Your favorite childhood video game.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Frank Horrigan@BIS, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    Full Throttle and KGB: Conspiracy all the way, man.

2. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    Freddy Farkus the Pharmisist... *gunshot*

3. Sandelfron

Sandelfron First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2005
    Madam Ovary (Bovary), Srini the Indian (from India)...

Enjoyed that one a lot; I think it's still on Underdogs.

4. Endless Void

Endless Void It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 10, 2005
    Oh! Good old days eh?
    In random order:

Carmageddon
    Duck Hunt
    Street Fighter 2
    Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
    Final Fight
    Monkey Island 1
    Another World
    Prince Of Persia

And used to have a text based football game in my atari... Can't remember the name of it but it was all in Japanese... So it takes a trial-error way to learn which ones are shoot and which ones are pass etc. Anyone know the name? I really want to find that game it freaking rocks!!!

5. Demonslayer

Demonslayer Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Aug 8, 2005
    Shadow Run, Eternal Champions, Super Hang On, Streets of Rage, King of Fighters.

Those were the times!

6. The Commissar

The Commissar Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

May 18, 2004
    Sentinel Worlds. It was basicly the first computer game I played. It was already well past its prime by the time I got my filthy former soviet hands on it, but I still fire it up to this day and enjoy its simple glory.

7. LazyGnome

LazyGnome First time out of the vault

Sep 1, 2004
    NES:
    River City Ransom
    Super Dodge Ball

Genesis:
    Shining Force
    Dune

SNES:
    Legend of the Mystical Ninja

PC:
    One Must Fall 2097

Arcade:
    Rampage
    Golden Axe II
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
    Sengoku

8. Maphusio

Maphusio Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Sep 25, 2004
    oh god the old dune games. I never played but frequently watched them be played by friends

9. Suicide Candidate

Suicide Candidate It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 15, 2004
    KGB was the most sadistic adventure game ever. Can't even count the times i did something wrong and got trounced by a 9-foot gay bouncer.

Full throttle? It has huge amounts of coolness and great quick jokes.

Ben:" Nice nose ring."
    Bartender: *grunt*
    Ben:"You know what else would look good on your nose?"
    Bartender:"Eh?"
    Ben:"The bar"
    *SLAM!*

EDIT:
    UFO: Enemy Unknown (or x-com 1) still rocks my very being. I was fucking hooked on the game in elementary school.

10. Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude

Phil the Nuka-Cola Dude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Jul 9, 2004
    SNES
    Zelda
    Earthbound

PC
    Grim Fandango
    MDK

11. Ratty Sr.

Ratty Sr. Formerly known as Ratty Moderator Orderite

Apr 23, 2003
    "Ben: You know what might look better on yer nose?
    Quohog: What?
    Ben (grabs Quohog by his nose ring and pulls him down, his (Ben's) clenched fist hitting the bar below): The bar.

I remember most of the game's text by heart, actually. The intro monologue still gives me shivers when I think about it, best intro ever.

(Camera first shows the familiar Lucas Arts logo with sky in the background. Then the logo disappears and camera descends, showing a road from isometric perspective. A deep voice - which, as we later learn, belongs to the main character - is speaking.)

"Whenever I smell asphalt, I think of Maureen. That's the last sensation I had before I blacked out - that thick smell of asphalt. And the first thing I saw when I woke up was her face.

She said she'd fix my bike. For free. No strings attached. I should've known then that things are never that simple.

Yeah, when I think of Maureen, I think of two things. Asphalt... and trouble."

(The camera is now at road level and for a brief moment everything is quiet. Then, all of a sudden, a huge white limo flies over the camera! Two old people argue inside.)

"Corley: Ripburger, you're dumber than dirt!
    Ripburger: But Mr. Corley, if you'd only listen to my plan! My vision!
    Corley: I know your plan, Ripburger! You're waitin' for me to die so you can take over my company!
    Ripburger: (chuckle) Sir, that's horrible. I'm not waiting for you to *die*!
    Corley: You know I never liked you, Rip. But you've got business know-how and killer instincts that I respect.
    Ripburger: Why... thank you, sir.
    Corley: But this latest idea of yours... Ridin' up to our shareholders' meeting with a gang of *bikers*? Who do you think you're foolin'?
    Ripburger: The shareholders, sir. It's good PR to be seen hobnobbing with real Corley Motors customers.
    Corley: Whaddya know about our customers, Adrian? You've never even *been* on a bike!
    Ripburger: But you know I'd be riding on one right now, sir, if it weren't for my destabilizing inner-ear condition.
    Corley: Ah, your ears are fine! It's what's between them that scares me."

(Then, the main character, Ben, comes from behind the limo on his bike and *rides over the roof*! At this point, the intro tune "Legacy" is playing and I'm pissing my pants in excitement.)

Ah... a damn good game that was...

12. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    So, what you're saying is, basically, you like Full Throttle?

13. Jebus

Jebus Background Radiant
    Orderite

Jan 29, 2004
    Everybody loves Full Throttle; and practically everybody has played with it.

It's like the Jebus of video games.

14. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    :look:

Uh...seriously I've never heard of it let alone played it. Let me get some info and maybe even see if I can get it though since obviously its grand.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

P.S.

Remember Wing Commander?

15. Lazarus Plus

Lazarus Plus The smoovest

Apr 1, 2005
    I remember this old police game on the NES, I think it was called Dragnet. Anyways, you chased down criminals, from speeders to mob bosses and drug dealers. Really fun game, but it got very hard towards the end.

16. Malky

Malky Lived Through the Heat Death
    Orderite

May 7, 2003
    Dude.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Go find a copy. eBay that shit or something. Quite simply one of the greatest games ever made, ever. Definitely the cream of the LucasArts adventure games crop.

17. Eric the Viking

Eric the Viking First time out of the vault

Jul 15, 2004
    I was faintly relieved to see FT2 cancelled... it could have never lived up to original and would have tainted its (FT) memory.

Anyway, favourite game...

C64 - Rolling Thunder, Space Rouge

Amiga - Hunter, StarFlight 1&2, MegaTraveller 1&2, Civ

18. Endless Void

Endless Void It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 10, 2005
    Oh God!!!! I forgot Full Throttle!!!! *slaps himself in the head till it bleeds*
    Damn great game... Wanted to be a rider like Ben ever since...

19. Joachim

Joachim It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2005
    Chrono Trigger
    Super Mario RPG
    Shadowrun (on both the SNES and the sega genesis, both we're really good for especially for old games and I think they should make another one)
    Road Rage
    Earthbound
    Carmaggeden
    and of course Full Throttle

all extremely great classics especiallty full throttle, that game blew my mind when I played it (I was only like 8 I believe)

and graz'zt you're memory of the intro sequence makes me wish I still knew where my old copy of the game I had was..I want to play it so much right now

20. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    don't worry... Microsoft has the rights to make a new Shadowrun game... FPS style :roll: :P