Fallout 3: Various Questions About, Most RE: Locations.

• Thread starter Thread starter qi
  • Start date Start date

qi

First time out of the vault
First of them being, "Should I just forget about this game until the modders have had a go at it?"

I mean that sincerely. I've just been stumbling about the wastes after getting to a certain point in the storyline, and I can't help but wonder whether the game might be better left unknown until the mechanics, content and glitches are tweaked into a much more enjoyable state. What do you say - could it get much more fun in, say, a year or two?

Next up, I've come across some locations that have me asking myself whether I'm missing "next steps" or clues.

Spoiler time, you little chowder-gorged rodents.

Andale: I snuck into the shed and smelt what the Rock was cookin'. I came out, was confronted, and lied my way out of a confrontation, telling the gang of budding chefs that I shared their culinary propensities. I assumed that I would then have the way cleared to my striving behind-the-scenes to bring the wrath of a vengeful god down upon the monsters, with the aid of the disapproving elderly neighbour - but so far it seems that all I have gained from this encounter were some pies. Is that really all that there is to this area? Should I just powder-burn some craniums and depart, or...?

Outpost Independence: I have spoken to the head honcho, and now have many more bullets and many less scrap metal items. Is there no way to join them, no quest that involves them? If they're just a trading post with a well-stocked basement, then I suppose I might as well start chucking grenades and scavenging goodies - but that would be a real shame, since I'd love to help them against the Bethhood of Steel.

Megaton, Exploded: Is there any point to wading into the irradiated crater I've made? Are goodies to be found therein? Maybe a Bobblehead lolorzlorlo :) :) :( :)

I recently started receiving the radio station, "Peoples' Republic of America." Will I get to be a commie? :revolution:

Finally, weapons: It SEEMS like the Hunting Rifle is more accurate than, say, the 10mm pistol. Anything bullet-based that's more accurate than the Hunting Rifle?

I thank you from the bottom of my nipples. :irked:

Well, as to your first point, the game will no doubt be improved by mods but personally I found the game to overall be enjoyable. The other thing with mods, personally, is it makes more sense to have played the game and know what you would want to see changed, rather than just hoping eventually someone gets it right. Otherwise it's still a crapshoot.

I'm fairly certain you can't join any faction, especially not the outcasts, as they obviously hate locals and prefer the more traditional, elitist brotherhood that players of the original games are more familiar with.

I think the Peoples' Republic Radio is just an easter egg, meant to be some automated prewar propaganda message, as it is fairly short and contains no hints like a location or landmark reference.

qi said:
Finally, weapons: It SEEMS like the Hunting Rifle is more accurate than, say, the 10mm pistol. Anything bullet-based that's more accurate than the Hunting Rifle?

the sniper rifle. also more powerful.

Back