Best mod to play Fallout 1 again?

BigDuke66

First time out of the vault
Hi
I didn't pay much attention to FO1 regarding mods, but now as I would like to play it again I would like to know what the best mod would be a replay FO1.
Is there something similar for FO1 what UP & RP do for FO2?

Et Tu is better for overall content, I just have a terrible time installing mods. To be specific, no matter how much I tweaked the resolution in the text files and config it stayed the same. Leading me to believe I installed something incorrectly, then I started getting TTW flashbacks, so I just stuck with Fixt.

Last edited:
Seems u were tweaking the wrong files
Probably, file structures are not my strong suit. To be clear, I was trying to bring the camera further back, but no matter what I tweaked, separately or together, it stayed the same distance.
Also, I got tired of reinstalling both games, as short a process as it is, it brought back memories of Tale of Two Wastelands.

Edit: I'll try installing Et Tu again, either today or in the coming days. So I can better explain myself.

Last edited:
There is no need to reinstall both games.
I do that so I can start with a fresh slate. I've had too many modding experiences where I've messed something up at the start only for the negative side effects to not show up until late in a playthrough, usually resulting in that playthrough being abandoned or lost.

Edit: How do I re-enable the the original Hi-Res patch? I want to be able to alter the resolution in game.

Last edited:
ettu installs into a custom folder that doesn't touch your Fo1 and Fo2, so there is no need to reinstall those. Deinstalling it is pretty much "delete the Fallout1in2 folder" and done.

ettu installs into a custom folder that doesn't touch your Fo1 and Fo2, so there is no need to reinstall those. Deinstalling it is pretty much "delete the Fallout1in2 folder" and done.
I had touched ini's outside of it.

*.ini files outside of the ettu folder do not interest ettu. Only what's inside the new Fallout1in2 folder.

*.ini files outside of the ettu folder do not interest ettu. Only what's inside the new Fallout1in2 folder.
Well, I've got it all re-installed regardless; not going to touch anything. Thanks for your patience with my idiocy.

Back