Barter buggy in Fixt ?

ntz

First time out of the vault
Hi everybody ..

I decided to reply fo1 after many years ... I went with GOG FO1 version + latest official Fixt (downloaded from here) .. I am running game on the Linux in wine - it works pretty well except see below .. I have question related to barter skill

.. it seems buggy to me .. If raising barter skill above certain level, I have more caps from selling items than what the price for the same item is afterwards even from same seller .. it can be obviously exploited to get everything in the game early on .. even if I don't raise the barter skill `too high' prices in shops are ridiculously low and uncompetitive with barter around 40-50 already ... Is this please normal ?? o.O

I am playing game on Linux in wine .. It works like charm except of sfall which doesn't work so I have to play it without it .. I play with a Fixt's `High Resolution Mod' .. Could the fact that I am playing the game on Linux with wine somehow influence that I see this issue with barter skill ? o.O

side question: as pointed out above, I am running fo1 (and fo2) \wo sfall, just with high-res mod .. technically speaking I can run the game \w sfall, but it has horrible laggy performance so it's unplayable .. Any idea what I can do with that .. Same for FO1 and FO2 ..

thanks and cheers

It's like that unmodded too. From Per's guide:
By investing in Barter you will even be able to sell items for more than you pay for them, with the result that you can methodically strip shopkeepers of all they have - about 60% should be enough to do this to Killian. No real point to it, though.

It's different in Fallout 2 as I recall.

Oh really .. thanks .. interesting that this so obvious bug didn't get fixed in Fixt ... thanks for point ... mystery solved ...

Back