Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

It's a Fo1 vanilla encounter.

/Edit: Actually this is an ages old addition of TeamX - the original merchant would always decline your request of traveling with him. However, the dialog options are in the vanilla game, which is likely why TeamX implemented the feature.

It became part of Fixt later, which is why it's also in et Tu. Personally I don't mind it... oh, but I fixed it, because it was semi-broken (/edit2: Actually it's semi-broken in v1.0 as well, because of a rare crash-fix I've implemented one or two days before release. Traveling with the caravans will take A LOT more time than it should. It'll be 100% fixed in v1.1).

Didn't know they would appear as far north as Shady Sands. Maybe I should add a condition to them, so the ones high up won't be able to bring you far down to the Boneyard. Though I actually don't think it bothers me that much.

Last edited:
What? The original Fallout is pure black and white morality, unless you think choosing between siding with a genetic monstrosity who wants to rule the world or killing him is some kind of grey moral choice. You should probably take advantage of the fact Et Tu is now on version 1.0 and replay Fallout 1 if you don't believe in that.

What I ment was what originally the Fallout Devs have planned.. for example in Junktown there was not sepose to be a good ending killian was ment to be a strict power hungry abide the law guy which would in turn end up as a totalitarian ruler. Later on (closer to release date) Devs decided to change it more to fit Black and White schematic but originally it was not planned to be so.

I dunno. The english folder has 648 files, the german folder has 581 files right now. :p

Thing is, I don't know which files are really used, and which ones are deprecated / old unused garbage. What I did in my first pass was to compare all dialog files to Fo1 vanilla and then copy stuff over. This is where the ~580 current files are coming from. Some vanilla files didn't exit in the Fixt build, so I assume at some point file names and scripts got changed for whatever reason. Hard to identify this stuff, though. In the end it's probably easier to play the game in german and look for anything that might still be english. This also includes playing the game with invasion timers enabled, to see the new NPC dialogues. But doing it this way means that there might be english leftover files for a long time to come, unless things get reported correctly / in time so they can be correctly translated.

@Lexx I've just finished up Hub part of quests/story no sign of Gecko Skinning perk. Is this perk by a chance only obtainable via encounter?

Extra: got some screenshos with bugs:

scr00010.jpg

Self Explanatory got leather armor after killing Tolya the raider
scr00011.jpg

After killing all the raiders but not slaves and exiting +returning to the map you loose 1 karma. Has got to do with the way Sduibek made slaves dissapear in FIXT as originally they stayed there until forever which was silly. Originally there was no karma loss ofc.
scr00012.jpg

Dude dogmeat has 47 hitpoints instead of 50 WTF? If however I'll take turns and open his char sheet he changes to 47/50 HP (CombatControl=2 ofc.)

There is one additional vanilla bug. I have no screenshot as I forgot to take one.
In Hub on the first map there are two black guys in metal armor ( they have rifles in their inventories one has a hunting rifle the other the assaault rifle) because of lack of animations in vanilla they have their weapons in backpack instead of in hands, since there was no blackguy metal armor rifle animation they ended up with rfles in backpack instead of hands. well a least that's how i see it.

Last edited:
Cool, didn't know the Hub entrance guards had these weapons. It's not just the black guy, but also the yellow pants woman with an SMG. However, the other critters in the map (white metal armor, etc) don't have the weapons drawn either, which means I'd rather keep them as they are for now. Might put them into their secondary hand, though, so they can't be stolen as easily, but dunno.

About the women in the raiders location... looks like vanilla behavior. I've added a source-check to the karma.

Don't know what's up with that stupid leather armor. Don't know why the armor destroy mod keeps failing at times. Easiest would be to just remove the mod + all armors that critters can drop and be done with this topic.

Gecko Skinning is in encounter only (desert zones). It's also quite rare.

Just completed my playthrough. Went with a Kamikaze/Fast Shot build with an emphasis on Small and Big Guns.

Forgot Miniguns chewed through ammo much more quickly in 2, so I found myself using rockets instead of the mini gun for the Master. Took several tries, but it’s doable.

I also noticed that The Master has a blind spot on the upper right corner of his arena. If you go up there he can’t shoot at you. Not sure if that’s intentional or a bug.

Either way, great job with this mod!

Hard to identify this stuff, though. In the end it's probably easier to play the game in german and look for anything that might still be english. This also includes playing the game with invasion timers enabled, to see the new NPC dialogues. But doing it this way means that there might be english leftover files for a long time to come, unless things get reported correctly / in time so they can be correctly translated.
Well, that is why I wrote soon :p
Need to check whats needed, so a lot of playtesting, because yes, that is indeed easier.
Help is appreciated (translations are in the repo) ^^"

Last edited:
Random encounter bug?

There is a rare chance I can be ambushed by Super Mutant around the brotherhood zone. I repeatedly reload and move from Junktown to Brotherhood to (re)spawn the celtic singer Special Encounter because the 1st time I miss the chance to choose the correct line. Thus I get this encounter 2 times out of 20 times, i think.

I am not sure if this is as designed, or a bug. Because out of the three ambusher there's one black SM (230 HP) who can pull out a minigun and tear me apart (metal armor).

Just a report~

I dunno. The english folder has 648 files, the german folder has 581 files right now. :p

Thing is, I don't know which files are really used, and which ones are deprecated / old unused garbage. What I did in my first pass was to compare all dialog files to Fo1 vanilla and then copy stuff over. This is where the ~580 current files are coming from. Some vanilla files didn't exit in the Fixt build, so I assume at some point file names and scripts got changed for whatever reason. Hard to identify this stuff, though. In the end it's probably easier to play the game in german and look for anything that might still be english. This also includes playing the game with invasion timers enabled, to see the new NPC dialogues. But doing it this way means that there might be english leftover files for a long time to come, unless things get reported correctly / in time so they can be correctly translated.
If only there was a system that did all that automatically, right :)?

This still requires someone to actually *know* which files are in use and which are not. I did lots of cleanup of the codebase in the beginning and deleted a huge amount of unused scripts (which made the game crash). But I only deleted the script files, not the .msg that belong to them.
So I guess one could make a list of all current scripts, then filter the .msg folder based on that and we'll know exactly which .msg can be deleted without worrying. But that would still leave a few .msg files that technically have a script, but are still unused.

But coming back to the link, yeah, I guess using this software would be a lot better. Someone else needs to do that, though, because I really don't have the time to manage another project. As a matter of fact, I'm already running out of time for this one once again - wanted to work on something completely different since January. I've postponed it because we made such great progress with releasing v1.0 suddenly turning into a realistic goal. Same happened in February... Now my plan is to lay low again once update v1.1 is out of the door, which should be in roughly 2 weeks from now.

Last edited:
Deleting extraneous files is like a 1 minute task. Although I don't think it's even a necessity.
"Someone else" would have to have access to the repo, though. So... if they decide to take advantage of the tool, they know where to find me.

Random encounter bug (?)

It's Raiders attacking a group of peasants random encounter I have on the way Cathedral to The Glow.

The three raiders are armed with one brass knuckle and a spear among them, which obviously so underarmed.

They initiate combat with one guy move toward the peasants. I shot twice and kill that one. Combat end automatically.

I move to the others, kill one, and the companions kill the others.

Bug 1: the male tell something about thanking for help and pool together 103 caps to thank etc... The floating text disappeared too fast I cant read it all.

Bug 2: And obviously the raiders faction in this RE is too passive and underarmed.

Major bug: INVASION
A temp fix for dev: leave all the invasions timer to at least 200 days, with necropolis maybe at default. Because mid-playing change those number doesnt take effect.

The invasions happen could majorly fuck up any quest you have left in the towns. Biggest change would be Boneyard

Blades/Adytum: If you leave the portion of quest Blades attack Adytum unfinished (say, prior to attack) until the timer happen. When you tell them to attack and appear at the gate of Adytum... without any Blades, the SM in town, all inhabitants dead... AND Razor disappear from downtown, and MacRae doesnt acknowledge that you lead the attack.

In fact, Boneyard is, by default, attacked too quick (90 days). So on arrival, I was barely on the brink of invasion (or already passed), that when I return the hydroponic farm part it's fine but when I attack with the Blades it already passed~

In fact of a fact, I reload to a bit earlier, prior to return the part and report to Razor.
1. Return the part, Smitty has me wait a bit so it change to 1st April. Return to Razor to start the attack. Immediately the SM invasion of Adytum. Reload
2. This time we didnt return the part yet. meet razor and call for attack: still 31st March 23h25. Appear at Adytum with the Invasion.

So I think there's big problem with loading the map. I note that when I appear at the Adytum, we dont have any Blades accompany. So can it be that the attacking Adytum script call for a different map when the Invasion happen?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what exactly the bug is. After 90 days the boneyard gets invaded - based on what you say... this works? Of course all quests are gone after that.

The invasions are a different mod, and stuff like that happens in every town if you happen to be there shortly before the invasion kicks in. Once the invasion happens, all other quest related scripts are nullified. It's just how it works.
This is exactly why these invasions are disabled by default and not many people play with them.

Okay so the warning do be put upfront and it's my fault for dabbling in deep water anyway.

A way to circumvent this mess:

I ask Razor to let me talk to Zimmerman first. And after hearing the evidence, when the regulator guard would initiate combat and kill him, I press A to enter combat mode first and kill the dirtbag right there.

A bunch and I mean a bunch of Blades warp in with hi-tech weaponry and combat armors. They finish off the street cops easily. It's super lucky that before we enter combat there are two more regulators wander into mayor house, and 3more nearby thus I can kill my own share. Because the Blades can kill them all bythemselves.

Razor appear at the end of the fight (and all the Blades disappear or I would have try some lightfinger things). The mayor do survive to the end, and just float some thank you text about son get revenged.

I reenter the Fortress to have some loot disposal with the Gunrunners.

So the SM squad invaded both Adytum and Fortress is the result of the mix between invasion script and leading Blade attack directly (I think).

Qualifier: i did some messing more with fo1_settings.ini in the invasion timer and delay all of them way back. I dont know if it did any effect here. Just saying here for reference if any one try invasion events themselves.

LOOKING BACK, Jinxed is an interesting trait to make an interesting game. From powergaming aspect, Luck2 Unarmed should have come with Heavy Handed in a more-damage-less-critical way

Note: MacRae bug

When everything over and we ask MacRae to teach, the message box say +5 unarmed and +5 melee. But my char get a +4 only

I think it's original code but you guys should think about fix it anyway.

Note: MacRae bug
When everything over and we ask MacRae to teach, the message box say +5 unarmed and +5 melee. But my char get a +4 only
I think it's original code but you guys should think about fix it anyway.
If you choose them as tagged skills, it's perfectly normal they got +4% instead of +5%. Because that's how the game engine handles the level calculation for tagged skills.

Back