Alternatives to Caffeine?

So if you want to have a snack, you eat a bowl of some of those? Hmm, I find bread to be a really handy snack. And not just any type of bread, only high rye-content Finnish rye bread. Good for the stomach too. But yea I know about how the body builder - types etc. avoid bread and they are free to do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_bread#Rye_bread

We have traditional rye bread here also, but i'm trying to cut out all bread and grains out of my diet and in turn avoid "snacks". My plan is too see how a gluten free diet with reduced carbs and sugar will effect my health. I try to eat more raw vegetables, fish and some meat (i try to avoid pork and processed meat).

I'm not a body builder type if you were reffering to me :D, since the last summer my cardiologist has banned me from lifting weights so now my only sport is walking, running and bike riding - you can't really build any kind of physique on that regime (good for stamina though).

So a human should not have more than 24-35~ (depending on size and gender) grams of sugar a day. So half of the drinks in a starbucks will fill your whole days intake and some of them even double it. If you eat some cookies with that, or a cake you might be going over 4-5 times the limit - and all of this in on sitting! If you come back home and drink some soda, eat some candy bars.... I'm terrified at what i used to eat in a day now :eek:.

Good God, I had no idea. I used to be a hardcore soda drinker until I went cold turkey with that and went with water and milk. Rarely get headaches like I used to, I really need to ease up on the sweets though.

Because of this thread I got some Earl Grey tea and also some chamomile tea from the store. I'm using them to cut down my daily coffee intake. Chamomile tea is supposed to relax you. Maybe you know it but us Finns are the biggest coffee drinkers in the world. If y'all think you drink a lot of coffee you'd probably be shocked if you visited here. We basically inhale coffee.

http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/top-10-coffee-consuming-nations.html

Anyway, going with tea now. Btw I never put sugar in either coffee or tea, a dash of milk maybe. Sometimes I put artificial sweeterner.

Probably not what you're looking for if you're trying to lose weight, but these look awesome:mrgreen:

Jelly Bellies.

Extreme Sport Beans® Jelly Beans with CAFFEINE - Watermelon

Each serving contains 50 mg of caffeine.

Attachments

• 18df1f6b-1d9b-4a63-b460-fff2f691a4df.jpg
    18df1f6b-1d9b-4a63-b460-fff2f691a4df.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 392
Well that too but it said on the side of the container that you should take it daily, even when not training. Of course the makers of the stuff are happy the more you eat it.

Back