Amazon hands out free GoG copies of Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition until June 12

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
Until June 12 you can get yourself a free GoG copy of Fallout 3 through Amazons Prime Gaming. You have to be a Prime member however it is possible to sign up for a free trial period of Amazon Prime, get the game and then cancel your subscription. Then you can also watch the Fallout Show (which I haven't yet).

I don't understand the point of TTW at all. Why would you ever be playing a good game and think "I wish this was worse like I travel to an area that's just shit that'd be cool"

Respect for the amount of work put it into TTW, but that mod to me is basically playing a bad game so that i can eventually play a good game. Why not just skip Fallout 3 and go straight to New Vegas? You get to play a good game right away and not waste any time playing the bad one.

billionsmustseed.jpg

I don't understand the point of TTW at all. Why would you ever be playing a good game and think "I wish this was worse like I travel to an area that's just shit that'd be cool"
Fallout 3 has better map than Fallout New Vegas.

Guess this one is debatable, but one thing's for certain it is bigger and is more dense, can't say about the quality and quantity of content.
more dense with what? dungeons with fuck all nothing in them? a monster to shoot? fuck all that rpgs should be mostly towns and locations related to them

I agree that Fallout 3 is not the greatest game, but playing it with the mod "A Tribe of Two" let me RP my favourite fiction trope: Badass and Child Duo. Mod also works natively with TTW. Also there's a mod that lets Veronica join Lyons' East Coast chapter, which I consider a happier ending.

I agree that Fallout 3 is not the greatest game, but playing it with the mod "A Tribe of Two" let me RP my favourite fiction trope: Badass and Child Duo. Mod also works natively with TTW. Also there's a mod that lets Veronica join Lyons' East Coast chapter, which I consider a happier ending.
Mods are not the game so using them as a defense for the game itself doesn't make much sense

Mods are not the game so using them as a defense for the game itself doesn't make much sense
Ik, and I agree. I'm simply stating that it opens up a lot in terms of grand-modding experinces. Besides, TTW is a mod itself, why not enjoy it with more mods?

why not enjoy it with more mods?
because if im going to modding games i would prefer to mod games that are actually good. we''re not getting anything from fallout 3 thats on the level of say, project tamriel or tamriel rebuilt that morrowind gets. i also dont find fallout 3 to be all that fun. some people here would call it a guilty pleasure but not me. when i play it i dont feel any pleasure. only guilt.

because if im going to modding games i would prefer to mod games that are actually good. we''re not getting anything from fallout 3 thats on the level of say, project tamriel or tamriel rebuilt that morrowind gets. i also dont find fallout 3 to be all that fun. some people here would call it a guilty pleasure but not me. when i play it i dont feel any pleasure. only guilt.
And games that don't have that much mods, because it is such a nightmare to set up new Fallout New Vegas modlist from zero, given the amount of available mods..

Back