Why Fallout Isn't Fallout.

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Lancerlot, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Lancerlot

Lancerlot First time out of the vault

Jun 12, 2017
  2. Kohno

Kohno A Smooth-Skin

Jul 30, 2009
    Gah, he thinks the called shot feature is called V.A.T.S. in the originals...

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. RangerBoo

RangerBoo Garbage Human

Jun 15, 2015
    Gotta love the comments; "Old school RPG's would never sell well on the modern market!" Whatever you say Beth fanboys. :roll:

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. The King of The Worms

The King of The Worms First time out of the vault

Jul 28, 2017
    I think he made a lot of really good points in the video however some I found to be very nit picky.

5. Einhanderc7

Einhanderc7 Vat dipped, grown and still oozing with perfection

Apr 22, 2016
    To be honest I just called it combat, like the button said :)

6. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    If they're talking about the mainstream, then yeah, they don't. Games like Pillars of Eternity and such don't have mainstream appeal. cRPGs are a niche market. Now, there is a market. PoE proved that. It's just not the massive market of the mainstream.

7. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    If people are treated like shit and retards, for sure. If big companies aren't that interested in reinventing cRPG market (why should they, cRPGs would render most of AAA worthless waste of time), for sure.

This point of view has nothing to do with real players and customers.

8. Ben Soto

Ben Soto Professional Salt Shaker

Jul 7, 2014
    No, it's just that cRPGs don't have the same kind of appeal that other games do. While there is a big chunk of players and customers who want cRPGs back, most gamers are apathetic towards the genre, with some being entirely against it. Personally, I feel it can't hurt to see more cRPGs, but they simply don't succeed as much as other genres.

9. Kohno

Kohno A Smooth-Skin

Jul 30, 2009
    No, not that. I was referring to 5:33-5:37.

"...or making an aimed shot with the vault tec assisted targeting system, or V.A.T.S."

Vats was a place in Fallout 1. V.A.T.S. is Bethesda's crude attempt at giving a nod to the called or aimed shot feature, and them having found "G.E.C.K." perhaps a bit too funny.

Doesn't matter, though. It's just something that jumped out.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Indigo

Indigo First time out of the vault

Jun 30, 2017
    Yeah I realized my mistake immediately after I published the video and people commented. I've heard Bethesda's rebrand of "called shots" so often I forgot that wasn't the original name for it. My bad.