Will we ever see a Fallout that takes place right after the great war?

Discussion in 'Future Fallout Game Discussion' started by Dami, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Charwo

Charwo It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 9, 2017
    And this is the very worst thing in Fallout: the SCIENCE! I think it's creepy that everything looks retrofuturistic, in a good way. But using B-movie science is an ode to ignorance. This should never be done.

2. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Well, it's just a game. I love lore and consistency as much as the next hardcore older Fallouts fans, but it doesn't have to adhere to actual real-life scientific facts. Being consistent with itself is more than enough.

3. Dami

Dami First time out of the vault

Mar 22, 2017
    I would assume cannibalism would be quite common in those earlier days when food was a lot more scarce.

4. Wasteland Wanderer

Wasteland Wanderer First time out of the vault

Mar 24, 2017
    Isn't it cannon that after the scorching fire that burned the whole world for a few hours that the world was sent into a nuclear winter for a few weeks?

5. YeeCop

YeeCop If It's Hostile, You Kill It

Jan 26, 2017
    By God, I hope so.
    Just don't have it be made by Bethesda.

6. Dami

Dami First time out of the vault

Mar 22, 2017
    Oh yeah, that would be horrifying, hopefully Bethesda lets either Obsidian or another company do a fallout game.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Zerginfestor

Zerginfestor dear god, the scrapping

Apr 18, 2015
    I'm pretty sure the only reason there's even some sort of deadly radiation there is because the Glowing Sea was where the nuke dropped by a Nuclear Power Plant and caused some sort of chain reaction that made that place a radioactive hell-hole, though the 'rad-storms' are silly overall.

8. R.Graves

R.Graves Functionally Defective

Apr 21, 2016
    Personally thats not something id be all that interested in playing. My current stance on this franchise is let's just stop making these horrible "sequels" let the game franchise die. And then we can keep the fallout universe alive through comic books. Then maybe we could have a mini-series set just after the war.

9. Risewild

Risewild Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    Comic books? Nope, the franchise should be kept alive with tablet games like Fallout Shelter.
    Look at that awesome Fallout feel.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  10. Danuis

Danuis Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 6, 2016
    Yes. You'll be an astronaut of the USSA whose space station is destroyed in the opening hours of the war, but you manage to survive by scavenging around the remains of the station and then using the docked shuttlecraft to return to Earth (logical and allows for a tutorial). There, you land in the immediate vicinity of Houston which launches rockets, now, too, for some reason, and either manager to establish a community in the ticking radiated ruins and form a cowboy empire or get things under control enough to scavenge what you can and repurpose the Mars Shot project and launch off to the Moon and establish a new nation there with scavenged military, civvie, and vaultek tech.