Witcher 2

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Ravager69, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Xellos

Xellos Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Feb 10, 2006
    Yeah, bard sucks. What I meant though is that vanilla BG 2 gets extremely easy if you know how it works, with some classes (kensai/mage, kensai/thief I'm looking at you) being extremely overpowered from the midgame on, being able to solely defeat anything and everything. The difference between BG 2 and W2 is that the latter (as mentiond in review) appears to be hard if one doesn't know what to do exactly. BG 2 is fairly easy even without this knowledge.

And I have to agree with FO opinion. Yet IMO in FO2, after level 30 or so, PC also becomes demigod of the wasteland, whom only very lucky combatants can take off (navarro turrets, Oil rig soldier pack)

2. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Good review BN. I would have been a bit harsher on the difficulty curve and I disagree about the characters (I found some of them a bit dull (Triss), too EEEBIL (Henselt) or quite stupid (most of the other sorceresses, could go on a page-long rant about them)). And the little issues add up more to me, so while it is indeed a great game I did my second playthrough more because I felt it was necessary than because I really wanted to do it, and Flotsam already gets a bit tedious the second time around.

3. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    The new cinematic trailer for the port is really good.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:moses:video:gametrailers.com:726180" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed>

4. OakTable

OakTable Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 26, 2009

Woah.

EDIT: I shall savor this 1000th post.

5. Serge 13

Serge 13 Elder Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    Why isn't this being released on the PS3 as well?

Damn you CD Projeckt RED. :cry:
    ---
    EDIT: Dear Mods, sorry for posting in the wrong thread. :oops:

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    Cause everyone knows that PS3 is only for Japanese games and crappy XBOX360 ports. Witcher is certainly not the former, and I'm guessing they've passed on the latter.

Why not just play on PC? Unlike TW1, TW2 felt pretty polished, with little to "enhance".

7. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Man, this cover looks really shitty, imo.

8. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    The style's almost identical to the original PC cover :/

9. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    I dunno what kind of PC cover you have, but my PC cover is just Geralt's face and most of his torso, as he glares at the gamer angrily. Not the best I've ever seen, but it's not improved by overcrowding the boxart with superfluous stuff, as they did.

10. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Nice of them to show us how Demovend (that was the king's name IIRC) died. Wish we could have used whatever was in that vial in actual gameplay.

11. Serge 13

Serge 13 Elder Cat oTO Orderite

Jul 20, 2006
    I am not rich enough to buy a PC capable of running The Witcher 2 on with recommended settings. I could play it on my laptop but I prefer to play my games the way I always do: on my 32" LED TV in 1080p. :D

Hehehehe! :lol: I agree, the first The Witcher game had an awesome cover though.

12. Paul_cz

Paul_cz Mildly Dipped

Jun 11, 2008
    Much better than the previous one.

The completely first one was fine, Geralt looked cool...then they replaced it with different looking Geralt, which I dislike..but sadly they went with it.
    This one looks better, hell at least it has Triss.

Also, that new intro is ace. Letho is a badass and a great character. Cannot wait for new content, I will replay the game for a third time in april.

13. Xellos

Xellos Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Feb 10, 2006
    Well, the trailers are by Baginski, who once got oscar nomination for his short movie cathedral (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIjWthwWwI) so it's no surprise it's great ;) anyone knows about performance on weaker systems, how it's affected by new patches ?

14. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    I can't understand why you feel like that. I mean, look at it... it's even going to walk the blue+orange road, which is so generic, it can hardly get any more generic.

15. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    There was also this one which looks rather similar to the one posted:

16. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Omega Level Mute Ant Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    ^ That one looks much better.

Edit: I think the Xbox 360 logo made the other one look worse. Something about it bothers me.

17. Ausdoerrt

Oct 28, 2008
    If you look closely though, the new one is recompiled out of roughly the same source images. I definitely like Triss on the cover over the elf dude.

I do agree that the logo ruins a lot of it, and it would've looked presentable without.