A Compilation That Confirms The Canonical Status of Fallout Tactics.

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!

Hey everybody, I just wanted to share a video I created that compiles all the dialogue from Fallout 3 & 4, that references the Midwest Brotherhood of Steel & their origin story that's presented in Fallout Tactics. While also clarifying some of the changes/retcons made for certain parts of their origin story, plus their ongoing conflict with the remnants of The Master's Army.
And for those who are wondering about this, I hope this answers your question of where it gets its Semi-Canon/Broad Strokes status from!

:ok:

Oh and to all the good people here at NMA, what are your personal thoughts & opinions of the canonical status of Fallout Tactics? Do you think it deserve to be canon? Do you agree with its Semi-Canon status?

:confused:

At this point I’m not sure if “canonicity” matters to me at all. Not just fallout, but any franchise. Especially when franchises get so big and bloated and go through countless writers and artists. The only canon that matters is my own headcanon, which means anything I consider “stupid” or “gay” isn’t canon.

So to answer the question, no, I don’t think Tactics should be canon, because too much of it is stupid and gay. But other than the BOS and Super Mutants stuff I don’t really have a problem with how the region is portrayed and its native factions. And the game itself isn’t bad, despite the lack of RPG elements Fallout is known for.

Nice video though, I didn’t know about some of those. I think Veronica in NV might reference them too. Then there’s what Caesar says about encountering a splinter faction of the BOS on their eastern front, though it’s not clear whether he’s referring to the midwestern brotherhood or some other chapter (perhaps the original Van Buren version of the Circle of Steel before Dead Money established that the Circle of Steel was more of a spec ops outfit within the BOS.)

In regards to your comment about Super Mutants and Chicago. The BoS who ended up in Chicago were in persuit of the fleeing remnants of the Masters army. So you can argue that they were fighting Super Mutants but because of a storm they ended up in Chicago instead. Although as you say there were no Super Mutants in Chicago.

e: I've seen the video now and I like it. Guess you have to comb through all dialogue with Veronica to find out if she ever talks about this issue.

e:2

Back