Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Hope was my addition. I didn't had the time to get to her yet, though, because other stuff had a higher priority. Pretty sure I'll get back to it some day, it's just a matter of when.

I'm not planning on doing any of the other content restoration / imagining of how it would have been done. I doubt you will have to watch out for compatibility, though, as Fallout mods usually aren't very compatible to each other anyway.

Well Fallout et tu is the base for someone modding F1 in F2, so I need to watch out the compatibility of what I do with your possible updates if I must release in the form of a new submod to put in the mods folder. Or can I refolder the current version into my modding base, without submodding ?

Technically you can do whatever you want. Nobody will enforce you only doing submods. :p

Are new updates planned, or is this version the final one?

Mod is feature-complete since v1.1, and there's not much to do with it honestly. We'll most likely go back to it from time to time to get rid of found bugs / add some minor/fancy stuff / tweak a bit if something interesting shows up in (sfall magic, new/updated appearances, etc.).

But general rule is to not add bloat happily - we wasted too much time on cleaning out fixt additions to make same mistake ourselves - and not everything can be put into optional mini-mods. FO1@2 is a mix of "remaster" and "remake" but focus more on a first part, giving a base for expansion to other modders if they want to some day.

An idea for modder: The Shady Sands trader

Currently he's a little general store trader.

But if you add 20 flare to his inventory on every restock, that means the Throwing player will have some viable way to play. Not great, but at least viable. You still have to pay for it, and each map loading you still lose the lit flares. But at least Thrower is barely viable.

But if you add 20 flare to his inventory on every restock, that means the Throwing player will have some viable way to play. Not great, but at least viable. You still have to pay for it, and each map loading you still lose the lit flares. But at least Thrower is barely viable.

Seem good. If you have more ideas regarding not so viable character build, I will look at them. No promises, but if they are quick to do like this one, and don't break balance of course, I will put them in my kitchen, so to speak.
I rarely played with completely 'bad' builds so, if I would like to redeem them a bit, I don't have time to come up with good ideas about them.

Currently Super Sledge is competing with Power Armor in a quest reward (rescue initiate) and making it the most expensive/unique weapon ever if the shops dont spawn it. Which in a Luck2 (Gifted) game it doesnt spawn at all. I got three runs to prove it.

So in the interest of keeping Super Sledge rare and valuable. You could make it a reward from BoS Elder. The one in the conference room who give you the (not)quest to talk to Maxson to find out what his plan, go to scout the northern MB, then return and talk to him FIRST before talking to Maxson to report. Then when you convince the Elders in the conference afterward about preemptive strike on MB and they send you a trio of crack paladins on that base.
---The Elder will reward you by authorize supply clerk Michael to give you a Super Sledge at that time.
--- The reason is that when player deign to play politic in BoS, at the very least a reward is expected. As the current situation stand there's absolutely no reason to play brownnose to a BoS elder. Which is silly if you think about it.
--- I expect the work would be modify that Elder's dialog (at the decision to send crack troop to support attack) to allow Michael to issue player

Last edited:
Hm, why not, I haven't started anything on BOS yet, maybe I will do that, or make Michael issue a super sledge in a other quest. Will keep it in mind.

Currently Super Sledge is competing with Power Armor in a quest reward (rescue initiate) and making it the most expensive/unique weapon ever if the shops dont spawn it. Which in a Luck2 (Gifted) game it doesnt spawn at all. I got three runs to prove it.

Again, this is not based on luck ......

I have already added the alternative BOS item rewards, it's just not in a public release yet. See here.

I dont know if the F1 shops ever sell Super Sledge.

I just know they dont ever sell one in my games. 3 different characters.

And the common factor is Luck2.

Tiny mod for F1n2: Zip gun in Jacob/Jake shop.

The zip gun in F1n2 is a basic energy pistol, available in random encounter in Boneyard which is a bit too late for it. And if you get there early to farm for it, the area is scarily dangerous for a low level party.

So if you put it in Jacob/Jake shop, Energy tag player can have something to play with earlier than going to Necropolis. And it's weak enough it's not balance breaker to arrange for it there.

Even put it in Junktown or Shady Sands would not be balance breaking but I have no good storyfag idea why it would be in those locations. Jacob is a high class weapon dealer so he has it in sale is a good idea.

I just know they dont ever sell one in my games. 3 different characters.

And the common factor is Luck2.
Because they don't ..... and this has nothing to do with luck, no matter how hard you try it to be like that.

So...Why are FO2 companion restrictions enabled by default? Kinda ruins the whole point of ideal builds if you arbitrarily lock out companions behind a CHA wall that never existed in the first place.

I guess the various changes make companions more competent so it's a balancing choice?

Why is the vehicle enabled by default?
Why is the Fo2-styled merchant restocking enabled by default?
Why are satellite quest locations enabled by default?
Why are Geckos, etc enabled by default?
Why are cavern maps enabled by default?
Why do doors close automatically?
Why critters don't drop armors?

Answer: Because I like it that way and vanilla Fo1 is unbalanced and broken as fuck. Besides, as said in the initial post, we didn't even try to make a 1:1 Fo1.

If you don't like something, just disable it in the mod settings.

I always find it funny that people download a mod, play it, and then complain why is it different from the original...

Re-installed and started to play Fallout after many many years. Needless to say, I was elated to find out about this fantastic mod. My congratulations to you guys!

I have two simple questions, answers to which may be self-evident to the tech-savvy crowd. Sadly, I do not belong to this group :(

1. Since Fallout 1 is now run in Fallout 2 engine, does that mean that ammo modifiers finally work as intended?
2. Does Charisma stat now impact the number of companions you can recruit?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. I read a lot of this thread, but not all of it.

Cheers!

1, Ammo is on Glovz's Damage Fix by default I think. You can tweak it in the ddraw ini if you prefer fallout 2 default. Yes, in short.
2, By default yes, but you can tweak it in the config folder, fo1_settings ini.
; Enable party member requirements (Fo2-style)?
GVAR_ENABLE_FO2_PARTY_LIMIT=

edit, if you change these kind of settings, you should restart a new game.

Last edited:
Back