Crash at startup

Ah-Teen

Vault Senior Citizen
Orderite
So it crashes whenever I click play on the launcher. Crashes before it plays the movies.

Any trouble shooting ideas?

Try going to control panel, sounds and multimedia, and setting the acceleration to "Basic" (one notch from the left).

I had a weird problem with this game skipping parts of intro and sounds until I did that.

got the same issues jsut after the menu when i start the game it crashes.

playing on vista
q6600
with radeon HD4850

yes all drivers are updated i even added fallout 3 to expception list in ffdshow.. GAH!! i bought a brand new computer to be able to handle this game and been waiting ages for it.. now it doesnt start F.CK!

Welcome to bethesda's rape machine.

And people wonder why we weren't happy about this in the first place?

Ok! It's saying I need standard VGA installed to install the lastest(and mostlikely the last) drivers. So I'm working on that

I'm wondering if there are any free driver updaters out there to keep my drivers up to date without this BS.

i got it working i had to strip all my old codecs for video and audio then reinstall fresh new ones.. seems there was an issue showing the intro video thats when my client chrashed.

seems i spoke to soon for me it seems it is the audio codec and the onboard realtek HD sound that mess things up for me..

i got it working but as soon as i installed the realtek audio program it crashes..

Back