Can't open my save anymore!

RumblezMan

First time out of the vault
First of all, the save in question was created in the Restoration Project.

"The instruction at 004f11db referenced memory from 00000010. The memory could not be read from..."

Any idea on how to fix this? Last week it was fine, but it started crashing every time I open it.

First of all, the save in question was created in the Restoration Project.

"The instruction at 004f11db referenced memory from 00000010. The memory could not be read from..."

Any idea on how to fix this? Last week it was fine, but it started crashing every time I open it.

This smells like you've installed a mod after saving. Mods tend to break existing savegames, unless otherwise stated.

Or, you may just have experienced the "Fallout ate my save" bug. It's happened to all of us at some point.

Protip: Use multiple saves.

Last edited:
Or, you may just have experienced the "Fallout ate my save" bug. It's happened to all of us at some point.

Maybe that's what happened. I have never heard of this bug, so thank you.

Protip: Use multiple saves.

I have another one so I don't have to start all over again. However, in game time, it's a month behind :/ It worked when I tested.

I had the exact same problem. alas, this was for ALL of my save slots (around 20 slots). I did not install any other mods. However I need it to delete/reinstall Fallout 2 & ResProject . then all my saves was broken with exact same error like yours. I did the EXACT same F2 installs, and new installed fallout 2 with RP just does not like my saves. Good news is was AFTER i beat the game. so not big lost, but still is so frustrating.

Back