terms of level layout. so i don't know how to feel about this yet.

also the game has you run like 90 year old smoker. there is no excuse for that bullshit. i am not a fit man and i assure i can run 50X faster than ethan winters its impossible to ignore and just conrtibutes to the games frustrating nature.

anyways my opinions have been known to change and within relatively short periods of time so i dont know how i'll feel about this game by its end.
    hey did you ever pick up the evil within? you really should especially now that it has a, reportedly, vastly superior sequel that i also still haven't picked up because im so poor pls help

great new then because its knid of directly acknowledged in game when he's show to be able to regenerate even his FUCKING BRAIN. doesn't make it any less annoying from a gameplay perspective

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018