Your favorite childhood video game.

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Frank Horrigan@BIS, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Joachim

Joachim It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 23, 2005
    heh well I can't wait if so, Shadowrun was just an amazing game to me with the seemingly realistic future sense, always a fantasy to see a FPS style one with todays graphics and gameplay

2. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    hell i would actually like to see one that was a decent CRPG

3. Joachim

Aug 23, 2005
    not to sound dumb but what does the C in CRPG mean exactly?

4. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    CPRG = Computer Role Playing Game

5. gonzo13

gonzo13 First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2004
    on the originalNintendo... Dragon Warrior 1 through 4

And on the arcade I loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Simpsons.

6. John Uskglass

John Uskglass Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Aug 29, 2003
    European and Pacific Air War.

7. Lazarus Plus

Lazarus Plus The smoovest

Apr 1, 2005
    It's more commonly defined as a console role playing game, according to my knowledge. Especially since there have been more adventure and RPGs on the computer than on consoles.

8. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    well, i guess it's from the older days for me. As they were called CRPGs on my old 8-bit computers 20 years ago :)

9. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
    No, actually, the definition is more commonly Computer RPG, mainly because consoles are computers as well.

10. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    I'm really gonna date myself here. But when I was 8 or so, my father bought a table-top version of Missle Command. Yes table-top, do people even know what those are now? Played that fucking thing until the rollers wore out.

Oh and many fond memories of Intellivision, the controllers with the inserts specific to each game, the dial/knob thing instead of a joy stick, some great games - Tron, SNAFU, Sea Battle, etc.

Bard's Tale on the PC.

I still remember arcade games like Punch-out and Dragon's Lair being way ahead of their times (of course I'm talking early 80s here).

11. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    I was at a classic game expo about 2 months ago, they had a cocktail (table-top) version of Joust (with two seats for two-player even) running on free play *and* in pristine condtion.

It was for sale, but it was like a couple thousand of dollars (at least), being a collector's item and all.

12. Cimmerian Nights

Cimmerian Nights So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2004
    Holy shit, I'll have to ask my father what he did with ours. Same thing, it had the controls on either side, but rollers, not joysicks.

13. Rev. Layle

Rev. Layle A Smooth-Skin

Jul 26, 2005
    The Joust thing was unique as the there are two separate place to put chairs, side-by-side (which was a requirement being the nature of two-player Joust). There were other games that required the side-by-side controllers in the arcades, but I am not sure if cocktail versions of the other games were ever made.

14. CPL Revolver Meaney

CPL Revolver Meaney First time out of the vault

Aug 3, 2005
    most of my favorite games were on the nintendo 64
    my most favorite game is...

Zelda:Orcania of time

it was a really good game
    the best zelda game to date i think

the newer zelda is too kiddie like

15. Suicide Candidate

Suicide Candidate It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 15, 2004
  16. Joachim

Aug 23, 2005
    I can't play it on any movie things I have (BS player and ATI media
    thing)

EDIT: didn't see the bitTorrent link they had there

17. ferdinand

ferdinand First time out of the vault

Jul 24, 2005
    Aladdin on the Super Nintendo. Played it as a kid and haven't seen it since. That said, it was awesome.

18. topgamer222

topgamer222 First time out of the vault

Mar 14, 2018
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. Kohno

Kohno Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jul 30, 2009
    There were a few, but I really loved Wizball on my C64. The world where the game felt magical and even a bit scary in its weirdness, it was inspiring to the young me and my cousing with whom I played it. It wasn't the best of games, but it's probably one I'll never forget even when I'll probably never get to play it again like I did.

Other similiar cases for C64 were Maniac Mansion, Rambo 3, Wasteland and Giana Sisters.

20. Jogre

Jogre It's all JO'Ger now

Oct 25, 2015
    @topgamer222 You realise you just resurrected a thread that has been dead for 13 years right?