Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You can disable that in the /config/fo1_settings.ini file. Set GVAR_NECROPOLIS_INVASION_DAYS and GVAR_VAULT_13_INVASION_DAYS to 0 or any other number you want.

You can disable that in the /config/fo1_settings.ini file. Set GVAR_NECROPOLIS_INVASION_DAYS and GVAR_VAULT_13_INVASION_DAYS to 0 or any other number you want.
Thank you so much. One last question, does your mod containt content from fixt? Such as cut followers of the apocalypse ending

hey guys ! sorry if i distributed you with my question but any plants to add new thinks in the next update like other weapons other quests ex.. ?

At this point, this mod needs fixes; not new content. In my opinion.
Thank you so much. One last question, does your mod containt content from fixt? Such as cut followers of the apocalypse ending
Yes, there are Fixt danglers hanging around in this mod unfortunately.

What must be fixed?
Do you want my mid-playthrough notes or all of them once I am done? Do you prefer GIT issue tracker or a post here in the forums?

edit: the way I am communicating probably comes across as excessively negative. What you and your team have accomplished is impressive, but I think the impact is lessened by not *starting* with as close to a 1:1 replication of Fallout 1 as possible, and building on top of that. I understand that 1:1 has already been stated as not the goal, so my feedback isn't targeted to replicate FO1.. I just think it's a shame that "pure" Fallout 1 wasn't the foundation upon which optional additions were built.

The bugs mostly involve dialogue options and replies at this point. Saul, guard outside BoS, and some issues with the Skum Pitt / Sharkz (scripting, not dialogue per-se).

Git of course. Just drop them whenever you find stuff.

/Edit: Sounds like you mean Fo1 issues and not bugs caused by et tu itself. It's not very likely that I will ever touch this, unless it is just small stuff to fix. Example - I'm not going to do big dialog rewrites for quest consistency or whatever.

Other than that, et tu with all optionals disabled is much closer to Fo1 than Fixt. Except for the Shady Sands merchant I can't even think of "big" differences right now.

Last edited:
Git of course. Just drop them whenever you find stuff.

/Edit: Sounds like you mean Fo1 issues and not bugs caused by et tu itself. It's not very likely that I will ever touch this, unless it is just small stuff to fix. Example - I'm not going to do big dialog rewrites for quest consistency or whatever.

Other than that, et tu with all optionals disabled is much closer to Fo1 than Fixt. Except for the Shady Sands merchant I can't even think of "big" differences right now.
Than Fixt, yes, but that's a low bar. TeamX 1.3.5 is the gold standard.

I believe the dialogue bugs I referenced are either fixt or et tu, they weren't there in my teamX playthrough. I don't mean issues with dialogue as that recent poster mentioned, i.e. inconsistent responses after completing certain events, which was always present in the vanilla game.

Well, the TeamX patch is included. We'll see later, I guess.

The reason why we aren't going for 1:1 Fo1 is because it makes no fucking sense. Might as well just play the original with one of the russian Sfall versions then.

Hey Lexx, I just wanted to say that I really like the additional random encounters that you've added. I just got the radscorps hunting molerats outside necropolis. A little after that, I got "a radscorp surprises you" and it had a cave opening on the cliff side. I went into the cave and was very impressed with the repurposed wannamingo map (I think?). I like that you added the discarded BoS crates, and it was a nice balance of tedium (fighting the rats) vs the low-tier loot in the crates. I also saw the additional ladder up and out of the map, and thought "oh, this is probably going to not lead anywhere or crash the game", as if it was an accidental left-over from re-purposing the map. Nope, it worked and lead to a new flat map with some critters. Very impressive!

Two questions though:

1. I have ~45ish outdoor, and have gotten a lot of random encounters and not once have I been asked if I want to engage in it or not. Do all these new encounters still have an outdoorman checks?
  2. I think I read that you and the team who developed the mod are involved with FOnline 2238? I played that a bit 10 years ago, and loved some of the difficult encounters, especially down near Boneyard. Have any of those encounters been added to this mod? How difficult would it to be to add them, if not?

Thanks. The cavern update is quite random (no luck involved), and there are a few special "events" / themes to change up the generic every once in a while. If random is with you, there's some nice loot to find.

1. Outdoorsman has an effect on the frequency of encounters, but that's pretty much it. I'm not sure why the ambush-check isn't working, but I suspect it is because of the way we have setup our worldmap / encounter system (it's 90% in script, unless Fo2 stuff that is 100% read from worldmap.txt).
I stopped trying to fix this, because the "do you want to encounter yes/no" messages don't appear in Fo1 either, so it's fine with me. HOWEVER, interestingly this message box does appear when using the car. I have no idea why that is.

2. The FOnline engine is a completely different beast with a different encounter system behind the scenes. As our encounter system is in scripts, it is easy to add new groups, but it's not as easy as adding new stuff to the vanilla Fo2 encounters (editing the worldmap.txt is easier than fiddling with multiple scripts, big surprise).
Me personally, it's not very likely that I am going to add new encounters, but it's not impossible and could happen in the future.

Interesting. By car, I assume you mean the motorcycle?

For the vanilla and new Fallout 1 encounters, any reason you didn't use the worldmap.txt? Scripts offer more flexibility?

The bike is the "car", yes.

It was easier and faster to use the original Fo1 encounter scripts with a custom loader than trying to recreate every encounter with the Fo2 system (you can't just port it over, you have to manually recreate every single encounter and assign it to the correct zones, etc).

Mechanic-wise it would have been better to adapt everything to the Fo2 system, but I wanted it to feel and look exactly like in Fo1.

Besides, it's unlikely that someone else will use our system / change it up or whatever, so I don't care that the scripts look ugly as hell. I can work with it, and that's all I need. :>

/Edit: But yes, at the end of the day, our scripted version allowed a super easy integration of the cave system. I have 100% control over it now, while with the Fo2 system it would have been harder to deal with.
We can also do stuff like radiation on the worldmap, etc. with it without much trouble.

Last edited:
After I'm done with this playthrough and get my bugs posted to GIT, I'd be interested in working with you to add more encounters.

Lexx or anyone else-

I'm porting my Fallout 1 tweaks to this mod, and I'm setup in "\mods\agrisTweaks" with "art\items" and "proto\items" folders. I've updated ddraw.ini and ddraw.fo1in2.ini with PatchFile8=mods\agrisTweaks, and my .pro item stat changes are working in game.

BUT, in my mod's "art\items" folder, I've added some FOT ground frms converted for use in Fallout 1/2 that I want to assign to items. So, I copied ITEMS.LST out of "mods\fo1_base\art\items", appended the file with my new FRMs, and saved it in "\mods\agrisTweaks\art\items". Then I used ProtoManager to edit the items and assign the new ground FRMs, which I can select without issue in ProtoManager but do not appear correct in-game.

I'm guessing that 1) the ITEMS.LST in "mods\fo1_base\art\items" is not the file I should be copying to append my FRMs onto, or 2) the way I hacked ProtoManager so that I could (I believed) accurately edit items in Fallout1in2 isn't correct.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

edit: this is how I configure Proto Manager

I setup Proto Manager to edit items in Fallout1in2 the following way:

1. I have installed Fallout1in2 and confirmed that it works, launches, everything.
2. Within Fallout1in2, I have created a folder called "_dev"
3. I have copied the "Fallout1in2\data" folder and the "mods" folder to "_dev", and created a "_working" folder within "_dev\mods"
4. I extracted critter.dat, master.dat and patch000.dat, from a fresh Fallout 2 install, into "_dev\[DATFILENAME].dat" folders
5. I copy the contents of "Fallout1in2\mods" folders "fo1_base", "fo1_interface", "fo1_classic_worldmap", and "Anim_ImprovedSMutantDeath", in that order (the order they are activated in ddraw.ini) into "_dev\data", overriding files when asked.

Then I configure Proto Manager v1.1.6 like such:

Code:
[Path]
CommonPath=G:\games\Fallout 2\Fallout1in2\_dev
ModPath=G:\games\Fallout 2\Fallout1in2\_dev\mods\_working
HexPath=

[Option]
ReadOnly=True
MsgWIN=True
MsgLC=False
ClearCache=True
ClearArtCache=False
Background=True
HoverSelect=True

[Size]
SplitSize=866
ColumnIt=125,78,60,30,0
ColumnCr=130,78,30,65,0

That method works for me, and my new ground FRMs for existing items are shown correctly in PM. Yet, I get incorrect ground FRMs in-game. For example, the 223 pistol is using the generic weapon crate/box ground frm. It's as if the pointer in the proto file pointing to the new line in ITEMS.LST is wrapping past the end of whatever file is being loaded by Fallout1in2, and pulling FRM names from the start of file.

Attached is my modified ITEMS.LST from "\mods\agrisTweaks\art\items". The fo1in2 items list I built this upon ends on line 195, with vsuit.frm. Note that I only added ".txt" so that I could upload them directly to the forum.

Attachments

Last edited:
Are you really sure the edited .pro files are in your "agrisTweaks"-folder? If the files show correctly in the Proto Manager, that means they are correct - but if the game isn't reading them, that means they are probably overwritten by something else when the mods are loading.

Are you really sure the edited .pro files are in your "agrisTweaks"-folder? If the files show correctly in the Proto Manager, that means they are correct - but if the game isn't reading them, that means they are probably overwritten by something else when the mods are loading.
Positive, as I say the stat changes show up in-game and the ground FRM is changed - but the proto is clearly referencing the wrong line in ITEMS.LST, which means the ITEMS.LST from "mods\fo1_base\art\items" is not the file to which I should append the new ground frm names. That, or sfall isn't handling multiple mods with ITEM.LST in them.

You might need to check if there's another items.lst in your <Game>\Data\art\items (not under the "mods\" subfolder).

You might need to check if there's another items.lst in your <Game>\Data\art\items (not under the "mods\" subfolder).
There isn't, which is why this is so confusing. I haven't checked each item, just the ones my character has in their inventory (or the NPCs), but the ripper (proto 116) actually has the correct FOT ground tile, while (for example) the 223 pistol uses the tribal bookcase. I would expect that if my updated items.lst were wrong, none of the ground tiles would work.

I've confirmed that these FRMs / proto edits work in Fallout 1 btw. For all the weapons.

See attached for the mod and a saved game if anyone wants to help me with this.

edit: to be clear, I am *not* using the Fallout 1 .pro files. I edited the Fallout1in2 protos to change stats / ground frm. When I say this worked in Fallout 1, I mean the same edits to the pros using the same FRMs and appending those new FRM names to the items.lst file.

edit2: could the fact that I have extracted the fallout 2 .dats into folders within the fallout 2 directory, and deleted the .dats themselves be contributing to this in any way? I can't imagine why, but I know the Fallout2.cfg file in Fallout1in2 points to those directories

Code:
critter_dat=..\critter.dat
master_dat=..\master.dat
master_patches=data

This is how I am enabling my mod:

ddraw.ini
Code:
PatchFile0=mods\fo1_base
PatchFile1=mods\fo1_interface
PatchFile2=mods\fo1_classic_worldmap
;PatchFile3=mods\fo1_barter_formula
PatchFile4=mods\fo1_robodog
;PatchFile5=mods\InterfaceUpscaled
PatchFile6=mods\Anim_ImprovedSMutantDeath
;PatchFile7=mods\fo1_german
PatchFile8=mods\agrisTweaks

ddraw.fo1in2.ini
Code:
[ExtraPatches]
PatchFile0=mods\fo1_base
PatchFile1=mods\fo1_interface
PatchFile2=mods\fo1_classic_worldmap
;PatchFile3=mods\fo1_barter_formula
PatchFile4=mods\fo1_robodog
;PatchFile5=mods\InterfaceUpscaled
PatchFile6=mods\Anim_ImprovedSMutantDeath
;PatchFile7=mods\fo1_german
PatchFile8=mods\agrisTweaks

Attachments

Last edited:
After looking at it, I'm blindly assuming you did not start a new game when testing this, because for me it works ... except in your savegame.

Did you pick up the non-working weapons before or after you made the mod? Proto stuff is written into the savegame, which explains why it doesn't work.

Back