What do you think of Fallout 3's soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 Discussion' started by Prone Squanderer, Sep 2, 2017.

1. No Man

No Man Gore Bag > Meat Bag

Feb 20, 2014
    I have to admit, Fallout 3 has very epic battle music for a game that can't actually render an engagement larger than a bar brawl.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  2. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    You don't post enough

3. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Soundtrack as a whole was largely forgettable, but serviceable in the context of the game.
    However, this particular tune is one of the best PA inspired stuff out there. It's just brilliant. I wish there was more stuff like it, but then again, perhaps this is for the best.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    I was liking what I heard, at first. And then the soundtrack has to go epic-fantasy again midway all the way to the end. I swear I heard that part between the middle and the end somewhere in Skyrim.

5. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi First time out of the vault

Jul 14, 2017
    Jeremy Soule was a mistake.

6. Norzan

Norzan First time out of the vault

Apr 7, 2017
    That part sounds extremely similar to an overworld theme in Oblivion.

7. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010

Gonna have to take your word for it, since I've played very little of TES in general, so I can't comment.

In any case, Inon Zur is a great composer, but best suited for fantasy, that's for sure. He may know how to make a "PA melody", but the instrumentation is just off. However, his fantasy work is really superb. I love his work on Dragon Age Origins.

Going bit of the tracks here, but I've recently finished Wasteland 2. Its soundtrack was composed by our favorite Mark Morgan. However, I was really disappointed by it. It felt like the whole thing was Redding theme on 20 different ways or whatever. I'm not sure if the man got lazy or just doesn't have the knack for PA anymore.

8. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Bitch, please.

I'm joking, ease your jimmies.

9. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    Ahh you cheeki...

10. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016

That's all I got.

11. Valdetiosi

Jul 14, 2017
    It's either the Bandit Radio or whatever Sidorovich plays out from his bunker that is stuck upon those who plays STALKER

12. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    Oh man.

Playing Misery, and returning from a spooky ass raid to that lovely tune is like having an orgasm.

13. Valdetiosi

Jul 14, 2017
    Misery is neat, but the micromanagement it has is not my cup of tea. I prefer Call of Chernobyl over it.

14. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    Yeah, Misery can be a bit annoying.

I've gotten pretty good at it though. ;D

I actually find vanilla on max hardness to be harder early on, as misery starter weapons can easily kill stalkers.