Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

I disagree with your suggestions, warrior. The mod would be less fun to me, if he did all the changes you described.
The fact you're willing to pay, doesn't magically turn it into a perfect update. It doesn't mean all users of WR will appreaciate this hypothetical mod update.

I always thought it was fine that the game punished the player, if they made a bad choice.
If you drastically reduce your intelligence to have high luck (in the character creation screen) and snipe your enemies, don't complain when you find out a lot of quests are locked due to your stupidity. If you don't want to miss certain quests, reduce another primary statistic, next time.

Most (true) cRPGs have you going back to the drawing board, until you finally succeed in creating your ideal build. Imo it would be ridiculous if every build was fabulously good in F1 - F2. It's a frigging computer game, not chess - let's be realistic here. One side can be more powerful than other.

When I run the installer It will keep showing the "looks like I need to unpack my mod zip files to the same folder as FO2 exe" message( and I did extract the files to the FO2 folder) so pls tell me what im doing wrong. I have the GOG version of the game with the RP already installed

When I run the installer It will keep showing the "looks like I need to unpack my mod zip files to the same folder as FO2 exe" message( and I did extract the files to the FO2 folder) so pls tell me what im doing wrong. I have the GOG version of the game with the RP already installed
Dang.
The only problem I had, was having to manually extract Worldmap.txt (strange how the WR allows you to use vanilla, but gives you an error like that, now that I think about it. Huh, who would've thought you'd need to use Dat explorer/Dat explorer 2 just to install the mod) from one of the Dat files, during the mod installation. Everything else went smoothly.
My Fallout 2 is from Gog's store, as well.

I hope somebody here can help you, man.

EDIT: It's been a while since I did a playthrough with MIB's Megamod. Perhaps Magnus modification was integrated into it.
Oh and one of the readme files said you can install WR manually. That's the end of your problems, right there.

Last edited:
I had the same situation, so I followed all the manual installation steps, but now another problem: The mod doesn't appear to be doing anything. No changes in-game whatsoever. Is there something missing from the manual install instructions?

Edit: Oddly enough, putting a fresh RP Fallout 2 installation into C:\Fallout 2 now lets the installer work properly. Previously it was several folders deep in D:\. Not sure why this fixed it, but hey, worth a try.

Last edited:
Hey, is there is way to only put the Mauser as a common weapon and let the .223 pistol be the exotic one without changing the entire way of the pistols and ammo?

Hey, is there is way to only put the Mauser as a common weapon and let the .223 pistol be the exotic one without changing the entire way of the pistols and ammo?

You can edit the proto files to switch between the two's stats, picture and description (leaving the proto # as it is). The other solution will be to edit (all of) the specific maps/trader scripts.

You can edit the proto files to switch between the two's stats, picture and description (leaving the proto # as it is). The other solution will be to edit (all of) the specific maps/trader scripts.
But what program would I need to do that?

But what program would I need to do that?
First video in Quantum's thread should cover it. Or at least give you a direction if you plan to script.
https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/quantums-fallout-modding-how-to-videos.220015/

Check out the other videos as well, if necessary. Proto Manager, Sfall Editor and Fallout 2 Mapper are the programs relevant for you. Proto manager for the switching between stats solution (easy and quick) and the other two are for the latter solution (time consuming).

Hi Magnus, I'm working on a similar mod, is it ok if I reuse some of your work? My mod has a somewhat different objective, but it overlaps in that it wants to make Throwing useful - partly in my own way, partly using changes you've made such as applying melee damage to some throwables. Also I would like to reuse most of the AP ammo changes, and do a similar but more minimalist laser resistance nerf. Most of the Unarmed changes look good too. Plus probably a few more minor things which I haven't decided on yet.

Also, are there .ssl versions of the scripts, in case I want to modify them for my own mod?

Few questions on weapons intended for long range.

So from what I read Bozar is changed to sniper weapon, and suffers penality at close range (it means Weapon scoped range perk ?). As Scoped hunting rifle. How I can know where exactly short range starts to apply?

With this mod, I want to know does it apply also to :

Sniper rifle
Light support weapon
Laser rifle
??

And last one, as I read, Plasma and Turbo plasma rifle don't have long range bonus anymore (means no Weapon long range perk, right?). Just want to check.

Most likely I would try this mod (it is first time for me) now. It should work ok with latest RPU V26? Although I played and completed game few times in past I'm not that familiar with details I mention so I would like to learn more. Thanks in advance :ok:

For the next version I will be looking at a way to make JHP ammo less volatile. Currently you may find yourself laughing off shots from Metzger's gang in your Combat Armor, until one of them suddenly lands a critical hit that does 100hp and you explode in gore. There's no counterplay against that. What's more, you can reliably do this to enemies once you get the .44 Magnum and enough skill to aim for the eyes. I do want critical hits to feel appropriately powerful, but I don't want the Magnum to be the best gun in the game, at least not until you get the Sniper perk.

Did this get implemented in the end?

what about just disabling armor-pierce of critical hits alltogether and just relying on multiplier and injuries?

p.s. - some weapons sure got stronger xDD

I love how progression was fixed so bug scary miniguns which seemed the strongest now are the strongest and the weird machinegun bozar is left behind

but the gatling laser is still worthless tho...
dfcaa074deea504709523e3f9eeec88e.png

also I noticed that molotov cocktail stays intact on the ground after the explosion xD so one bottle can be blown up indefinitely

and the added throw function to most melee weapons has one bug (flaw):
1. you throw a throwing knife - it stays in the interface and you can throw more right away
2. you throw a crowbar once - and it disappears from the interface even if you have 10 more, and only way to throw more is to open inventory each time and put one more

also switching between normal swing and aimed became really hard because now there is also throw and aimed throw there in between :-(
Chances that I'd throw my main weapon away is pretty much nonexistent but each battle-turn I have to scroll past 2 new throwing modes with it cuz I have 9AP and do 1 targeted swing and 1 normal one...

also my bozar turned into light support weapon when I installed F2WR midgame, I kinda disagree with this switch since bozar was pretty rare and light support was common and since you switched places now the super sniper bozar is as common as light support weapon and the now rare LSW which took its place is still meh

Last edited:
Power Armour doesn't stack stats on top of strength above 6

Melee damage, carry weight and throw range bonuses (from power armour) don't exceed strength of 10 ,making a character with initial strength above 6 useless once you have power armour (that adds +4 STR)

As a initial 10 strength unarmed/melee / throwing character I was disappointed this wasn't implemented. This mod is to make everything fun and useful but it seems they forget making initial strength (above 6) useful as well

I can use a character editor to some degree but it doesn't fix initial high strength opponents stats with power armour making it unfair.. plus having these opponents with extra melee/ throw range/carry weight would make it more fun and challenging too

If the Creater reads this are you able to tweak this as I want to replay the game with same character type. Plus you put so much work into it already. Doing this will make it perfect and complete

I happy to donate for this

Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Realistically... Power Armor should not be affected by the strength of the occupant—no more than a forklift would benefit from being controlled by a professional power-lifter—— nor diminished when controlled by someone unable to lift 40 pounds.

In a (true) RPG there shouldn't be and ideal build; all builds should both open and close off opportunities for the PC.

Realistically... Power Armor should not be affected by the strength of the occupant—no more than a forklift would benefit from being controlled by a professional power-lifter—— nor diminished when controlled by someone unable to lift 40 pounds.

(Sorry I misread your msg so I'm correcting my reply)

No RPG game or any game is realistic though, what matters is the playability ,rgp rules and tactics.. and with the case of the mod, "making everything useful and fun" therefore making everything a worthwhile investment for the player.. but I feel this should include Strength as well

I forgot to mention also that I played the game through as a 10 strength 10 agility 10 endurance character using exclusively unarmed ,throwing and sneak with all the perks associated with unarmed perks(incl bonus move ,bonus melee , stone wall,, reduced melee ap usage, Slayer perk ect)

As you can see my issue with the power armour stack limit may not affect many players.. but with my character build it's quite significant

Maybe Im the only player that's done this ..but let me tell you it works (and its fun)

.. they should rectify the damage after 10 strength as far as the melee DMG, throw range, and carry weight is concerned with the power armour

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it compatible with EcCo? If yes, which is the right installation sequence? Thank you.

I just installed fresh copy of FO2 from GOG, unpacked F2WR v2.3d zip there and ran installer.
Here few strange messages.

---

It looks like you do not have an English version of Fallout 2.
Item descriptions will not be updated.

---

Where is your Worldmap.txt, you skullduggerous bastard?

I've just created a Data\Data folder for you, since you don't have one.
Please put your Worldmap.txt in the Data\Data folder, and press Enter.

(I don't have worldmap.txt anywhere in the folder. I have worldmap.dat, though).

---

(You need an Intelligence of 4 or higher to install this mod.)

---

Back