what's with this community and the toxicity towards bethesda?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Danse-man, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. NMLevesque

    NMLevesque Commie Ghost

    Jul 2, 2016
    Then don't pretend that you know what it's like here. People stay knowing that it's okay to disagree, to share strong opinions, and to criticize both arguments and works of art. Then some idiot joins just to whinge about us because they can't handle any of that shit. It's your ilk that's toxic. We can't even have a serious discussion without being told that our standards are unreasonable. Which is why we keep getting shitty titles, and why Fallout isn't Fallout anymore.

    FoBoS is complete garbage. If you can't even call a spade a spade, then you have a problem.

    There is no indication that it will bring back quality writing and real roleplaying mechanics back to the series. It is even less of what every Fallout game that most fans actually enjoyed were (critic reviews are meaningless horseshit. The industry is corrupt. Please don't pretend otherwise). Until 76 Fallout was singleplayer. Now it's not even that.

    Bethesda can't prohibit free mods. The internet exists. Developers can say no all they bloody want. It would just make them look bad. Kinda like the part where you didn't actually argue your case, you just kept whining. Or wait, no that was the entire point of your post. *This* is why we don't care for your ilk. You bring nothing to the table. It's just 'this is good' and 'your'e bad if you think it's bad'.
     
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  2. NMLevesque

    NMLevesque Commie Ghost

    Jul 2, 2016
    people thought it was useful to address bullshit, is basically what they're trying to explain to you.
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Cliffy McEdgeface

    Cliffy McEdgeface bitch I will cut you

    Jun 28, 2018
    It's rarely worth it because you can't control the narrative beyond NMA's walls anyway. It's preaching to the choir in hopes that people a block away will come join your service.

    "Clearing NMA's good name" is nice and all, but who are you clearing it for? You know the OP is full of shit. So do most other members here. I suppose that leaves prospective new members. How many of these prospective new members are likely to be unreasonably defensive about Bethesda? The Todd Howard Fan Club is unfortunately probably orders of magnitude larger than NMA itself. I don't know WHY you'd want to court these people - they're going to come here, and more than a few of them are going to kick the hive because they think it's funny and they're the future or some shit.

    NMA is tinged with anti-Bethesda sentiment because Bethesda fucking sucks, and frankly so do most of their fans. The sincere Bethestards are probably going to opt to go elsewhere anyway (unless they're looking to start shit).
     
  4. TheHouseAlwaysWins

    TheHouseAlwaysWins Still Mildly Glowing

    Nov 28, 2015
    NMA has a bad reputation so if we stoop down to their level it makes the forum look bad and no one new will want to join nma so the forum actually will slowly die just like many other communities.
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Cliffy McEdgeface

    Cliffy McEdgeface bitch I will cut you

    Jun 28, 2018
    A choice between dying off or being flooded with Bethestards who think they're in good company. Process that for a moment.
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. naossano

    naossano Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

    Oct 19, 2006
    No need to make a 9999999 words answer or argue with each other.

    Just a short answer and see how the OP reacts. 80% chances that he won't bother to answer or even read the thread again. 15% chances that he is just a troll and that he will prove it with subsequents answers. In that case, a ban is the only appropriate answer. If the guy is amongs the 5% that are genuine, then you can display your wide catalog of arguments.
     
  7. 5545Trey

    5545Trey Underground Deviant

    Jun 25, 2014
    Mate, you haven't been to NeoGAF or GameFaqs if you think this place is "toxic".
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. BigGuyCIA

    BigGuyCIA A Smooth-Skin

    Oct 26, 2016
    Do people even use gaf anymore. I thought everyone migrated to resetera.
     
  9. NMLevesque

    NMLevesque Commie Ghost

    Jul 2, 2016
    Take your own advice. If not trying is the thing to do, then stop trying to convince us to do it. The longer you argue otherwise, the harder it becomes to see the notion of your point.
     
  10. 5545Trey

    5545Trey Underground Deviant

    Jun 25, 2014
    Ugh. That would explain the familiar pretentious dumbassery and preachy attitude that I noticed the last time I went there. It's still being used, unfortunately.
     
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  11. CerberusGate

    CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

    Jun 6, 2016
    Oh, another one of these OPs.

    Everytime I come across a fanboy denying themselves of being a fanboy, I think of this Zero Punctuation:


    Plus if they think this site is toxic, methinks the OP does not travel beyond the echo chambers of the Net.

    Edit: Also from the looks of it, the OP only joined just to insult NMA's supposed 'toxicity' and 'advise' the people on the site. :roffle:
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  12. Norzan

    Norzan Vault Dweller

    Apr 7, 2017
    Actually what amazes me is people from the Reddit community somehow calling this community toxic. I think it's hilarious Reddit, one of the most toxic communities in the web, calling other communities toxic. It has pretty much become an urban myth that NMA is a toxic community when all we ask here is for people to defend with their view and expect to argue when people disagree with that point of view.

    Do people here in this forum arguing go a little too far sometimes? Sure, but that doesn't mean we're toxic. We're not a bunch of drones that mindlessly defend a game or a series or a company, we argue with actual ingame example and not empty bullshit.
     
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018 at 4:40 PM
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  13. Hulk'O'Saurus

    Hulk'O'Saurus First time out of the vault

    Jul 10, 2018
    Beth does deserve it. It was their choice to distance themselves from the criticism all these years. They thought they were doing good, making good games and all, but it's actually a bit more complicated than that.

    Fallout 76 has actually gotten quite a bit of flak lately... I am becoming interested in what's going to happen once it comes out.
     
  14. Big No

    Big No Watch as I open and close this door

    Oct 28, 2014
    Reddit is pretty toxic. Look no further than the Boston Marathon Bombing. Reddit tried to find the guys who did it and they ended up thinking it was a kid who committed suicide earlier simply because the police scanner said his name and they harassed his mother over it. What's more, there's a theory that Reddit caused the Tsarnaev brothers to flee the city and all the damage they caused as a result. Supposedly the FBI released their photos, which caused them to run, because Reddit kept making inaccurate guesses and innocent people were at risk due to their ineptitude.

    So yeah, NMA may not be the nicest place, but we don't do shit like that.
     
  15. Paladin Hank

    Paladin Hank First time out of the vault

    May 6, 2018
    Not the nicest place? NMA is heaven! Literally the greatest place on Earth, except if you're a Bethestard, of course.
     
  16. Beardy Unixer

    Beardy Unixer First time out of the vault

    Apr 24, 2018
    People have been saying NMA is toxic, and that the toxicity is killing NMA since before half the people who come to NMA to tell it how toxic it is were even born.
     
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  17. LuciusCorneliusSulla

    LuciusCorneliusSulla First time out of the vault

    Sep 23, 2018
  18. Zobra

    Zobra First time out of the vault

    Thursday
    I would also be pissed and growl if i was in that kids position. Just look at the board. By the gods white, surrender.