What game was this?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by maximaz, Aug 8, 2009.

1. gabahadatta

gabahadatta First time out of the vault

Jun 8, 2005
    Pole Dancing Princess of Persia? :P

2. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
  3. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    This is going a little inactive so I'm going to post one. This game has been remade a lot of times and dates back to the 80s/90s I believe. If someone knows this game and has played it/beaten it I'd love to talk about as I'm currently playing it on a tablet (hint).

4. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Some kind of a dating sim?

5. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Oct 13, 2008
    Nope, murder mystery. It's not even that good, the translation (hint) is pretty shoddy, the dialogue often vague at best too but for some reason it's addictive.

6. maximaz

maximaz Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Apr 2, 2006
    Well... I got desperate and typed "Sarah O's Apartment" into google images and... got punished for it severely:

[spoiler:9044063dd8][/spoiler:9044063dd8]

7. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Oct 13, 2008
  8. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Chatterbox oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005

Didn't know if I should post one or not.....It's easy anyway.

9. ZeusComplex

ZeusComplex Still Mildly Glowing

Feb 12, 2010
    That's totally not Earthbound. :D

You should of posted something from Mother 1 or 3. That would of been more tricky.

10. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    I honestly just wanted to post a Earthbound pic . :)

11. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
  12. PainlessDocM

Feb 5, 2010
    Escape from Hell? Always looked like a pretty cool game but for some reason I never played it.

Another perhaps more recognizable screenshot from the game I posted on the previous page:

13. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    That Escape From Hell game peaked my interest. I am wondering if I should download it now....

The other game looks kinda like Wizards and Warriors.

14. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I understand the ending is rather abrupt and poor.

15. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    ^ Well I guess I won't play it then. :)

Since everyone appears to be stumped by Persian Pole Dancer, I figured I would post one of the first PC games I ever played. I never got too far in it, but it stuck in my mind nevertheless. Just look at those pixels!

Seriously though. What is the name of that sidescroller Painless? It is bugging me.

16. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    BioForge!

17. PainlessDocM

Feb 5, 2010
    In a chaotic mood I decided to take that secret with me to the realm of the grave. (hint)

Bioforge is made of the finest unfiltered pure awesome, I'm still waiting for the sequel we were promised... The game works fine with Dosbox btw so if you are looking for a serious dose of nostalgia and want to finish this great (but very short) adventure you can always give it another whirl.

18. Ohaimerk

Ohaimerk modoc, den, grave Orderite

Mar 30, 2009
    I've never played it but looking for an adequate distraction. Would it be any fun for a newcomer?

Why does it look so much like Cyborg Ninja from MGS1? And why does it look like he's comically hiding from the monster behind its arm it just ripped off?

19. PainlessDocM

Feb 5, 2010
    It's very unforgiving but if you have played other early 3d adventures/ action games you might not have problems with the "awkward" controls for example. (Alone in the dark 1,2,3 control very similar)

The prisoner's arm was ripped off by a forcefield while he was trying to escape and can be used as a weapon.

[spoiler:637f94ba7a]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuRkDvMku1o[/youtube][/spoiler:637f94ba7a]

20. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Now I hate you. ;)

Actually the guy already had his arm ripped off, if I remember correctly. To be fair, Bioforge came before MGS I think. It may be fun for you. That all depends on if you like to run Dosbox I guess.

I guess someone else should post one now. Reconite?

Edit: Dammit Painless! You beat me to it.