Fallout 1 for smart phones??

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by ceasarmi, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ceasarmi

ceasarmi First time out of the vault

Dec 15, 2011
    So I have been trying to get the original fallout on my HTC thunderbolt for days now, I have downloaded a few files but don't know where to start. So my question is where can I download the original version of fallout on my phone, and how do I get it to play?

2. Kanhef

Kanhef Vault Dweller

Sep 2, 2007
    HTC Thunderbolt runs Android on an ARM processor. Fallout was written for DOS/Windows on 80386, so you'll need an emulator. Some people have reported getting it to (sort of) work on a PSP using DosBox; you could try the Android version of it. As for getting Fallout onto the phone, just hook it up to your computer and copy the files over.

3. shihonage

shihonage Made in USSR

May 8, 2007
    Even if there's a perfect copy of Fallout working under DOSBOX at perfect speed on your Android phone, the nature of the interface will make gameplay into a cumbersome nightmare on the 4.5-inch screen.

4. ceasarmi

ceasarmi First time out of the vault

Dec 15, 2011
    Alright thank you guys, ill attempt to run it with the dosbox app I just downloaded..

5. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    hello as for them android phones and Fallout it's not the time Yet.

As for how well it would run I've made a video on running Fallout1 on Samsung Galaxy S2

view it ,Here , then the description and after that decide if it's still worth a shot.
    Until adosbox supports hardware graphic acceleration built in on those new mobile devices, until it's not going to run fast enough to be playable