Arefu "Family"

PHeller

First time out of the vault
I accidentally ran into these guys, but I'm not quite sure I've got the levels to handle them. I got lucky by getting them to come inside then blasting them with a flamer, but one was outside killing King, so that was worthless.

So when are you guys encountering the Talon crew?

I first encountered them while walking past the trainyards just north of Big Town. They seem to wait just outside subway and sewer entrance/exits to ambush you when you come out or bushwhack you on your way in.

[spoiler:b56bc1a99b]The thing I like most about the Talon Crew is that their armor is halfway decent and you can use it to keep your Reilly's Ranger armor repaired. Reilly's armor is awesome, +10 small guns, +1 Luck and some other goodie I can't remember off the top of my head.[/spoiler:b56bc1a99b]

First few rounds with the Talon people i grenaded the crap out of them, now it is just 1 or 2 shots with shot gun each.

The family shouldn't attack you. That computer to the left where it says it is ok to hack, don't its a lie.

They attack you on their own? I went and talked to them peacefully and then attacked them when their guard was down

I don't think the Talon's mercenaries crew have anything to do with Arefu's Family, they're just part of a random encounter when going into the wasteland. Seems you have a bounty on your head, and they want it, but you cannot offer double pay to avoid the fight. Some mercenaries they are :roll:

They're a real pain in Very Hard, surviving almost anything without scratches (point-blank shotgun shots in the head ? not even 2 bars of life out), outnumbering you and usually with very good weaponry. If you see one with a combat shotgun, he is your top priority. Don't try to run : he can snipe you 100m away with full damage, taking about a third of your life in the process.

I bothered fighting them a couple of times, but now whenever I see them I just lower the difficulty or better yet, fast travel somewhere else and come back. Great balancing there Bethesda.

your not actually supposed to kill the family, your supposed to talk ians way out of the place....if you kill them dont even bother going back to arefu, theyll just attack you on sight there when you arrive...

Heh, yep. And I wondered why because to me it seemed like they wanted that "the family" never should come back to them. So I wanted the sword of the leader and killed them all. Then I thought ok, quest solved, what so ever and was going back to Arefu, where I also got attacked... I killed the guys there too and never went back...

[spoiler:1f98a109e2]If you had resolved the problem peacefully you get the schematics so you can make that sword yourself. [/spoiler:1f98a109e2]

If you have a high enough speech and you don't piss him off, he just gives you the sword.

i didnt get the schematics....but then again i never went back after getting ian out of there so mabye i should now, plus i hear the shop in there has a decent store of ammo, could always use more MFCs for me plasma

Lexx said:
Heh, yep. And I wondered why because to me it seemed like they wanted that "the family" never should come back to them. So I wanted the sword of the leader and killed them all. Then I thought ok, quest solved, what so ever and was going back to Arefu, where I also got attacked... I killed the guys there too and never went back...

That sword really sucks too so it sounds like your experience was an unimaginable instance of suffering.

Back