Did Broken Still Install Properly??

Von Drunky

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
I have problems with Live so I'm not sure if the add on was installed or not. The download option is not highlighted in the main menu. So i want to be sure it was installed successfully. I just started a new game and was wondering when I would begin to see new content.

Thanks!

Well, at OA LIVE was so very intelligent to install the content into a folder only available in-game when in Multiplayer/online play.
Locate that folder and copy it into the FO3 directory, there should be an .esm file for BS to activate as well. Just do a Search for ".esm", including hidden folders, and there it should be.
Maybe that solves the problem with BS as well?

Besides, LIVE is true and utter - sorry - cr**. Even when I wanted to give them money (=buy their obscure "ms-points") they didn't let me - "come back later". Big deal. Any other shop would have to close in a minute with such support, but certainly not m$. I can't imagine why Bethesda associated with them exclusively for the downloadable content (on the other hand, it fits: DLC with their download/install routines go the classic way, We Know Better Than You, We Install For You, You Don't Need To Know, Anyway You Are Stupid)).
So I am still awaiting BS ... Correction: I got it, finally. By opening a new account and paying via that new account. Oh by, I don't like them ...

I noticed a really quick message that appears when I load up the game that says something like something something new content IDK its really fast. I just wanted to know if BS changes the main menu screen or something. I'm almost done with the main quest so I guess I'll find out soon. Thanks for your input.

Well, I now have downloaded the DLC, copied it into Fo3/Data, moved the right files into /Video ... enabled the BS .esm ... loaded the game at the last save, right in foront of the control room ... yet, nothing happens - my game still ends as usual, no add-on anywhere to see.

Any ideas? When BS is enabled, do you see the final scenes, or does it "hop" to BS immediately after the screen goes white?

*BUMP*

I finally beat the game again, with the BS add on installed before I started a new game. However the ending is still the same. The Download option on the main menu is now accessible and it says "new content available" but now what? I went back to my quick save a few times right before I had to choose who will go into the room and nothing changes. Please help.

finally it worked. Why it did, I don't know; I deactivated some (just some) of the Mods, MilitaryBase and CallVertibirds, and the game showed the message "Installing Broken Steel" right before the End Slideshow.

Don't ask me, I unchecked all the mods many times before, restarted many times before yet it never worked. Maybe the DLC can only be installed at fridays or so. Would fit, I guess.

I got "Broken Still" to finial work after restoring my internet setting to default, which messed up the remote connection to the office computer (so maybe it was the router settings?) anyway Games for Windows - LIVE is totally B.S you have to be signed into your online profile in order for the add on to install properly. But for w/e reason if you have custom settings, it will not let you log in even if you have the proper ports open. Why not just providing a visible file that installs like a patch? Its not like it phased the piracy factor since I've seen these add-ons all over torrent sites. So what the fuck window, what the fuck!

Back