xboxone

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by BonusWaffle, May 21, 2013.

1. SnapSlav

SnapSlav NMA's local DotA fanatic

Jul 1, 2012
    I wish that's what it was. But the glaringly obvious trolling COMMENTS aside, that looked like a genuine petition by users who truly felt like Sony somehow screwed them out of "progress" for the X1. Actual, honest, brain-dead people. Hence why it was reported to only have around 1,000 signatures so far. Some may look at it and think "Oh good, only about 1,000 people are that stupid", but I can't help but see a much worse issue at hand. Namely, that ANYONE would look at what the X1 initially offered and consider that "innovation", not to mention the prolific sentiment that every pitfall for Microsoft is Sony's fault...

2. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    This is hilarious. First Microsoft says that the console will need to have a constant Internet connection to work. Shit happens and they backpedal. Now the XB1 can be played completely offline!

Well...except for the mandatory one-time online activation. What's that? You don't have internet? You don't have broadband internet? You are maybe a soldeir stationed god-knows-where? Sucks to be you.

But, well, ok. it's just a one-time activation. It's a hassle, but after that you can use it completely offli...OH WAIT! Forza 5 will ALSO need a one-time mandatory download to be able to play, wether it's online or offline. Why? Because the discs won't have the whole game, officially because the developers want to add tracks and cars till the very last minute. And the game can't work without this extra stuff because...?

I'm speechless...

3. Earth

Earth Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2013
    From the moment these consoles were announced (particularly the Xbox One) I've been treating the whole thing as a comedy.

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt I should set a custom tit

Oct 28, 2008
    People may be stupid and easy to manipulate, but I doubt that most are also creative enough to initiate something like that.

5. cdoublejj

cdoublejj It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 30, 2007
    it's not going to age very well.

The PS4 is almost speced the same except while the PS4 has the same GPU it has more shaders and ROPs the whole system has GDDR5 ram vs DDR3 which makes for massive performance increase due to the massively increased throughput.

over time the xbone will be more and more limited while PS4 is gonna be able to eek out a little more performance where the xbone is tapped out.

6. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    none of them will age well compared to the PC.

not unlike the 360.

the PS3 never hit its stride because developer reticence to actually learn the architecture and how to use it.

they had hit the technological limits of the 360 within like a year of its release because the hardware specs were so horrible.

at least with the xbone the first technical limitation they will hit wont be the RAM or texture size. but it will still probably be GPU limitations.