Does water have any use?

I think in f1 when your travelling around the world map its good to have the canteen with you will randomly get dehydradted on the map...

Quoting from a random walkthrough: "If you carry a Water Flask you'll be safe from the mildly delaying and/or damaging effects of dehydration, at the cost of every Water Flask in your inventory disappearing when you get such an encounter. Thus there's no point in carrying more than one Water Flask."

Basically they're worthless. If you want to keep them around, have an NPC carry all but one of them.

Finesse said:
I think in f1 when your travelling around the world map its good to have the canteen with you will randomly get dehydradted on the map...

Which usually only costs you an HP ortwo and is nowhere near the dangers of going without a Canteen into the desert in Wasteland.

So, no, ordinary flasks you can barter away. You will want to stick to the "Holy" flasks in F2

Little bit off topic, well sorta. Theres quite a few flasks in vault 13 in Fo:1, and oddly you can take them all without killing the vault (always found that odd.). As well I found it odd that the water merchants were always holding Vault 13 water flasks on them. If your wearing powered armour in Fo:1, you dont get hit for any dmg due to dehydration.

this is sorta a stupid question and a little off topic but why do you need to stick with the canteens in FO2 i never did in any of the 13 games ive beat.

Well, you CAN beat the game without the "holy flasks", but the plot will become obscure in Vault City. Not that it matters, but it won't be so obvious where should you go next.

**SPOY-LEH**

You only need the flasks when you talk to lynette in vault city. They help prove you are from the original vault. It also helps to remove you armor...

Back