Best way to play Tactics

• Thread starter Thread starter TorontoReign
  • Start date Start date
My point in doing this whole thing is to promote Tactics over Fallout 3. Plenty of Bethesda fanboys will blow hot loads over Fallout 3, but they will frown at Tactics for multiple reasons.
Yes, I do know you are promoting Tactics over Fallout 3, but why does that need to be presented here, in this particular thread? Has anyone in this thread ever stated something like "Play Fallout 3 instead. It's a better game"? Your statement of saying Fallout 3 is a bad game really came out of nowhere while nobody has ever said anything about it until you start bringing up. Or did you just assume that I would think Fallout 3 is a better game than Tactics, despite the fact I said nothing about it?

You're really triggered bro. Are you ok?

Are you going to tell us why you don't like Tactics specifically yet?

No?

Would you like some water? A towel to wipe your chin there?

Yes, I do know you are promoting Tactics over Fallout 3, but why does that need to be presented here, in this particular thread? Has anyone in this thread ever stated something like "Play Fallout 3 instead. It's a better game"? Your statement of saying Fallout 3 is a bad game really came out of nowhere while nobody has ever said anything about it until you start bringing up. Or did you just assume that I would think Fallout 3 is a better game than Tactics, despite the fact I said nothing about it?

Why does it need to be presented here? Because this is my thread and I can mention it if I like. Because the only reason this thread exists is to serve the article that will follow it. I have spoken about it numerous times in other threads, so I did not feel the need to front load this one with it. When you said what you did I felt the need to express my disliking of people saying Tactics is unplayable while other unplayable games are literally unplayable due to crashing too much. Basically I never said you liked Fallout 3 or had anything to do with it.

Redux includes the burst fire fix, some mission script fixes and a few other things, so that's probably the least buggy version of main campaign you can play. Equilbrium is mostly balance changes, reverts it to be more like vanilla with fixes to some of the things that were iffy or exploitable.

Redux includes the burst fire fix, some mission script fixes and a few other things, so that's probably the least buggy version of main campaign you can play. Equilbrium is mostly balance changes, reverts it to be more like vanilla with fixes to some of the things that were iffy or exploitable.

That must be what I played with last time. Thanks man. A gentlemen and a scholar. I was going to recommend that as the Killap patch equivalent to Tactics. To me it's like do you play Fallout 2 without the Restoration patch?

You're really triggered bro. Are you ok?
I'm not triggered nor mad at anything, let's not assume how is the mood for the others just by looking at none other than bunch of text they made online, shall we? I just wanted to know why Fallout 3 had to be brought here when no one here mentioned it. I'm not mad.

Are you going to tell us why you don't like Tactics specifically yet?
I already stated that Tactics is poorly developed game with tons of bugs and errors, but I'm gonna add one more thing on to that; the control was also awful.

The fact that you are only allowed to move into 8 directions while the game is not grid-based, and you don't move one tile to another was a big thing. You can click on literally everywhere on the map to move, but you have no idea how your units are gonna move into that position you just clicked. In a game like this, that is a big deal.

I'd also like to address about the delay between when you're issuing a command, and when your unit executing that command, but I found that several people are implying that they haven't felt such unresponsiveness while playing the game for themselves. So this might be just me feeling that way. However, my statement about the movement is enough to say that control is awful.

When you said what you did I felt the need to express my disliking of people saying Tactics is unplayable while other unplayable games are literally unplayable due to crashing too much.
Sorry, but I don't think that makes bringing up about Fallout 3 here any relevant to the topic. Now, if someone WERE to mention something like "Tactics is a bad. Play Fallout 3 instead.", yours would be totally relevant.

This reminds me that comic I saw recently, which was about the chef telling the customer that he's a gay out of context, and the customer was confused as hell as to figure why the chef felt like saying that. The chef may had the point, but was it relevant to bring that infront of his customer out of nowhere? I don't think so.

I'm not going to carry on arguing with you about dumb shit. I got what I wanted. What I said was relevant to my motive. That is why I said it. I have nothing more to say.

Tactics have many many bugs that are starting to be adressed with Melindil's Scripting Engine (https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-tactics-scripting-engine-0-50a.216025/), like problems with burst for example. There are also many bugs with perks and traits (like NightPerson trait, Team Player, Loner and Bonzai perks) that are almost all part of Melindil's Scripting Engine already. These out of the way, you already have a way better playing experience without having to relate on some patch or mod.

Back