Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Question regarding the Mariposa forcefields.
What's the chance that you blow up the red ones? I know the yellow ones can be either disabled by repair or the radio, but the red ones seem to have a weird chance of being disabled. Because even with Luck 10 and putting an explosive next to them, they almost never get disabled. I know you can pass through them but I prefer to keep my companions healthy for the mutants in floor 2.

The emitters all work the same way, no matter if red or yellow. If you damage them with explosives, they are broken.

This doesn't happen for the yellow ones but for the red ones, I keep getting "you failed to deal any damage to the emitter" after constantly savescumming.
I tried putting the explosives as close to them as possible.

Probably just shitty traps skill. All emitters share the same script.

Hello, I'm having trouble setting up desired resolution for this. I'v had no problems doing it for other fallout games and mods, played several of them, i want the game to be in 1920x1080, with SCALE x2 Option.

When i install this all, it works, and it looks like this:

photo-2024-07-22-04-19-00.jpg

And i hate it! I want it to look like this:

photo-2024-07-22-04-19-16.jpg

I'm not a moron, i tried so many ways fixing it, directly ediitng ini file, using this Patch config, but whatever i do, i just get Error initializing video mode in the end:

photo-2024-07-22-04-18-48.jpg

I had NO problem setting it up in other fallout games and mods. The second screenshot is fallout 1, and i did the same thing, i compared all the configs, and i have no errors there, not in fallout, not in fallout 2. And a long time ago i did the same with some other fallout mod, cant remember the name, never had time to play it, but i'v had THIS EXACT resolution with THIS SCALE x2 Option.

And btw, 1920x1080 works, if i dont have SCALE x2 Option:

pidorassuka.jpg

But i'd rather never play this mod, then play it in such horrific resolution without scaling. So is it possible to play it in 1920x1080, with SCALE x2 Option, or did i wasted a few hours of my life?

If you're playing 1.10, try these settings:
  • in ddraw.ini: Mode=4 (default), GraphicsWidth=1920, GraphicsHeight=1080
  • in f2_res.ini: SCR_WIDTH=960, SCR_HEIGHT=540, SCALE_2X=0 (yes, keep it disabled)
And this is how it looks like in my game:
scr00000.png

Is there a way to cripple Dogmeat's limbs? I know it sounds cruel, but it's for his own good. I need to make such a savegame for debugging purposes.

I just started playing v1.10, and I noticed that Dogmeat had an issue. He broke a leg in a fight, and after that he was limping around and he wasn't even making normal dog sounds like barking or even whining. He just kept saying, "Error," every so often. It was heart breaking. He's fine now that I healed him, but for a while....
I finally have an appropriate saved game. As you can see, Dogmeat just walks around saying, "Error," over an over, the poor thing.

Hi,

first off, I must say - great mod, this is definitive way to play FO1 for me now. New additions are well balanced and integrated into the game. You can't tell what is modded or not, everything is seamless.
The only thing I didn't like were tougher enemies (should be 'off' by default imho).

I was able to finish game three times now (with different builds) during past few weeks. Some issues I've encountered (non of which are game breaking mind you):
- as posted above Dogmeat, when crippled, says 'Error' instead of correct line
- Katja's combat control settings are not saved, she resets to her default stetting after each game start (Ian and Tycho are not affected by this issue).
- in this mod Tycho is not efficient with spears as he describes in his dialog, he is efficient in unarmed when checked in combat controls
- Mr. Handy switches Gatling laser to his default minigun randomly (in spite having loads of ammo for Gatling)
- Mariposa mutant guards are not disappearing in spite of being tricked by the player (this happened to me every playthrough, I was given the XP for tricking guards with radio call, but every time I entered the base I got rocket to the face).
- is it possible to make Agatha from Shady Sands useful? Maybe after PC sit and spends time to hear her story, they are rewarded with some small amount of points in outdoorsman skill (or some other small reward)

Last edited:
- Mariposa mutant guards are not disappearing in spite of being tricked by the player (this happened to me every playthrough, I was given the XP for tricking guards with radio call, but every time I entered the base I got rocket to the face).
Only surface mutants disappear. Inside mutants are completely unaffected by it. This is vanilla game behavior.

Last edited:
Only surface mutants disappear. Inside mutants are completely unaffected by it. This is vanilla game behavior.
Alright. Next time I will try with different radio chatter, like this guy here

(04:26)

to see if 3 guards will be absent.

Too lazy to watch the whole video, but if you kill the surface mutants fast enough, it won't raise alarm inside the base. The dialog option he picked will make the surface mutants walk out of the map and has no influence on anything inside.

Last edited:

I checked it a minute ago in Fallout CE, and there were 2 Super Mutants w/ Miniguns and 1 w/ a Rocket Launcher waiting for me in the stronghold, after I cleaned the area outside the stronghold and used the radio.

It might be different in the Fixt mod, which was installed by the creator of the video you attached to your post. I recognized it by the differences in the UI.

Last edited:
Fixt is just setting the mvar as well, same as the vanilla game. You can see the code here.
Weird how the big guys by the exit, in the first floor of the stronghold had their visibility toggled or never spawned in the captured Walkthrough.

They all were there, armed to the teeth and awaiting me on the inside.

As I said, alarm is only triggered if the combat takes too long. If you kill the mutants fast enough (within 3 turns or so), the alarm won't be raised and the teams inside stay on their regular positions.

OK, this time I've chosen the same radio chatter lines as author of this video. The three mutants at the entrance were present so I was disappointed at first BUT three mutants guarding lockers with weapons and ammo at P2 (in the room where you can pick up riot shotgun) were gone. So maybe it's random.

I've found small issue. But maybe it's intentional.
I play with armor loot from enemies turned to OFF and it's working as intended EXCEPT two thugs guarding chem merchant Vance in HUB's old town.
During my penultimate playthrough only metal armor thug had his armor on his corpse. During last playthrough both thugs had their armors lootable (so I got one metal and one leather armor for free).

Back