Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

I already spoke on this matter.. Vad's Editor fails to load SAVE.DAT from Fallout:et tu properly.

this is regardless of sfall version. I assume Fo:et tu uses sfall 4.1.9.1 (judging by ddraw.ini version description) with certain in development version fixes, however latest stable release is 4.2 .

Additionally i did a playthrough of Fo: 1.5 Resurrection with Sfall 4.2 and it all went fine more or less. Vad's editor worked fine there. I'm clueless as to why Vad's editor doesn't work for Fo:et tu , however it's not that big of a deal if one plays normal playthrough. debug or Vad's is only nessecvary for rush run where bugfix testing is required.

There are other ways one can cheat for a normal playthrough besides Vad's editor and debug menu. Char file with all 10's, Nirran's Rapid Perks, modder's pack stealcheat, carry weight cheat is actually implemented in sfall itself (a and this one is the best one, since it works for followers too). Due to a bug in glpartycontrol.int and the way it handles certain perks borrowed from player, causes NPCs to have 100% chance for insta kill on critical, 100% critical chance. 500 melee damage, and more, by just them going through combat turn cycles with ControlCombat=2 in sfall-mods.ini a few times ( nearby enemies are not nessecary for this to happen. just set certain perks to be given to NPC's go in game hit "A" and spacebar few times to end all turns. Do everything it enaugh times and boom.. excution squad with basic peashooters.

Personaly i use line below for the perk shareing:

PerksList=0,73,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,8,8,8,9,21,23,24,14,14,

as i recall from memory it stands for:
Awareness;Gecko Skinning;Bonus HtH attacks;3x Bonus HtH Damage; 2xBonus Ranged Damage; Bonus Rate of Fire; 2xBonus Move; 3xMore Criticals;Better Criticals;Slayer;Sniper;Night Vision; 2xSharpshooter.
Yor char has to get those perks itself in order for Party NPCs to benefit from them.
( Night Vision from Fo2 tweaks and Sharpshooter greatly enhances NPCs chance to hit at night time especially for those low PE and crappy gunskill).

Bonus HtH applies 2 to HtH lower fork Damage and 2 to melee damage ( uper fork only)
the bug is that certain perks get continously applied over and over agin bumping said stats to theoretical engine limitations, by simply getting NPCs their turn (regardless of whether in true combat or not). This is true for 3x Bonus HtH Damage ( uper damage fork only) 3x More criticals, Better Criticals. I haven't tested other perks that just bump stats but i assume they'd work the same way.

Actually perk shareing function is not used by most people hence why this bug is not top proprity to @NovaRain , and I kind of got used to this bug, so I actually don't mind having it XD. at least For now party NPCs are somewhat viable for the end game, as most is limited to small guns/peashooters or unarmed anyway, so before the bug they did next to no damage if hitting the target at all. And before you ask, no i don't use coilgins because EcCo has hilariuosly low ammounts of ammo for it in shops, and other classic Fallout games (1in2 and Ressurection don't have them or are not usable eigther).

EDIT:
sorry for the wall of text, i guess i just got carried away
/rant

I already spoke on this matter.. Vad's Editor fails to load SAVE.DAT from Fallout:et tu properly.

this is regardless of sfall version. I assume Fo:et tu uses sfall 4.1.9.1 (judging by ddraw.ini version description) with certain in development version fixes, however latest stable release is 4.2
Heh. That's just a comment, so we might sometimes forget about updating it (i think i'll add auto-updating it when creating release package).

If you're truly curious which sfall version is actually used, you can always check it from command prompt (if i'm not mistaken, powershell is installed by default on newer Windows versions):
Code:
powershell -command "(Get-Item ddraw.dll).VersionInfo.ProductVersion"

As of today, it returns "4.2.1" as we're using dev version whenever something interesting shows up (last time we updated was 2 days ago).

You also see the Sfall version in the bottom right corner of the main menu. :>

PS: We did a garbage day today and cleaned / updated a bazillion scripts. Even though it shouldn't, it's possible that something broke in dialog files. So if someone notices a wrong sentence, "error" or anything else weird related to dialog in the latest dev-build, it's likely because of that. If such bugs made it into the game, we'll likely won't know about it unless someone stumbles over them by accident (it's too many files to manually check).

I think there is some minor bug with the item description of the Vault Locations Holodisk. The text is in pro_item.msg, but it doesn't display in the game. Some of the holodisk descriptions got shuffled around into their own .msg files, so maybe something went wrong on this particular tape.

That's because the holodisk script is overriding the item description. If you use the binoculars on it, the text at the bottom message log is being overwritten.
The same should happen with a few other disks. Guess I'll just remove the script_overrides and it should work.

Just noticed you uploaded a fix (super fast, as always. ;)) So just to let you know: This didn't change anything for me. Still no inventory description text on the Vault Location Disk - just its weight. I did try a save where I hadn't reached the Hub yet, but not a completely new run, if that is necessary for that (?)

I'm using public beta 0.800:

After killing all 9 radscorpions in the caves (with the quest active), then visiting Shady Sands (talking with Aradesh, Razlo, Seth and Tandi), then clearing Vault 15 and going back to the caves with acquired dynamite, blowing up the weak wall there I got only a small karma gain and no xp. As far as I remember one should also get some xp points even if all the radscorpions have been killed prior to blowing up the entrance to the caves.

Also, why most of the debug options are on in F2 cfg and sfall too? Is it intended in a public release?

One bigger bug, probably from automatic doors opening and closing, is ability to enter Vault 13 right from the start. Vault door computer gives usual message about technical problems, you should have to wait at least until midnight to enter but you can just go through the heavy door right away, with animation lagging behind as you step on green area change grid. Also after entering that way some wild NPCs appear and flash on level 1, but they disappear quickly and then the rest works as normal as far as I remember. I didn't fiddle with cfgs/inis apart some resolution and the like, so it is a default mod behavior.

Hope you can understand my rusty english.

Thank you Lexx and ppl helping for a great project, keep up the good work!

Just noticed you uploaded a fix (super fast, as always. ;)) So just to let you know: This didn't change anything for me. Still no inventory description text on the Vault Location Disk - just its weight. I did try a save where I hadn't reached the Hub yet, but not a completely new run, if that is necessary for that (?)

I've just committed the raw script files - we are currently testing an auto-compile function, which should (automatically) generate *.int files in the future.

PS: One issue I found today (again) is that some critters will flee away from the player if he is using binoculars on said critter. Would be fancy if such occurrences could be reported. This happens due to differences of Fo1 <-> Fo2 scripts and is an easy fix. I just need to know where it happens.

After killing all 9 radscorpions in the caves (with the quest active), then visiting Shady Sands (talking with Aradesh, Razlo, Seth and Tandi), then clearing Vault 15 and going back to the caves with acquired dynamite, blowing up the weak wall there I got only a small karma gain and no xp. As far as I remember one should also get some xp points even if all the radscorpions have been killed prior to blowing up the entrance to the caves.

Guess I was retarded when working on that script. Fixed it.

Also, why most of the debug options are on in F2 cfg and sfall too? Is it intended in a public release?
They are mostly required. We are using "unsafe" script functions, which require Sfall's debug mode to be enabled. It shouldn't bother players much, though, as it has no effect when playing the game unless you also enable the debug mode from the fo1_settings.ini file as well.
tl;dr - If you disable the Sfall debug mode on your own, scripts will break.

I've fixed the vault 13 entrance door issue. Will be in the next batch of compiled scripts.

/Edit: The recompiled scripts are now available on the repository.

Last edited:
we are currently testing an auto-compile function, which should (automatically) generate *.int files in the future
Updated .int files are now commited daily (starts at 4AM UTC, it takes few minutes until scripts are ready) unless at least one script cannot be compiled.
In theory this shouldn't happen (heh), as during the day we get notifications if someone commits (possibly) broken script.

Last edited:
Cool stuff. Did a quick test with the Vault Locations holodisk and the item description now is displayed as it should.

I posted about it here a couple days ago.

My personal opinion on the matter is that I hate to even think about it. Besides, there isn't really much a fixing here unless we reduce the sell prices, as they are (by default) not affected by barter price formula, and instead use the pure proto price value. That's the case in Fo1 and Fo2.
I hate the mega inflation caused by most of these mods. Buying items with prices in the range of tens of thousands caps, and selling them for literal scraps is just garbage game design (I think that's how it worked in the last RP version I've played - selling for literally nothing, but everything you want to buy is insanely expensive).

Fo1 doesn't have that many ways of making big bucks. In my experience, the majority of player cash comes from selling looted weapons and armor. So I dunno, it's probably the best to somehow tweak sell prices (slashing in half with a slight barter skill modifier?) and at the same time tweaking the buying formula to not produce crazy high values (while still making a fun game that doesn't depend on horrid encounter grinding).

Now that brings me to the next point - None of these math shenanigans is any fun to me. As said before, I actually hate dealing with it. So if someone wants to propose a way that works, feels good, and keeps some of the Fo1 spirit alive, then I don't mind that person to take over the scripting of said barter mechanic part. Whatever makes it so I don't have to deal with it more than necessary.

Last edited:
I posted about it here a couple days ago.

My personal opinion on the matter is that I hate to even think about it. Besides, there isn't really much a fixing here unless we reduce the sell prices, as they are (by default) not affected by barter price formula, and instead use the pure proto price value. That's the case in Fo1 and Fo2.
I hate the mega inflation caused by most of these mods. Buying items with prices in the range of tens of thousands caps, and selling them for literal scraps is just garbage game design (I think that's how it worked in the last RP version I've played - selling for literally nothing, but everything you want to buy is insanely expensive).

Fo1 doesn't have that many ways of making big bucks. In my experience, the majority of player cash comes from selling looted weapons and armor. So I dunno, it's probably the best to somehow tweak sell prices (slashing in half with a slight barter skill modifier?) and at the same time tweaking the buying formula to not produce crazy high values (while still making a fun game that doesn't depend on horrid encounter grinding).

Now that brings me to the next point - None of these math shenanigans is any fun to me. As said before, I actually hate dealing with it. So if someone wants to propose a way that works, feels good, and keeps some of the Fo1 spirit alive, then I don't mind that person to take over the scripting of said barter mechanic part. Whatever makes it so I don't have to deal with it more than necessary.

well than now Fo1in2 has a problem.. after recent fix to barter prices I was trading with shady sands merchant and with *barter 100% and master trader perk* . A single stimpak costs 1000 caps that's the theoretical maximum the game charges as stimpack base value in Fo1 is 100 caps and Fo1 engine charged max 10x times nominal price, so something is seriously wrong in here. besides Ian starts with 50/46 HP one has to enter his char sheet to fix this. every level up Ian has fucked up HP points. I'm guessing that other NPCs have similar problem as well. Mght be due to new base protos of party NPCs beeing in data folder and that was always a big no-no in Fo2 engine.

EDIT:
-There is still something wrong with party npc protos in regards to HP display.
Ian starts with 46/46 hp when recruited instead of 50/50 hp. and goes similar path when reaching new levels. on last stage he get's 90/90, but when entering his character sheet he suddenly turns to 90/95 hp. one has to heal Ian to full hp in order to for him to be at full health after levelup. Similar crap happens to dogmeat and Tycho after they levelup. So I think this whole cleanup did a mess in regards of base hp/ extra hp. This is usually the case of hit point display issue. I assume Katja Has similar problems.

take a look:
scr00001.jpg

scr00004.jpg

-theese guys after walking of from Kenji fight, don't want to turn themselfs to properly face the camera, they do so only on next map load. other scripted scenes where critters walk to a certain place should be looked over too.
scr00003.jpg

-Only doors that recived Fo2 door scripts are the ones that are already initially locked. ( no locks on other doors ). is that ment to be?

-that shady sands merchant still sells stimpacks for 1000 caps (master trader and 110% barter). Is that meant to be ( other merchants are fine. this one might've been left out as he is a FIXT addition, he was not there in vanilla. His script is "barter.int"

Last edited:
- the hp stuff is related to the latest proto editor changes. The bug is already fixed, I'm just waiting for a new .exe file. It'll be fixed at some point in the future.

- not sure what to do with the critters not turning their default rotation after moving to the target location. This might require deeper script changes, which in this case I don't give much priority. Maybe some day or when I'm bored. My workaround for that was - as you've noticed - to turn them on map enter (in Fo1/Fixt they don't turn at all).

- only locked doors got the Fo2 script for now. This has two reasons: 1. There's a boatload of doors that would have to be edited if everything should use Fo2 code, and 2. I actually don't think every door needs all that code. The primary thing that the Fo2 script does compared to the current scripts is adding the option to lock / unlock doors. I simply assume that not every door in the gameworld has a lock, thus, you simply can't lock every door yourself (most doors are probably nothing more than old wooden boards anyway).
tl,dr - for me it's ok the way it is right now.

- Didn't realize he was Fixt addition. He has a high barter skill (70%), which probably explains the crazy price. Guess I can nerf him some.

@Lexx
Ok So I've read recent commit description about barter.
My guess is: Use barter mod from RP 2.3.3 the formulaes are already invented. All it needs is just number tweaking in barter.ini

You've said in RP2.3.3 everything bought is hilariously expensive and sold stuff for basically nothing. On the other hand I've tweaked barter.ini and made it super easy to get what i want from shops. I'm telling You it's all there in RP barter mod's barter.ini .
Yoy'd be happy to know the system not only allows dependancy of selling price by various factors but also certain single handedly picked items can be made worth more or less dependant on one's own imagination ( or roleplayed desire system ) independantly of other items beeing slod or purchased. independantly for each town.

I'm telling You No advanced math is needed to be developed ( as it's already in the mod) it's just number tweaking, and that can be done by commits and testing.

Minor thing: Killing children (at least in Shady Sandy) gives positive Karma.

what happened that you've decided to kill those buggers? Evil playthrough, or a failed steal attempt in ironmode. I mean barely anyone can pass-up those 100 BB's , that this BB gun one of shady sands children's has. LE BB Gun is sort of crippled without all the BB's found in the game, and beth doesn't have them restock in large quantities eigther.

Last edited:
Minor thing: Killing children (at least in Shady Sandy) gives positive Karma.

isDRXXp.png

Funny, looks like that's some old Fo2 bug. It's fixed in the RP, but not in the original BIS mapper sources.

what happened that you've decided to kill those buggers?
I modded the Bozar to be a big guns sniper rifle instead of a big guns machine gun and also created a new 12.7mm ammo to be used with it. For testing purposes, I placed the gun and ammo into a container in Shady Sands and had a bit of evil fun with it. :P

By the way, another question: I tried to replace the Arroyo temple maps for the special "Guardian of Forever" encounter with the temple maps from the Fo2 RP, because they are a bit prettier and (the entrance at least) better suited for a larger resolution. Couln't get the mapper to load them. What do I have to do to here?

You can't just replace the map, because the Fo2 RP proto files (scenery, items, etc) aren't in et Tu. You need to re-add all the missing scenery protos... in exactly the same order (same proto IDs). It's probably easier to add single scenery objects, then manually recreate the RP map for et Tu, or just make a completely new map.

PS: I've made a quick Dogmeat replacer today. It's a small mod that turns Dogmeat into a robodog. It's also meant to show how existing stuff can be modified and turned into a custom mod without having to override any of the fo1_base files directly in the _base folder.

Last edited:
Back