trollworkout FO3/NV mods - CB Custom Beginning & more

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 and New Vegas Modding' started by trollworkout, Aug 4, 2015.

1. trollworkout

trollworkout It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 1, 2015
    There's a script that limits the 2 key. I think is called CB??AmmoSwap quest that runs the script or something similar.

2. Hero for Hire

Hero for Hire It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 7, 2015
    久しぶりです!
    He saw she booty ;)

So after some hesitation I deleted everything out of the CB00HotkeyScript except for the 'basic data' and I got the 2 key back :)

You know, even though it's not finished, this really is the best Alt Start mod available for Fallout 3.

3. trollworkout

Aug 1, 2015
    You should really continue my work and become the official maintainer.

The mod itself is public domain pretty much anyone can take it and continue and work wih it. I don't care about ownership. You can in fact repost it on nexus and tell them you got permission from me to maintain etc. I dunno if they would like it tho.

Get GECK and continue where I left off.

I was thinking next thing to do is either re-balance the prices back to vanilla FO3 OR simply make the difference between buying and selling bigger so say selling prices are like 50x less than buying prices . This would make wepons you find worthless to sell and you won't make much money but very hard to buy brand new ones.

Do you ever use throwing weapons? Before I bailed I managed to add throwing anims but I don't know how to add proper throwing weapons so I just used what I found.

4. Hero for Hire

Hero for Hire It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 7, 2015
    If I had even half of your scripting and editing ability I'd be happy to look after the mod, but I don't have the time (or possibly patience) to learn...maybe?
    I can make only the simplest changes to Fallout 3 via FO3edit such as adding or deleting "enchanments" to items or changing attributes to NPCs (such as giving the Outcasts appropriate gear, for example, or making Mole Rats & Bloat Flies less hostile) or editing lists (adding Golden Geckos to Animal Friend).

Can scripts be edited in FO3edit?
    If not, then I suppose it's about time I reinstall GECK. I haven't messed with that since 2011:whistle:

5. trollworkout

Aug 1, 2015
    I had no scripting or editing ability. I picked it up while doing it. it gets easier and easier. I forgot a lot of it but I can pick it up just by looking at code. I mostly download other people's mods and look at how they scripted certain things then I write my own scripts. I never copy paste anything because you don't learn. I simply take general scripting ideas from others buy always write my scripts from scratch. This way I understand it and learn . After a while I can start doing really advanced stuff.

Many of the things I did from ammo weights to others are simply hacks. The game doesn't allow for certain things but I make it happen anyway.

You cannot edit scripts in FO3 edit because they need to be compiled. You really need GECK.

It is possible to edit and compile scripts in another program that is bundled with the Mod Manager but the problem is it only compiles scripts for vanilla GECK and not for Fallout Script Extender making the scripts broken in game. I use FOSE a lot in my scripts due to ez functions.