What are new games your excited to play this year or the next?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by ironmask, Mar 11, 2018.

1. ironmask

ironmask It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 10, 2018
    I'm personally excited for pillars of eternity 2, ion maiden, battletech, stygian, mount and blade 2, Phoenix point, and pathfinder: kingmaker. Sadly there are no AAA games that i care about.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    >excited
    >for video games

What a mistake.

Although I suppose it depends on the developer and publisher involved. Still why bother setting yourself up for disappointment?

3. ironmask

Mar 10, 2018
    I'm excited but i'm also skeptical and try to keep realistic expectations. I guess it's better to say what games I want to play instead of games i'm exited to play.

4. SquiglyContiello

SquiglyContiello It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 3, 2018
    Phoenix Point, Ion Maiden, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Switch, King Knight, Stygian, Mount and Blade 2, Battletech and Valkyria Chronicles 4 are games I'm looking forward to.

5. ironmask

Mar 10, 2018
    I forgot Metroid Prime 4 was a thing. I tried to play the first prime on the GameCube but the controls are garbage.

6. Ediros

Ediros Vault Dweller

Feb 4, 2016
    I am excited for Xcom Enemy Unknown, which came out in 2012, but I have never played it. I have already bought it, but I can't play it due to workload and lack of working pc, so I am waiting for next longer period of free time at the beginning of april.

7. SquiglyContiello

Jan 3, 2018
    You should try the original X-Com and Apocalypse.

8. Ediros

Ediros Vault Dweller

Feb 4, 2016
    I did see a bit of original. It is not bad, but I see xcom enemy unknown as an improvement - taking cover, etc. Also, already bought xcom enemy unknown on steam, so yeah.

What is apocalypse about though?

9. Norzan

Norzan A Smooth-Skin

Apr 7, 2017
    Wait, really? I enjoyed Prime 1's gameplay quite a lot. I do think it's better with the Wii motion controls because you can shoot anywhere you want at any time instead of having to use the lock on feature all the time to be able to hit enemies.

10. ironmask

Mar 10, 2018
    I just couldn't get into metroid prime. I had never played a fps game with controls that bad. Maybe the Wii version is better.

11. SquiglyContiello

Jan 3, 2018
    I heard that it's one of the best. You should also try checking out Phoenix Point which is a spiritual successor to the original by the original dev.

12. Ediros

Ediros Vault Dweller

Feb 4, 2016
    Phoenix Point, I am looking forward to it. But no preorders, I have learned my lesson with shitout 4. Also, it comes out in December I believe, so there is plenty of time to play other games.

Monster Hunter World also releases somewhere then on PC (I think November), so there are already two games that hopefully are not tainted with triple-A crap.

13. TorontRayne

TorontRayne This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
  14. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
  15. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Me either. Sounds like those Sherlock games a little bit.

16. Risewild

Risewild Half-way Through My Half-life
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I never played the Sherlock Holmes games. I heard a bit about them in the past though.
    I wonder if they are any good.

17. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes. Most of them are good. The Ripper one is.

18. SquiglyContiello

Jan 3, 2018
    Which Sherlock Holmes game is a good place to start with?

19. ironmask

Mar 10, 2018
    If you're interested in the sinking city then you should check out Call of Cthulhu.

20. Kohno

Kohno Vault Dweller

Jul 30, 2009
    Battletech, PoE 2, Phoenix Point, Bard's Tale 4, Disco Elysium (formerly No Truce with the Furies), Copper Dreams.

Possibly Cyberpunk 2077 if CDPR goes all Bethesda with reveal-release gap like they implied and if the game actually has any merit to it that would be worth a purchase ("Witcher 3 with guns" isn't it).

• [Like] [Like] x 2