Fallout 2 weird movement issue

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by B9NJ1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. B9NJ1

B9NJ1 First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2020
    I've been experiencing this really weird movement issue I guess you could call it in Fallout 2. To give context, in fallout 1 if I wanted to run from the entrance of the The Hub all the way to exit grid that leads downtown all I would have to do is click and go. But in fallout 2 this is not the case, I can be in the middle of New Reno trying to run from Virgin Street to the exit grid that leads to 2nd Street a red X is in the middle of my Move Cursor, and sometimes says " You cannot get there" even though I'm in the middle of the open not being blocked by any objects or my companions. Not sure why this is happening.

*: The only mods I'm using is the Fallout 2 Restoration Project

Heres an imgur link to show what I mean :

2. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    Try increasing the value of NumPathNodes setting in your f2_res.ini, don't set it to max blindly, usually 2 or 3 should be enough.
    And if your Fallout 1 has a f1_res.ini, you can check if its NumPathNodes is set to more than 1.

3. B9NJ1

Mar 11, 2020
    Checked the res.ini for both F1 and F2 and both values were set to 1, tried increasing it to 2, 3, 4 and then 6 and I'm not noticing any sort of change, interesting.

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    If your games are installed under C:\Program Files in newer Windows (i.e. anything newer than XP), and both INI have UAC_AWARE=1, see if there are files with the same name under the path described in res.ini.

5. B9NJ1

Mar 11, 2020
    Yeah I found the ini file, the value 6 seems to do the trick. Thank you for the help:aiee: