Being sleepy allowed me to discover...

Naheenanajah

First time out of the vault
...that there is a light in this game. Hold tab for a couple of seconds (or whatever button brings up the pip-boy in console versions I suppose) and your pip-boy glows with the power of the sun! I got a little sluggish while bringing up my trusty old pip-boy and I'm guessing that I activated a built in light source. The reason I'm writing here (first post and everything) is because I couldn't find this in the manual, in game, or on the web.

Ha, I just assumed that I knew how to play. Also, I just looked in the manual with my eyes open and found it.

Naheenanajah said:
Ha, I just assumed that I knew how to play. Also, I just looked in the manual with my eyes open and found it.

also:
holding reload holsters your weapon.
and
holding V scans all enemies, even very far away!

I don't use the light, why do you use the light? What the hell? It's a pretty well lit game. This ain't no fuckin' AvP.

SupermanOctopus said:
I don't use the light, why do you use the light? What the hell? It's a pretty well lit game. This ain't no fuckin' AvP.
go to the dunwich building and get back to me on that

Oh man... I thought the hole game over "whats with a flash light? I saw this in a video.." but couldn't figure out how this works...

Why no extra button for this? Why not "f" button like in any other game?

Yeah, I only found out about this around mid-game too.

IIRC, I was informed of its existance by a loading screen.

Thanks for the weapon-holstering command, I didn't figure that one out yet and wondered why my PC always had her fists clenched.

Lexx said:
Why no extra button for this? Why not "f" button like in any other game?
Because the game is native to consoles. :roll:

Yes. Pretty bad port again. Seems to me like they only added mouse support for the menus...

Selecting bodyparts with the mouse is a pretty shaky experience at times, especially if you are very close to the enemy.

oihrebwe said:
SupermanOctopus said:
go to the dunwich building and get back to me on that

That exactly why i thought it was weird of them not to include the light but for the most part I'm glad i didn't know about it, Dunwich in the dark added to the creepy atmosphere. Maybe now i can go back and find that book.

Im hoping there will be a mod to rebind the light to some other key. holding tab is idiotic

And even more special is that this is 'like' the first game where the flashlight does not need to recharge. You can leave it on forever...or at least until you enter leave a building/level ...

ArmorB said:
And even more special is that this is 'like' the first game where the flashlight does not need to recharge. You can leave it on forever...or at least until you enter leave a building/level ...

Yeah man, thats crazy, a light that lasts forever!?! What about Power armor that never seems to never run out of juice in any of the FO games.

Von Drunky said:
ArmorB said:

Yeah man, thats crazy, a light that lasts forever!?! What about Power armor that never seems to never run out of juice in any of the FO games.

Don't read much do ya? In FO1 I believe it is stated that the fusion power cells are supposed to last about 200 years.

Umm, that was like the point. If a battery for something as complex as power armor can last for 200 years. Whats so far fetch about a flashlight that does not need to recharge?

Back