Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Some Super Mutants have Hilariously low Hit Points for example nuke guards have like a bazillion stimpacks and toughest weapons in game and only 49HP. they used to have like 140.

I just checked in Fo1 and they all having 50hp seems to be correct.

I just checked in Fo1 and they all having 50hp seems to be correct.

Have You checked Fallout vanilla or Fallout FIXT?
It's been a long time since I've played vanilla (mostly because of issues with party NPCs), however I remember that in Vanilla it took waaay more than 2 shots to finish nuke guards ( so that they had a chance to fire back at me ) Right now they are mostly 1 shot cannon fodder. 1 guard at Master's vault entrance has also recently been fiddled with. Some MFC vanished from Mutant inventories ( which is good actually because player is usually swimming in ammo anyways).

I don't have a savegame from the Cathedral in my non-Fixt game. I just assumed that Sduibek would not nerf the super mutant hitpoints in Fixt.

Well, if someone can play up to that part or show me screenshots of other super mutants with high hitpoints in Fo1 that aren't in Fo1in2, I'll gladly change it. :p

The gold mine map I recently met. In one version it has no loot, no container at all. In another version, it got fire gecko, with plenty of gold nugget on the ground and other loot, with containers. I count 13 gold nuggets and 13 rocks and etc...
And the third version, giant ant, got three containers on the northern part of the mine, rich with loot (but no nuggets). Most worthy of all is Mega Power Fist, which I saw nowhere else, and P90c, "10mm carbine", the 2nd piece I can find in this game.
Definitely Good map~

Also point out that playing with Luck 10 is a great thing~

point out that playing with Luck 10 is a great thing~

Indeed as I said earlier in some other thread, Luck is not a dump stat. You can't simply drain it to minimum like charisma and expect everything will be fine. Remember there's no need to start with Lk 10 to have Lk 10 in the end Lk9 plus paying attention in game yealds Lk +1. If You're High enaugh level You'll also discover the benefits of High Luck go beyond encouters. By choosing certain combination of perks with Luck 10 You can avoid critical fails while fighting completely. even if you roll a crit fail it will be upgraded to a miss ( unless you use Jinxed). in normal Fallout playthrough it can be chosen eigther for hand to hand combat or for guns if You grind and unlock level cap you can do this for both. It is by this combination of perks that you will notice why throwing flares at enemies is lame.

Lame or not, Flare is the only viable Throwing weapon you can have in the entire game. if you cripple Flare in any way, Throwing can be considered a throwaway skill~ Even the crit hits you get from Flare is still a NOT acceptable reason to use Throwing.

As it is, even with Luck10 and a tag, Throwing is still an execrable skill. I've stopped using it once one of my combat skill get to useable level. The 121 Throwing skill plus tag? Failed investment, nothing more~

Last edited:
Throwing was always a shitty tag...if only grenades were more plentiful and cheaper, or were used more often by random encounter critters.

If we imagine grenade as a burst action, kinda similar to a MG's burst... its damage is still too weak, and because enemies rarely group together, we can rarely damage a group thus deal a higher total damage. Pulse grenade ingame has two chance to deal with a group together robot, level5 The Glow, and level3 Master's Lair. Other type? I tried to find but the opportunity is tiny. Most of the time it's 2 guys. Rarely it's 3 guys like our party bunched together. It's the same reason why Rocket Launcher is not widely in use.

throwing knives is shit because its AP cost is too high for its single-enemy damage. To make it useable, AP should be pushed down to 2 or 1, otherwise it wont worth the trouble. 3AP is still too expensive for its damage.

Flare is so so because its AP/damage ratio is so so. 1 AP is immensely versatile thus compensate somewhat for its shit damage. If we use Luck10 Finessee thus push the crit chance to 20+, we can have crit effect often enough, but the damage is still tiny (say, 0) thus we need another weapon skill to deal damage (that's why I can use 50+ Small gun skill to deal enough damage to prone enemies). If not Finessee but another trait, then the crit effect would be not enough to compensate for the shitty damage. And we use Flare because of crit effect, not because of shitty damage.

The reason Throwing can be useable somewhat in Fallout Tactic because there's enough chance to use it, specific grenade versus specific enemies. Say robot: EMP rockets is too rare, thus EMP shotgun rounds and EMP grenades come in.

Throwing can be really of use with tactic games whose element of barriers come in play. When a bunch of enemies spread out and down in the ground behind some barrier and your guns can not deal damage, the splash damage from grenades throw over can be worth it.

Or terrain destruction~ But that fall under the category of "target bunch up together" rather than barriers~

Last edited:
yeah.. I always considered thowing unusably broken. Unarmed and Melee is what i consider a startup skill for the time before you get your first decent gun. I seriously don't get it why people use it for end game. If One's so hell bent on using unarmed and melee than One should go play medieval lore based games. Future science fiction will almost always be about ranged weapons >>>>> unarmed, melee>>throwing poop at enemies. Simply put throwing is an option for starters (a.k.a *before* You get a gun) and only if your build is too lame to take on rats or radscorpions with your fists. this way You could do this with the use of a rock or throwing knife.

it simply won't work, because if You had op weapon for throwing enemy AI (if working correctly) after you throw one knife out should cause enemy to run up to it, pick it up and then throw it onto you. Now let's say you get one shotted by that weapon, after an enemy throws it back at you. evrybody would still quit such a build, simply because Lk10 burst weapons with supporting triats and perks work tons better.

I think I've got all the new 1.1 content EXCEPT for the Gecko Skinning perk.

Which is fine because by the time I get Geckos encounters, I would have enough money that the pelts would be spare changes anyway~

Regarding Throwing skill.

Indeed, if Throwing is set the same way as Unarmed/Melee and got an initial base skill around 50-60.... we can use it sometimes during the game, throwing a grenades here and there when situation permit.

As it is, the skill level is too low to use uninvested, and investing it is such a waste.

The F1 treatment for Unarmed Melee make them useable for a one or three levels before they invest enough in other combat skill. Or hell, until 5-6th level if that player decide to delay investing Small Gun until they get access The Hub's stock of books. Which is a healthy chunk of content.

Hey how can i find a thrid power armor and can you please add other weapons from Fallout 2?

All Power Armors In Fallout Et Tu are found in Brotherhood of Steel bunker.
first two are kind of easy, since you get one from knights on 3rd level (you just need to bluff supply guy {Michael} that requisition form will arrive later that day.
Second Power Armor is a reward from Talus for completing rescue initiate quest ( decent level and some karma needed).
Third and Fourth Power Armors are reserved only for powergamers or cheaters since You need 200% Sneak *and* 200% Lockpick, whille sneaking to open BoS Armory doors (stealth boy helps here). Besides tons of loot, additional 2 Power Armors are in the crates somwhere there.

I was proposing that the devs could implement an alternative way to get those 2 armors (perhaps traading) as not evryone is a power gamer, and cowboy aproch all but requires 4 Hardned Power Armors, for player's crew to survive. Less to the player, but weaksause companions really need HPA's it when facing supermutants.

Hey how can i find a thrid power armor and can you please add other weapons from Fallout 2?
I did a list on page 21.

Sneak I always tag, but 200 Lockpick mean 180 + (e)Lockpick, still means another Tag, as I dont think there's enough spare SP to raise to 180.

Based on my three games, I can tag Lockpick and squeeze enough to get Lockpick to 180. Barely. Squeeze a bit in combat skill (non-SMG). Possibly Gifted build is right the eff out because the minus skill overall to start, and less SP each level. Also get Tag perk later instead of tag it from start~

Last edited:
@Lexx, I recommend you change Jacob/Jake in the Hub to have a Zip gun for sale with greater chance to spawn.

That way Energy tag player will have weapon earlier than Necropolis (plasma pistol) or Boneyard's gang hunting (rare Zip Gun) a bit

(Big Gun player would have flamer for free in Boneyard so they dont need any balancing like that)

https://nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-et-tu-release-v1-1.218045/page-21#post-4361754
Sneak I always tag, but 200 Lockpick mean 180 + (e)Lockpick, still means another Tag, as I dont think there's enough spare SP to raise to 180.

Based on my three games, I can tag Lockpick and squeeze enough to get Lockpick to 180. Barely. Squeeze a bit in combat skill (non-SMG). Possibly Gifted build is right the eff out because the minus skill overall to start, and less SP each level. Also get Tag perk later instead of tag it from start~

Don't take the 200% as a minimum requiremet. I said this as I never aproch those armory doors with less ( I bring level cap to 99 in sfall settings).
I think the best thing to do is actually tag Lockpick and beef it up to 200%. Sneak is utilised better with a stealth boy anyway. So based on what @NovaRain explained somwhere 'probably' on this forum (or perhaps on Resurrection forum). sneak above 125% *and* a an active stelath boy in active item slot halve npc sensing distance. the trick to open the doors is to do it on the first try (you will get noticed anyway) although if lock is disabled you can just waltz inside and loot to your heat's content, nobody shoud mind (althoug i always use sneak even when inside just in case).

Originally cracking this lock peacefully was not possible, however I persuaded Sduibek to make it possible peacefully in FIXT.

I sencerly hope that Lexx won't destroy this, and if ever, then at least He could provide a way for player to purchase stuff from the armory, including 'cough'.. Power Armors ..'cough'.
(BoS trades with caravans anyway, Caravans simply eigther don't bring enaugh food to purchase out the high end stuff, or simply they realize nobody in Hub will have enaugh caps to buy the high end stuff that Caravans could buy from BoS, so instead Caravans purchase lower grade equipment which 'Hubbers' can afford).

Limit hitech stuff like Power Armor is in line with Brotherhood of Steel's philosophy. They also make their living from their monopoly, so it's understandable.
Still, if TWO suits are purchasable reward for finishing either Mariposa OR Cathedral... would be logical. Say, 20000 each, in dialog mode instead of Barter screen . The reward is the right to purchase them. That would be better than nothing, which is the current state.

Limit hitech stuff like Power Armor is in line with Brotherhood of Steel's philosophy. They also make their living from their monopoly, so it's understandable.
Still, if TWO suits are purchasable reward for finishing either Mariposa OR Cathedral... would be logical. Say, 20000 each, in dialog mode instead of Barter screen . The reward is the right to purchase them. That would be better than nothing, which is the current state.

I rather thought of a satellite quest to wipe out jackals and vipers (two remaining raider gangs). One of those gangs was sepose to be highly armed ( i mean combat armors and miniguns highly armed). Wiping those out should give acces to barter with the armory inventories. *no* caps Brotherhood has no use for them anyways. It would be good to unload all this junk somwhere that player carries around since beginning of the game.

Back