Broken Roads - Release on April 10th

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

Broken Roads is an isometric RPG set in a post-apocalypse Australia. It remains to be seen if it's good, however it was originally scheduled for release on November 14 2023 but got some additional love to make sure it plays well. It will be available on Steam and GoG.

It's interesting that we had a discussion on how the cover art for the game didn't get anyone excited. Well it looks like they've changed that now. In the new one there's a woman sitting down and from a first quick glance her knee-pad can easily be mistaken for a big boob. There's also a nuke going of in the distance. So I take it they wanted something more captivating and exciting than the old art.

It's interesting that we had a discussion on how the cover art for the game didn't get anyone excited. Well it looks like they've changed that now. In the new one there's a woman sitting down and from a first quick glance her knee-pad can easily be mistaken for a big boob. There's also a nuke going of in the distance. So I take it they wanted something more captivating and exciting than the old art.

Nice~ Sometimes it's not actually that matter about boobs or not (maxed zoomout isometric) but it's a matter of attitudes. If you aint being professionals and taking care of professional demand (aka marketing), your game's quality aint being surefire certain a good thang.

It's funny that they seem to have taken our actual suggestions and tried to do something with them. You wrote this:
A fail marketing process, as usual.

1. No recognizable female face anywhere. ... In marketing, specifically marketing games, a (recognizable) female face hit the spot.

2. ...

3. And finally, no striking eyecatcher. Like, every frame of the video is so-so, flat like a still lake. There's no explosion, no sudden animation, which is a part of post apo combat game. movement is fine, but that's basic, you need explosion too.

At one point Lexx wrote:
I'm pretty sure most of the successful indie titles in the past years do not have babes and explosions on their cover image.

However it could be argued whether the woman on the new cover is a babe or not.

Last edited:
New banner looks a lot better, though. Now it feels like something for a game at least.

Not a knock on the game, it looks like it's taking more from the Xcom toolkit in terms of squad mechanics, which has never been my cup of tea. Also, as much as a I love the first two Fallouts, I can only replay them so many times. I miss wandering the wastes and finding people to tag along with, that more or less react to combat and occasionally chat about relevant topics. I know someone might recommend New Vegas as well, all I can say about that is: I've played it more that Fallout/Fallout2 combined and that it's crashing and general jankiness (with all fixes installed), has pretty much removed any desire to ever touch the game again. I love the story, don't get me wrong, I just can't stand playing it anymore.

Back