Fallout 2 utility [SOLVED] Frame Animator 2.7 Issues

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Cory Macdonald, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Cory Macdonald

Cory Macdonald First time out of the vault

Sep 12, 2016
    Hello,

I've been using Frame Animator 2.7 recently to design a custom door (specifically changing the number on the front) for Fallout 2, but I've got a problem with frame 6 (zero inclusive) - this one:
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avdn_MmHaPOuhvtJ3gXJXPR65uFLkA
    Whenever I load it into Frame Animator I get this:
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!Avdn_MmHaPOuhvtHIfecihKaGrbR4w
    I've checked through Photoshop, the spots that are made white have R=72, G=72, B=72. I got the frames through frm2gif with the -b 0 flag. The colour values aren't skewed compared to the other door frames. I've also tested immediately putting it into Frame Animator after taking it from the FRM, without opening it in Photoshop or any other program prior, and I still get the same problem. Any assistance in getting this frame to come out properly is much appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    Скорей всего эти белые пиксели имеют индексацию в палитре больше 229. То есть принадлеждат к анимируемой палитре.
    Translate:
    Most likely, these white pixels are indexed in the palette more 229. That is, belong to the animate palette. check in photoshop the indexing of these pixels.

3. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Send me the files and I'll make it work.

4. Cory Macdonald

Sep 12, 2016
    Right, so, this is the files:
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!Avdn_MmHaPOuh4EOczBRMIHsR76Rtg
    If you get it to work, can you explain what you did?

Second, how do I check the indexing? If what you're referring to is my changing the image from RGB to Index; I always use the same colours as the original images, so I don't see why that would be a problem. I also tried converting to index with the Fallout 2 palette file just in case, and that didn't work.

5. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
  6. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    You have a gif with an incorrect color indexing.
    inCorrect indexing f2.jpg
    Such a palette should be with an indexed F2 palette.
    Correct indexing f2.jpg

7. Cory Macdonald

Sep 12, 2016
    Right, ok, I'll check that out tomorrow afternoon. Thank you!

8. Cory Macdonald

Sep 12, 2016
    Yep, that's got it working. I still don't see why it didn't work when trying to use Fallout's palette in Photoshop, nor why it didn't happen for every single other frame, but... Yeah, it works. So, thank you very much!

9. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    That's nice, I didn't have to do a thing. Yep the colour palette for Fallout is very particular, if it isn't used correctly all sorts of strange things happen to the artwork, manly funky colours, etc. I'm glad its sorted.