So are the first two games worth playing?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Squall, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Squall

Squall First time out of the vault

May 27, 2011
    I've heard good things about them, and I'm more of a retro gamer myself, but what do you guys think. I really like RPGs, but mainly JRPGs, would you recommend Fallout 1 & 2?

2. Geech

Geech It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 2, 2008
    Well, they're fantastic games so of course you should give them a try. They don't really have all that much in common with JRPGs, so don't go into them expecting the familiar conventions to be present.

3. ARV274

ARV274 First time out of the vault

May 27, 2010
    Id reccomend them to anyone, beat Fallout 1 twice, working on a 3rd run as a melee, and Fallout 2 technically once.

4. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Yes, they are worth it. My personal feelings aside, the first game is one of the best games ever made. Second one too, when it is properly patched.

One could wonder what are you looking on this boards if you haven't played them before. My advice is to get them as soon as possible.

5. I'd recommend getting the classic collection.

6. Wintermind

Wintermind Vault Senior Citizen

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah, why are you asking this forum? The answer will universally be yes. Check around your digital distributors of choice for best prices and combos. GOG will probably be cheapest. Of course if your idea of a good RPG is FF8 or FF7 you might not enjoy what with it being superior in every way and being a proper RPG.

7. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    They're not really retro games as far as gameplay mechanics are concerned.

8. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    By the way, asking this question in a forum that exists since the very first game is a little... inefficient, isn't it? I mean, does one expect a different answer than "of course?"

9. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Exactly. This is the right question:
    So are other than the first two games worth playing?

10. Courier

Courier Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Apr 10, 2011
    Fallout 3 is worth playing, Fallout: Capitol Wasteland is a waste of time.

11. James Snowscoran

James Snowscoran Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 1, 2011
    How can you call yourself a retro gamer and not have played Fallout 1+2?

12. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    They are essential to your survival on this forum ;)

13. Eternauta

Eternauta It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 8, 2010
    Yes they are. Especially Fallout 1.

I'd recommend replaying it after trying any new Fallout game by Bethesda, any Fallout mod, any FOnline server, etc.

14. Not Lost Hope

Not Lost Hope First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2010
    The games pretty much suck ass; that's why these forums have been here for a decade, to discuss how much they suck.

15. PowahAwemah

PowahAwemah First time out of the vault

Jun 5, 2010
    hmmm ic

16. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Is this topic for real? I wonder how did you decided to register here without even knowing about the first Fallouts, or if anyone here liked them...

17. Korin

Korin Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Admin

Aug 6, 2010
    They're alright, though they're not for everyone. If you like the older style RPGs it's worth the time. Would recommend applying a lot of the patches/mods that you can find here as it will make the game seem less klunky and 'old'.

18. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    Don't most guys these days? I mean 90% of newbs think FO3 is a masterpiece, no offense here since it's been like 10 years.
    Half of them tries to do the research and see it's not all in graphics and they are blessed with the first two games. Other half sticks to their consolified belief of uber graphics scripted games. Which suck eventually, after 2 years you dump them.
    But it's 100% Bethesda fault for being shitheads towards the games in general. They quite literally explained that they don't care how the game is supposed to be, if we don't like it it's ours fault. And for that certain measures should be applied always.

19. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    No, what I am asking is not how can he not know about he first two fallouts, what I am askign is why did he register here without even knowing this community position to those games or even havign played them. It's like if I registered on the SPoony Experiment Forum and ask the users if Spoony's videos are worth watching.

20. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    ^Well....that is a solid point.
    He did ask what do the forumers think, which was not a rhetorical question.