fallout 3 quest help - the wasteland survival guide

shonky

First time out of the vault
Hi folks,
I'm at level 18 now, nearly finished the game i think. I'm wondering about one quest in particular though, the quest where you help moira(i think that's her name) in Megatown write a book, the survival guide to the wasteland.
Well I completed the quest, and she gave me the book, but the reviews on it were pretty bad so I am wondering if anyone knows of the effects of choosing the charismatic, intelligent, or regular answers to her questions. And seeing as I had missed a few of the option sub quests what effects they have on the main quest.

here is my book review, i mostly chose the intelligence answers, but it was a mixed.
oh, and is there a use for the book once you receive it?

Author: Moira Brown
Researcher: Shonky
This moderate guidebook contains little of use to experienced wasteland survivors, but could be considered a decent beginner's guide.
It has a handful of useful facts about survival in the wasteland, but is burdened by rambling notes about mutated creatures, and naively misinformed suggestions about rebuilding humanity.
its detailed focus helps in some areas, but is simply confusing in others especially when the content itself is questionable.

I abandoned this about halfway through and gained a perk for it... wish I had kept going through it though as it was good for finding new places early in on the game.

I am on the part to discover the true history of Rivet City. How do you get in the second half of the ship thats disconnected? I know enough to go back and turn the quest in but I want to see it through to the end.

The only door I can find takes 100 lock pick.

mrblonde2000 said:
I am on the part to discover the true history of Rivet City. How do you get in the second half of the ship thats disconnected? I know enough to go back and turn the quest in but I want to see it through to the end.

The only door I can find takes 100 lock pick.

swim

swim and dive

when you go down at the right side of the flight deck, jump into the water and dive. there you will find the door.

but take a few rad-away with you and save. its very dark down there :)

Well, just completed it. I took the Intelligence answers where I could, and completed most of the optional quests (except for the Molerat one, damn Raider had already killed half of the Molerat nest). The description of the book is much more positive than yours.

The only negative note was one about habits of mutated creatures, probably due to my failure to complete the optional part of the Molerat quest.

ahh yes that's the optional quest I forgot to complete, the true history of rivet city. I never found any clues about it at all. Who did you speak to to find out about the hull of the ship?

shonky said:
ahh yes that's the optional quest I forgot to complete, the true history of rivet city. I never found any clues about it at all. Who did you speak to to find out about the hull of the ship?
I spoke to everyone aboard the ship, they noted that some crazy lived in the broken-off bow of the ship. You can enter it through an underwater tunnel (or lockpick the door on the side, but that requires 100 lockpick if I recall correctly), fight some Mirelurks inside the ship and find the guy who actually started Rivet City.

My review for it is completely positive, noting that its intelligent way of delivering the information will make it a desirable and compelling read for a long time.

So I'm doing the Rivet City history quest and I've entered the broken bow of the ship. It is very hard to navigate due to the massive amount of water. There is a woman Victoria Wattz, I think, wondering around in there? Who the fuck is this woman and how does she breath underwater?

Pipboy2000 said:
So I'm doing the Rivet City history quest and I've entered the broken bow of the ship. It is very hard to navigate due to the massive amount of water. There is a woman Victoria Wattz, I think, wondering around in there? Who the fuck is this woman and how does she breath underwater?

Interesting, I never encountered her under there! I will have to go back and check that out.

I can't talk to her though.

Also, she just ran up and initiated conversation to me in Megaton, she's an android lover and wants me to stop looking for him.

whats really cool is if you wait afew days after submitting it you start seeing random encounters with wastelanders who have the book

the review of it determines the outcome of these conversations....id imagine if you have a shitty review that your gonna get some hostile reactions, heheh

Back