What kind of job(s) did you work in high school?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Mutant Screg, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mutant Screg

Mutant Screg Totally not a mutant

Jun 27, 2015
    I might be cheating since I'm still a senior atm, but I've already worked a couple of part time jobs. I was a busser for most of my junior year and then just this July I got a job at a movie theater. The theater pays like shit (minimum wage) but it's a lot more fun than I ever had bussing at a mexican joint. I don't dread going into work like I used to, and the hours are a little better (although with tips I made waaaayyy more than I do now as an usher).

2. Whammytap

Whammytap First time out of the vault

Aug 5, 2016
    My first on-the-books official job I got just as soon as I turned 16. I worked in a 1-hour photo lab inside a drug store. I blew my first paycheck on a small battery-operated guitar amplifier. I think minimum wage then was like $5.15/hour.

As a junior, I worked at a bagel/sandwich/coffee joint for slightly more money and kept that job till I went off to college. I blew all of my paychecks on a P.O.S. 1984 Chrysler LeBaron convertible that never ran right, if at all.

3. R.Graves

R.Graves Confirmed Retard

Apr 21, 2016
    Lol i didn't work in high school

4. MayonaiseCream

MayonaiseCream First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2017
    I worked as a service crew in a restaurant after class.

5. mobucks

mobucks moobs Orderite

May 22, 2010
    My first job was when I was 15 as a line cook at a big ice cream joint right on the beach. All the other cooks were 18+.

6. Prone Squanderer

Prone Squanderer A bit of a Sillius Soddus.

Jan 3, 2016
    Lol you didn't even go to high school.

I was a labourer for an absolute shite construction firm before working in a warehouse packing up chocolates. Both paid minimum wage (barely) and both jobs lasted a month.

7. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    That's basically true. I dI'd receive a diploma tho

8. Mutant Screg

Mutant Screg Totally not a mutant

Jun 27, 2015
    Do you still have the old thing?

9. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    So that's what is wrong with you.

I worked at my Dad's car lot fixing up wrecked cars, hauling junk, and driving vehicles to other lots to get worked on.

10. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I didn't really work in high school. Come on, I'm way too privileged to do peasant shit like that.
    Ok, I did help at an annual stocktaking at a family's friend's company once.

11. Valdetiosi

Valdetiosi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 14, 2017
    I was in vocational school rather than high school, but the premise should be same. I was on one place fixing up Hewlet Packard's PCs and on another place creating electric smokers. They lasted for a at least two months.

12. YeeCop

YeeCop Just a Sweet Irradiated Transvestite

Jan 26, 2017
    I dogsat for my neighbors. I lived in a compacted neighborhood so the farthest houses were only 10 minutes away by bike.
    I made good money doing it and I did it for nearly two years until I landed a retail job at a tourist store the summer after I graduated.

I also helped out at my friend's father's jewelry store whenever he needed me.

13. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    Freelancing stuff. We don't have part-time jobs around here to mix job with high school.

14. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    Most of my friends worked fast food and at the grocery store. One is now a manager there.

15. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Well I did scrap work with my grandfather. I thought we were talking on the books job.

16. TorontRayne

Apr 1, 2005
    No, I mean you didn't go to public school?

17. R.Graves

Apr 21, 2016
    Yeah I did. Fuck we had nothing growing up. Now I'm finally outta there with a roommate and a proper job.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016
    When I was in high school my resume looked like this:
    Stone cutting, masonry, logging, carpentry, fast food, catering, and butchery.

When I turned 15 I had 2 jobs all the way up until I graduated and joined the Navy.

I'm rather envious that most people got to have a childhood.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. ThatsNotOregano

ThatsNotOregano Where are my gay perks, Todd?

Sep 14, 2016
    Worked as a busser at a bowling alley. Flipped and hustled junked/wrecked cars on my spare time with my best friend.

20. Buxbaum666

Buxbaum666 Heterostructured Nanorod oTO Orderite

Dec 5, 2003
    Job? Bitch, school was work enough as it was. Not that I ever did much. But still.