This might not be the most blasphemous game anymore...

Discussion in 'Fallout: Piece of Shit (PS2, XBOX, My Lower Intest' started by TorontRayne, Jun 21, 2018.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Fallout to the rear of the formation Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    With Fallout Shelter, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76.

Even though PoS really did suck and the lore was horrible, it did ape a popular formula at the time...just like Tactics and 76 really. The more things change the more war stays the same.

upload_2018-6-21_1-35-49.jpeg

Nah, it is still really bad, but fuck I might replay it.

2. ironmask

ironmask It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2018
    Nah fallout: brotherhood of steel is still worse than F4 and F76. It's still the game that killed fallout, interplay, and black isle. If this game was never made, we would of gotten Van Buren and it might of been the game that saved the company from financial trouble. Not to mention the extremely dumbass decision to make a sequel.

3. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Fallout to the rear of the formation Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    I think Tactics killed it in a way by fracturing the fanbase before it could be fully established as a CRPG. Even though I like the game, it caused a huge uproar in the community. I guess my point is the series was doomed from the start much like X-Com. X-Com popularized a genre, then they rushed out the quick sequel which was essentially the same game. After that they tried something different every time with Apocalypse, Interceptor, Enforcer I think it was called...

I think when it comes to games you should wait at least 4 titles in before you start pumping out spinoffs otherwise you wear out the welcome of the series.

4. Beardy Unixer

Beardy Unixer First time out of the vault

Apr 24, 2018
    The best thing about Fallout 3 is it means I'm no longer an outcast for liking Tactics. I'm not sure we're there yet, but it is inevitable that the decline will continue to the stage where it's okay to like PoS too.

5. Pwener

Pwener Tunnelers? They Don't Sound That Tough...

Aug 15, 2017
    So basically, what you're saying is, the more Fallout entries Bethesda makes, the more we will love the classics to the point of liking this abomination?

Yeah, yeah, I can see that happening.

6. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I would upvote but this sub-forum is so abominable we can't upvote here. It is that old and abandoned.

7. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I am divided on which one I find worse; Fallout 3, Fallout 4, FOBOS. I have not played Fallout 76 so I can't judge that but it is very unlikely I will play it.
    Fallout Tactics IMO is above all these three but not as good as Fallout 1 and 2, and Fallout New Vegas.

Technically I should find 3 and 4 better but FOBOS I can actually start and finish while I can't be bothered with Fallout 3 any more and I am really not interested in finishing Fallout 4 and its genuine DLCs because I am just so bored with these two.
    Even if I would like to play the Pitt again or Point Lookout I just can't be bothered with going through Fallout 3's campaign first, even if I put in all kinds of mods. (which I did and the game would not even start any more)

It is dumb but I would rather see FOBOS remade but fixing all the lore consistencies, rewrite the dialogue, and improve the gameplay than play a remastered Fallout 3.

Years ago when I played Shadowgrounds I became interested in the idea of a TC with a campaign following up on Fallout Tactics, or one set around the time of FNV with the player assuming the role of a Ranger in NCR territory, facing bandits, remnants of the Unity, the BOS (the BOS-NCR war) with which the player could make some peace with, and having to prevent a military coup by NCR hardliners using weapons retrieved from Area 51.

It wouldn't be a RPG anything like Fallout 1 and 2 or an action rpg like FNV, just an action-adventure with upgrades.

8. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I tend to agree. It seems in time Fallout 3 will only be played with New Vegas through Tale of Two Wastelands anyway.

:hatersgonnahate: