Fallout 2 utility [SOLVED] Critter .pro Saving Incorrectly

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Cory Macdonald, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Cory Macdonald

Cory Macdonald First time out of the vault

Sep 12, 2016
    Hi,

I'm working in the FO2 Mapper, and I've created a proto for a new NPC. I fill out the details, and I can place it, save and load a map containing it, all that. However, when I restart the mapper, it forgets both the name and the description. I've tried making the .pro read-only between saving the file and re-loading the mapper, I'm quite certain I've got all the setup completed, such as setting librarian to 1, and creating the proto folder in C:/fallout2/dev/... so I've got no idea why it's forgetting this. Looking at the .txt version of the proto saved in C:/fallout2/dev/..., it saves the name, however there's no description field. Any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT: Tried looking at the file through FUCK! and I get an error, "Error reading pro_crit.msg!" that I don't get on the actual FO2 protos.

EDIT 2: Copied the pro_crit.msg to the Fallout 2 data folder, and added the proto entry, it's working fine now. It's also adding new entries as necessary. Keeping this post up in case anyone else encounters a similar problem.

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017