Fallout 2 save game editor

jadow77

First time out of the vault
Is there a savegame editor that works with the gog version and preferably with the gog version+ Restoration Project 2.1.2b?

Says it dont find the fallout2.cfg file, where is that located?, I can't find any such file either...

jadow77 said:
Says it dont find the fallout2.cfg file, where is that located?, I can't find any such file either...
I guess you installed FO2 in the "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" directory. If that's the case, your fallout2.cfg should be in your C:\Users\(account name)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\(FO2 install directory).

jadow77 said:
It should get created in your main fallout 2 folder the first time you run the game.
If you are using Vista or win 7, your save games and other items can get placed in a hidden AppData folder, usually located at C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\BlackIsle\Fallout2 or something similar, if you install the game in the programs folder. Maybe it's there?
Anyway, you shouldn't install the game into the programs folder, it's mentioned in the RP readme.

I did install it in my program file map at first install but later read that you shoulden't do that and reinstalled at other places several diffrent ones still can't find the .cfg file, did check at that place C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and theres nothing there....

I am usin win7

D:\Fallout 2\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT01 there are 1map named proto and 4 files ending in .SAV and .DAT

@ NovaRain - "Rough like a ninja, stinging like a bee". ;)

jadow77 said:
D:\Fallout 2\data\SAVEGAME\SLOT01 there are 1map named proto and 4 files ending in .SAV and .DAT
If you check out options for F2se, it should say "D:\Fallout 2" as the fallout 2 path. If it's not then give it that path, and only that, as that is where the fallout2.cfg file is at. If you give it the full path to your save game it won't be able to find the cfg file.

Sorry to necro an old topic...
I'm having some trouble getting this to work.
My SAVEGAME file are found in this path
C:\GOG Games\Fallout 2\f2_res\data\SAVEGAME

And the fallout2.cfg file is in
C:\GOG Games\Fallout 2

Any suggestions?
I appreciate the help.

Attachments

• Fallout.png
    Fallout.png
    320.4 KB · Views: 2,036
No need to ressurect a thread that is 2 years n half old unless you did to be a troll.

This is the reason why i suggested to korin to delete all the threads that didnt get a reply for 30 days or accounts that didnt log for 30 days. :/

Hey Felipepl I'd agree on the old topics but You are not serious about deleteing all the accounts that havent logged in 30 days are you?! I usually lurk around the forum but rarely log in. Usually I'm motivated to log in when I'm interested in a conversation or for the lulz in a conversation that has gone wrong and I'm trying to piss-off some folks for a good laugh.. but i rarely do log in so i hope You are joking about deleteing an account just because one has not logged in for 30 or more days..?

Back