Fallout Tactics mod Fallout: Crusade (1.0)

3. No, I did only what I mention, I'll start again from the beginning and see.
Oh, come on, starting again just because of this little sidequest? :) By the way, the main missions alone will give you enough XP to get to lvl 7, the maximum level is 8 (maybe it's possible to get to 9 if you pick the perk for more XP, didn't try that actually). If you miss this one, you will still have plenty of XP from other quests.

I checked and there is MYTILES folder with a lot of files, tomorrow I'll install mod on fresh instalation, maybe presence of CotA broke sth :/

Such oddities:
Congratulations on the mod releases.

Version 1.1. Such oddities:
  • When editing a started character, the portrait changes to the standard one from FT.
  • The car does not appear at locations (on the base too), but the speed of movement increases.
  • Global world map: almost all locations are duplicated.
  • Quests Description into barter (books) - blinks frequently.
  • The sleeping character is easy to rob.
  • Fort Willson - kill the "controller" at the gate (entrance fee). Left the location, returned - the hostility disappeared.
png-Icon 256*256:
crusade.png

Last edited:
When editing a started character, the portrait changes to the standard one from FT.
Yeah, the character's picture doesn't follow the naming rule to allow browsing. I thought that's a non-issue. You either want it and don't change it, or you don't want it and change it. I guess I could have done it differently.

The car does not appear at locations (on the base too), but the speed of movement increases.
That's intentional and you get noticed about it the first time you enter your base.

Global world map: almost all locations are duplicated.
This is a side effect of having a special portal map for each location that makes sure you enter that location with a tag name on your main character, which is used in many triggers. I know it's not pretty, but the world map is small anyway and it's easy to find the locations on it. Also it's a small price for what is achieved by that.

Quests Description into barter (books) - blinks frequently.
Can you be more specific? Frankly, I don't really understand what you mean.

The sleeping character is easy to rob.
As it should be. I don't think this is an issue unless you can steal something really valuable this way. Which isn't a problem in FT:C as far as I know. If you think it is, tell me a specific situation where that occurs.

Fort Willson - kill the "controller" at the gate (entrance fee). Left the location, returned - the hostility disappeared.
Maybe they thought you had enough or you scared them. On a serious note, I tried to shoot them, leave and return and they remained hostile. Anyway, I added a trigger that should make them more hostile if you do something wrong. Will be released with the next patch once I fix enough issues (nothing on my list yet).

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

Thanks you for reply.

>>>Quests Description into barter (books) - blinks frequently.
>>>Can you be more specific? Frankly, I don't really understand what you mean.
Reinstalling the mod solved the problem

There are no intro videos in the mod, created a "stub".

Installer version
  • Install FT 1.27
  • Install mod into FT folder.
  • Run from desktop or start menu shortcuts.
* FT Improver 2.0.0.2 by jarekfall.
* Hi-Res Patch 1.0 by Mash.
* HD Icon for mod.
* Added a dummy for video clips.
* Create installer.
* Rename mod folder "Crusade_Core".

Last edited:
My saves from mod (Fort Willson situation)
I tried both saves and when I shoot them and leave, they are still hostile on return. I tried it several times. Once it happened - after leaving and returning they were gray. That was when I set the difficulty to easy, but still it happened only once, so it probably didn't mean anything. Really not sure what's the matter. And I don't think it's a problem. It's just a game, not a traffic light. Play it, not cheese it :)

There are no intr videos in the mod, created a "stub". (Crusade_add)

Installer version
  • Install FT 1.27
  • Install mod into FT folder.
  • Run from desktop or start menu shortcuts.
* FT Improver 2.0.0.2 by jarekfall.
* Hi-Res Patch 1.0 by Mash.
* HD Icon for mod.
* Added a dummy for video clips.
* bos.exe with fixed sniper perk.
* Create installer.
* Rename mod folder "Crusade_Core".
Huh, you gave yourself some trouble, nice work. I can see people would appreciate easier installation (even my genius brother asked me how to do it). What's the matter with all those movies? I understand the intro, no one wants to see it for the thousandth (what's wrong with this number) time, but the other? I am not playing any of them and even if I did, they would be read from the core folder, same as with the other files like music, tiles or entities. I really like the icon though.

You're free to share it as you want, but I am not going to upload it to ModDB as an official source. Mainly because of the BOS.exe, as sharing that file is against the law. I know, sounds silly, but I really don't want to trouble myself with that stuff. Also this "keys" application looks suspicious.

Okey, bos.exe is removed.
movies - maybe create new movies? Create some screenshots, add some effects and convert to video format?
hot keys editor - simple and quick button editing. The item is optional and can be removed. Virustotal

Last edited:
Ok I found little issue in Slaver's Den
I killed all slaves with my companions (Nara and Isabel) and when I talk to Walter, he doesn't respond to any of my option. Osbert in other location says sth in case when all slots are full.

Except that, for now is really cool.

Ok I found little issue in Slaver's Den
I killed all slaves with my companions (Nara and Isabel) and when I talk to Walter, he doesn't respond to any of my option. Osbert in other location says sth in case when all slots are full.
Did you load your game while in the location prior to talking to him? If yes, leave the location and enter again, then talk to him.

Hmm I need the check my saves, if I have I'll check it, because I add him when I płace teammates in base.

Well that might be it. You encountered the bug with map load erasing player tag, so you couldn't recruit him. You went to base, returned and it worked. Because entering a map gives you the tag. This is the most common bug players encounter in the mod. I find it intriguing that it's so frequent, because in my opinion the campaign is short and easy, which means little loading.

I have couple of questions, you don't need to provide details, just simple "yes/no" is enough ;)

1. Is it possible to enter lighthouse? I see ladder but it is inactive.
2. Is it possible to find second caravan? Or it is bugged because I check whole map and I found nothing.
3. Is there somewhere battery for power armor?

When I finish mod I need to replay it, I want to solve some quests in other way :) Can't wait for another mod :D[/SPOILER]

I have couple of questions, you don't need to provide details, just simple "yes/no" is enough ;)

1. Is it possible to enter lighthouse? I see ladder but it is inactive.
2. Is it possible to find second caravan? Or it is bugged because I check whole map and I found nothing.
3. Is there somewhere battery for power armor?

When I finish mod I need to replay it, I want to solve some quests in other way :) Can't wait for another mod :D

1. No, just a scenery.
2. It is possible, but it's very hard to finish this one, because there's a high CHA check involved. I was thinking about reworking the quest a bit. Removing the check would be a great start as finding the right person isn't easy in itself.
3. There sure is, but in order to find it, you need to have Osbert in party, because no one else knows how it looks like.

Well, kind of. I merged a portal map (which usually just blinks upon entering a map and sets the player tag) with an actual map. This was my laziness, I confess. I thought it doesn't matter since there's nothing to do on that map, unless you want to trade with the leaving merchant and you really want your companion to do the trading (or if you want to kill the guards, which is pointless in my opinion). I guess I could put that on the patch list. I am also thinking about expanding the game a bit with small quests and other flavor content. Maybe I'll do the cut content in Sanctuary when I am at it. It was supposed to be one of those locations where you can do 2 - 3 side quests, but it was cut, so it's only a trade hub and a companion pickup site.

I found a bug in Vicotria

1. Bet on one of two dogs
2. If you loose "bet on second"
3. Locker appears

1. I don't know what happened, but stimpacks doesn't heal Isabel :/

Last edited:
I found a bug in Vicotria

1. Bet on one of two dogs
2. If you loose "bet on second"
3. Locker appears
Are you sure? I just checked the race and tried every combination (win and lose with both dogs) and it always ended how it was supposed to.
Or do you mean that you can change your bet during the race? Not sure I understand you. If it's the latter then I am going to fix that.

bug2
1. I don't know what happened, but stimpacks doesn't heal Isabel :/
No need to hide this in a spoiler. Isabel can't use any chemicals. It's noted in her Cyberware perk description. She can be healed only with first aid or food.

Sorry i totally forgot about it.

I bet on one dog. When race ends I bought coupon for second dog and crate appears.

Tomorrow I'll try to retest it with some older save.

1. Is it possible to open safe in Port Lavaca? I have lockpick on 146% and still get "looks difficult" message.
2. "wanted" poster on police station, is it possible to find that guy?
3. Near police there is huge building, is it possible to enter it? Maybe after beating TNC?

Sorry i totally forgot about it.

I bet on one dog. When race ends I bought coupon for second dog and crate appears.
Yeah, I already fixed that after your previous post. I am thinking whether to publish patch 1.2 with just bug fixes or if I should wait and include new content. But since I am not in a mood for modding these days, I'll probably do the former.

1. Is it possible to open safe in Port Lavaca? I have lockpick on 146% and still get "looks difficult" message.
2. "wanted" poster on police station, is it possible to find that guy?
3. Near police there is huge building, is it possible to enter it? Maybe after beating TNC?
1. Yes it is, but lockpick won't help you. You have to do something... different.
2. Yes it is
3. There was supposed to be the Texas State Institute - the place where Colin used to work. Some labs and stuff, merchant with implants (permanent stat bonuses), but it was cut. I'll maybe include it in patch 1.67 :)

Back