Fallout 2 - Problem with weird colors (Windows 7)

MarshDanni

First time out of the vault
Ok so I got Fallout 2 a couple days ago and I got version 1.00 and also I have those weird colors that keep appearing and I can't stand them anymore I ruins the game for me also I have Restoration Project but I don't know can RP fix the colors if not could someone please tell me how to get rid of those colors

Did you start by reading the 200 other threads on the same subject?

I only found one and my biggest problem is I can't get the patch 1.02d because I have windows 7 64-bits which means I can't get the High Resolution pack so I am looking for an answer

so if I have RP 2.1.2b I can still patch it on 1.00 version and then there won't be any weird colors right?

Yes, instal the Fo2 v1.0 + RP 2.1.2b and you will be fine, even on Win7 64-bit.

Great I have a new problem I just installed the RP patch and now when I start fallout it says:

This program requires Windows 95 with DirectX 3.0a or later

so I put the Fallout 2.exe compatible with Windows 95 and the error is still there what should I do to fix this

First, read the sfall's readme file.
Then update your DirectX 9.0c and put that W95 compatibility mode away, otherwise sfall will not be working.

ok I've read it and still I don't know what to do It says something about ddraw.dll to extract to Fallout 2 file but where to found the ddraw.dll

oh and one more thing please could you give me a link to the Direct X 9.0 update please I am afraid I mess up something

Thanks in advance

I'm using this one without any problem:
Code:
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8109
Don't forget to set Mode=4 in the [Graphics] section of ddraw.ini file afterward.

That's a sfall's configuration file, it should be placed in your Fallout2 installation folder. (use the search function eventually)

Back