Fallout 2 crashing/restarting my PC

Okradion

First time out of the vault
Most often happens in inventory screens (especially when trading with merchants). But it can happen at any point, after 3-4 minutes of playtime. First the sound goes crazy, kind of krrrrrrrrrrr noise, then the game freezes, then reset. No error message, nothing. Just hard-crash and reset.

I'm using win10, f2 GOG version with v28 RP updated, maps update, and ecco gameplay overhaul mod.

Most often happens in inventory screens (especially when trading with merchants). But it can happen at any point, after 3-4 minutes of playtime. First the sound goes crazy, kind of krrrrrrrrrrr noise, then the game freezes, then reset. No error message, nothing. Just hard-crash and reset.

I'm using win10, f2 GOG version with v28 RP updated, maps update, and ecco gameplay overhaul mod.

When I had trouble with TC Nevada I uninstalled F2 then made a folder C:/games and installed to that before adding Nevada's files.
I've had that Grrrrrrrrr noise with Baldur's gate 3 and as you say it crashes right out.

I've installed it in C:/GOG Games.

Anyway I think 2x upscaling has something to do with it, I disabled upscaling and lowered the res, and it seems to be a little better, but still crashes occassionally.

I've installed it in C:/GOG Games.

Anyway I think 2x upscaling has something to do with it, I disabled upscaling and lowered the res, and it seems to be a little better, but still crashes occassionally.

It maybe an idea to repeat your request in one of the RP UP threads ! Good luck anyway.

Back