Colony Ship released!

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

We proudly present Colony Ship and invite you on a dystopian adventure of a (very short) lifetime.

Seven years in the making, Colony Ship is our third game and a second full-scale RPG that emphasizes choices and different ways to play. We hope you will enjoy the game (if in doubt, try the demo first) and we look forward to your feedback.

We’d like to thank the Early Access players who supported us and helped us make a much better game. We wouldn't have made it that far without you.

I played Age of Decadence (it's from the same devs), it was actually really fucking good. The depth and breath of the choice and consequence system was insane (for real, it's even better than any Fallout game or even Alpha Protocol on this regard). I'm 100% going to give this one a try when I can.

I played Age of Decadence and thought it was shite. The combat was borrring, the main map was ok. Colony Ship looks like lots of other games both the gameplay and inventory screens seem almost generic.

Nah Age of Decadence really is a low budget RPG and it shows. It is ok but I could not get into it despite the C&C.

Colony Ship interests me but I will wait before I buy.

Questions is if I should finish AoD before starting Colony Ship so that I can understand how their games have developed.

I have begun Loremaster runs a few times in AoD and got to the second city. But it's a bit overwhelming and especially when you lack the meta-knowledge. It takes a lot of effort to play AoD and it isn't that relaxing so you must be mentally prepared. I suspect Colony Ship plays similar. If every choice matters then you must put a lot of thought into every choice and that is mentally taxing but at the same time what grown people should play (if they should even play games at all?).

If you can, you should try to relax that mindset at least for the first couple of playthroughs, because it is impossible to do everything with a single character, but it is almost always possible to finish the game even if you've botched things completely with your chosen guild.
Doing a run through as a pure dumb Yes Man combat char is fun too.

I would assume Colony Ship works somewhat similarly.

Never do that thing where you are on your 7th character and still have not beaten the game. You will just get burnt out.

Is this at least as good as ATOM RPG? I'm interesting in picking it up.
Probably better. I haven't played it yet but my guess would be that everything is more finetuned and better calibrated in this compared to ATOM, at least when it comes to the gameplay systems, quest-rewards etc.

I bought it last night and played for a few hours. Really enjoying it so far. My only problem is the skill system. I don't really like it. It feels like an artificial barrier and forces me to play on the pace that developers set, not my own.

I already played Colony Ship in early access, excited to finally get the full story. Imho it's much better than Atom which I kinda enjoyed because it seemed to scratch that classic Fallout itch but in retrospect really isn't a very good game.

It's bound to be good due to the dev. How could it be big poop Fish I mean it's not FALLOUT 4 hahaha. ;)

If you need to know wait for it to get all the bugs out first. Wait six more months after the game is released like BG3 or something.

Back