[WIP] Weapon FRM edits

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by NovaRain, Dec 3, 2008.

1. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Dunno if it's OK to make a thread for these FRM edits. :oops:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AK-112M. I tried to make the AK-112 assault rifle look closer to a real-life AK rifle, so I modified the barrel a bit and added a gas tube over it. The result looks somewhat like an AK-105 carbine.

AK-112M (Long Barrel). My second attempt to make AK-112 look like a real-life AK rifle. I extended the barrel and edited the gas tube on my AK-112M. Now it looks more like an AK-74, or the rifle which the female hero is holding in one of FO1 concept arts.

AKS-112U. Yup, an AKS-74U or "Krinkov" type of modification, obviously.

Yet another variation of my AK-112M, a mix of my AKS-112U and Long Barrel.

Download all AK-112 variations above.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A battle rifle of some sort, original concept from Tagaziel's Fallout 2 canon tuning thread. Basically it's just an XL70E3 changed from the bullpup layout to a conventional one. I also added green & orange color lens for the scope, shortened the barrel, and extend the magazine a bit.

Download Battle Rifle.

___
    Fallout 2 canon tuning weapon: MAC-27. The replacement for M3A1 "Grease Gun" SMG. Tagaziel's FRM (left) is a tad too compact for my taste, so I made my own variation. I keep the cylindrical look of the front of the receiver and give it an extended magazine.

Download MAC-27.

___
    Fallout 2 canon tuning weapon: H&K MP10. The replacement for H&K P90c. Tagaziel's FRM (left) is a bit plain for my taste, so I mixed different parts of x'il's variations to make a more colorful two-tone version.

Download H&K MP10.

___
    I tried to add an extended magazine to the hunting rifle. In order not to make the gun look awkward, I removed the strings at the front of the receiver. Later on I made some attempts to clear all the strings for a cleaned/fully repaired hunting rifle.

Download Hunting Rifle edits.

A double-barreled Pipe Rifle. I got the idea after watching James Bond using a double rifle in Skyfall.
    I think it might be a good idea to improve the pipe rifle a bit, to make players more willing to use it in the early stage of the game.

Download Double-barreled Pipe Rifle.

___

Original:

My edit:

Terbitator released a compilation of all weapons he made for EC: Paris in 2011, but the colors didn't completely match Fallout palette. Pixote kindly helped me convert the image with minimal loss of details. I darkened the magazine to prevent it from blending in the background of active item slot, and added scopes with green & orange color lens and a longer barrel.

Download Terbitator's EC: Paris Unnamed SMG/Carbine.

I found the ripped "Fallout 1/2 Armory" Totemic Sanctuary website in one of my old backup HDDs. =Totem= made a GIF image for Zip Gun as a suggestion. It uses a modified 14mm Pistol grip and trigger with a shortened Pipe Rifle barrel. I patched up the back end of the barrel and edited the markings on it a bit.

Download =Totem='s Zip Gun.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    sry, but that looks not like an AK to me.

3. Pretentious

Pretentious First time out of the vault

Feb 3, 2008
    Awesome job. I think I recognize your name from Half life modding sites NovaRain.

The description for the assault rifle of Fallout 1 and 2 calls it the AK-112.

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    @Pretentious
    Thanks. and I never thought I'll be recognized in other forums on the internet, since I'm just a nobody. :)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  5. GlowHound

GlowHound Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 12, 2008
    I like. They look pretty awesome.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  6. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    I like it. Maybe I can use it in my mod. :)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Tom9k

Tom9k Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 21, 2007
    I like it too, especially AK-112 "Tactical"

8. Ravager69

Ravager69 Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 21, 2007
    So, how does this work in-game? I mean, if these are sprites only for someone to add them to a new weapon or will it simply replace the old one?

*EDIT* Awesome work BTW.

9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    I made and released the sprites as modding materials. I was originally planning to make a simple weapon mod but later dropped the idea.

@Everybody
    Thanks for the comments, guys! :D

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Grayswandir

Grayswandir Mildly Dipped

May 9, 2008
    I like it.
    Especially the AK 115. Very fallout for me. Good job!

11. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Sorry for the necro bump, but I've updated all my old FRM edits (AK-112s & G89s) and added some new ones (MAC-27 & MP10 & unnamed rifle) in the first post.
    I'd like to know what people think of them, or if anyone could give me some opinions or suggestions of my AKS-112U WIP. :)

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Grayswandir

Grayswandir Mildly Dipped

May 9, 2008
    I am still a big fan of your art, specially the AK 112s and the mac.
    Concerning the last addition, I am not sure this rifle is appropriate for an automatic, it always will be the hunting rifle for me. Can you maybe transform the wood into plastic (black)? Just to check? :D

13. SkuLL

SkuLL Chad McRealman Orderite

Sep 6, 2009
    The hunting rifle could really use getting rid of the damn strings, at least for the scoped version. Suppose you've gone through the trouble of paying $1000 (was it?) to get the scope attached and they couldn't do anything about the strings holding the whole thing together? tsk tsk tsk

On topic: Great work, NovaRain, they all look really nice. 2 small aesthetic comments:

1) The long AK looks a bit too long for the perspective to work - the end of the barrel should look wider (it's pointed slightly towards you)

2) Could you try what the H&K would look like with a little bit less blue and more silver/metallic colour? I never liked that tint - looks a bit like a toy.

14. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

Apr 24, 2005
    I like the H&K and automatic rifle stuff. Guess I will try to add it into my mod somehow. But I don't want to over do stuff with too many weapons, which aren't really needed in the end.

15. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Hmm, I don't know if this is what you want. I only gray-colored the handguard (extremely cheap solution) and tried to clean the strings a bit, but the WIP doesn't look good... I'll try other edits later. :oops:

Yes, I noticed this while I was hacking it at the first time. I've already tried to shorten its total length. If I want to try shortening it further, I would probably just scrap it and use the alternative ver. (the one I made at the first place) instead.
    I can't find a way to widen the front barrel and make it look nice at the same time (many times it just looks awful), so I gave up and kept it as it is. Honestly I'm not good at artistic works. :(

I think I'll need some help for this, just a color change for the little lens of G89X can take me few hours(!). (Seriously, like I said above.)
    Personally I'm fine with its color, just don't buy the "XL70E3" idea.

@Lexx
    I know. It would be way too redundant to add all the stuff into the game. The whole AK-112 family idea is simply because I'm an AK lover. :P
    Others are because I like Tagaziel's FO2 canon tuning idea and trying to contribute something.

Uh, so no one likes to comment the AK shorties? :lalala:

16. Nostalgia

Nostalgia First time out of the vault

Jul 14, 2010
    I'd be willing to help with color changes and/or simple edits if you'd like, I have some decent graphics experience...I'm just new to the Fallout modding scene and therefore don't know if I just need to edit the images you posted or if there is more. Whatever the case I'm sure I can help and I'd like to at least try. :) I'm going to go look for some tutorials/information on this subject in the mean time.

17. pelicano

pelicano It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Modder

Jun 14, 2008
    Pretty cool stuff, once again. Love the new weapon looks. Except maybe the H&K P90c, but I never liked that kind of weapon/design for fallout. The automatic rifle is superb.

18. mor

mor Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Jun 18, 2010
    Re: [WIP] My weapon FRM edits

good stuff i love it :)

in FO weapon condition do not deteriorate, so its possible to double the amount of available weapons simply by doing the opposite, making a tattered versions that has lower stats.

one of the good thing about FPS that you must have good weapons models, so here is FO3 H&K P90c

btw i never shot a weapon with such a feeder, interesting how it works...

and the rest of the FO3 models

i think they went after the FO:T H&K P90c style

19. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    I agree, and was also bored so i tried making some variations of it:

--- --- ---

Some wacky stuff including a pistol type:

--- ---

20. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    @x'il
    wow, they all look great! The pistol type looks pretty interesting.
    The first 'wacky' one reminds me the MP7 of Half-Life 2.... :P