Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

So you're saying it works exactly as it is right now?

@Lexx
Thing is, i had no idea on how You've set it to work from now on. So i just stated how it worked in vanilla, as You've said somwhere You were not sure how it worked in the vanilla.

the second timer does not reduce the time of the first to 30 days from beginning of the game but instead adds another timer of 30 days from the momnet harry&co get wiped. the only time this timer is shorter is if 110 days from begining of the game came sooner than 30 day second limit.

On a side note..
Have You considered migrating sfall to sfall eXtended by Mr.Stalin?

I'm asking because his releases contain few upgrades to ai behaviour plus toparty NPC behaviour.

I remember the extra setting in sfall-mods.ini (for sfall extended) where it enabled party npc to use skills instead of player if npc had said skill higher than player. this potentially would open the game to play without investing so much in locpick, as Katja would do the work for us. not just on 3 doors she is scripted to open but all doors. besides it has many other little tweaks.

Also ddraw.ini for Fallout et tu is missing some lines from most recent updates. for example:

-no global shader line that is possible to be enabled with sfall graphic mode 4 and 5.
-no line for "body hit torso" as it was separated back few releases ago. i use this to give bonus cth for targeted torso shot ( mainly for party npcs in ControlCombat=2, as sometimes during the night their skill is meh so i take targeted shots to the torso with them then )

the second timer does not reduce the time of the first to 30 days from beginning of the game but instead adds another timer of 30 days from the momnet harry&co get wiped. the only time this timer is shorter is if 110 days from begining of the game came sooner than 30 day second limit.

It's just setting the days to 30 if you have > 30 days left on the counter. I don't know why Fixt(?) would add yet another timer. Seems redundant.

Have You considered migrating sfall to sfall eXtended by Mr.Stalin?
Nope.
You can just replace the ddraw.dll file and it'll work. We spend a lot time on making et Tu work with any Sfall version, so folks can use whatever floats their boat.
Usually @NovaRain takes over fixes, etc. to the main Sfall branch. I guess the stuff you mentioned will be / are in Sfall at some point.

It's just setting the days to 30 if you have > 30 days left on the counter. I don't know why Fixt(?) would add yet another timer. Seems redundant.

It's not Fixt that made second separate timer but interplay :p

Fixt just added an ability to turn of both.

At least I consider them to be separate timers since disabling the 110 days timer would not prevent necropolis bad ending if One finishes the game 30 days after killing Harry&Co. *even* with invasions off it would still trigger necropolis razed by mutants ending

So I just checked the vanilla scripts and no, Fo1 does not have 2 timers. Once all mutants at the watershed have been killed, the invasion timer is set to 1 month (30 days). It actually always sets it to 30 days, even if you have < 30 days left on the clock. So like written above, I would consider this a bug and thus I'm quite happy with how it works right now.

I've also looked at the Fixt code and ... I honestly don't understand it. Looks like it adds +30 days to your remaining time once the mutants have been killed. Thus, it actually increases the time you have left. However, I did not dive deep into it right now ... might be that the days are just calculated in a different way, who knows.

*even* with invasions off it would still trigger necropolis razed by mutants ending
I already fixed this for the next patch.

I think you could argue that if you kill all the mutants at necropolis, then it takes a while for more to get there and kill everyone. So if you kill the mutants, you hold off the invasion if it was about to happen, but you also provoke a response if the invasion was far away. Thus setting the timer to 30 no matter what might make sense.

I don't have a problem with changing it though.

@Lexx

I'm sort of hesitant to speak of something, because i don't know what will You do about it once you know. But i will anyway.

You've probably realized by now there's a peacefull way of breaking into the BoS Armory?
You do realize this is a Fixt addition, and that it wasn't possible in the vanilla?

I'm saying this, not because I'd want it gone. On the contrary, those extra 2 PA are mandatory for party NPC to survive (hence why unlimited HPA upgrade is possible). All I would dream of is to implement it differently. Lockpicking a door, next to two heavily armed guards without them spotting you seemes somewhat impossible, but that's what Fixt is trying to imply on us.

I'm asking simply wouldn't it be possible to be implemented differently.
For example:
While still at the Glow One could examine dead palladin's pipboy for armory acces codes, and after that be able to use it on the console next to the Brotherhood Armory in BoS Bunker. Only players wearing power armor or hardened power armor,and while beeing unarmed at the same time could enter, to disguise themselves as a palladin (otherwise the guards would attack). Same would apply to any party member. So if you already posess more than one set of such armor any party member wearing such armor and while beeing unarmed at the same time, could enter together with the player without alerting the BoS. One could bluff the guard with false intention of willing to store loot gathered on patrol inside the armory. This also prohibits any dogs and robots in party from entering ( they would have to wait outside the bunker not to raise suspitions), as none BoS members does have any dogs or robots.

Once inside one could loot as much as he/she (and their powerarmored party) can carry (which is not much considering how much loot brotherhood armory has).

Last edited:
You've probably realized by now there's a peacefull way of breaking into the BoS Armory?
No I don't.
I just checked the door script ... looks like all Fixt did was to add in a stealth check with a -50 modifier and making it possible to blow up the door. Now I understand why the explosion thing felt so weird (never is there a place in either Fo1 or 2 where you need *2* explosives to open stuff).

This would be a pretty big change and more of an addon. It also needs new dialog. It's not a bad idea, but nothing I can or want to do anytime soon. I simply do not have the time for this (v1.2 was only released now because it just took a few hours to prepare).

@Lexx
Are You sure You've checked the script throughly?
I am certain Fixt also enables to lockpick the door with sufficient skill *and* without enraging the BoS (while sneaking with sufficient sneak skill). At least I did this on many ocasions.

In vanilla guards prevented lockpicking armory door and only issued the warning once.

In fixt almost everything is the same with a tiny exception: if you succed skill check you can open the door on first attempt (guards issue a warning as well, but it is possible to open the door) If you fail the first attempt guards issue warning and any consecutive attempt causes BoS enrage. After that ( if You succed on first attempt) the door stay permanenty open, so you don't enrage the guards while using them agin to open them. Even npc inside the armory attack if you approch them without sneak and initiate conversation, which is totally awkward.

as for the 'no time' for fiddling with this , I guess I'll just have to wait untill You have enaug time to implement it, just hope You don't forget about the issue.

Agin I really don't want the armory access gone completely, I just want it to be implemented properly.

This stuff is actually so much to add it could be added to pipboy as a separate quest in Brotherhood.

Lockpicking the door is already in vanilla Fo1. It's just that the guards will always spot you, because there is a tamper check but no stealth check. That means, you only gain entrance to the armory if you wipe out the BoS.

In fixt almost everything is the same with a tiny exception: if you succed skill check you can open the door on first attempt (guards issue a warning as well, but it is possible to open the door)
Just another Fixt bug.

Lockpicking the door is already in vanilla Fo1. It's just that the guards will always spot you, because there is a tamper check but no stealth check. That means, you only gain entrance to the armory if you wipe out the BoS.

Just another Fixt bug.

Uhh.. I assume You didn't fixed it?
because otherwise it would be impossible to get the extra 2 PA without pissing off the Brotherhood, which would ruin my further playthroughs...

Could you at least hold off on fixing this bug until you find time to implement that peacefull armory acces we've spoken about earlier?

@Lexx
Did You know that there are stuff missing from Fallout et tu ddraw.ini when compared to latest 4.2.5.1 ?

for example the line about setting a global shader, and also the FIXT's global shader file. The game looks tons better with that shader file. global.fx was discussed internally in FIXT's thread during it's active development time.

Someone managed to make a global shader specifically for fallout games, and it looks amazing (at least to me), however i had to manually copy paste the file from FIXT install, plus get the line from sfall v4.2.5 ddraw.ini .

there's other stuff missing in ddraw.ini too. so it *might* be a good idea so that one of dev guys have a comparative look at those ddraw.ini flies.

I just updated the ddraw.ini but as far as I can tell, nothing important is new.

Don't know about any global shader. If it was made for Fixt, I don't even know if it would work with Fo2.

then check this out. i use it for all classic fallout titles. don't remember which title it came with actually or who developed it, but i think it works.

just put it in: Fallout\data\shaders\global.fx and un ";" the global shader line in ddraw.ini

Attachments

I'm certain it works however it requires default monitor screen resolution, and 2x upscale to be disabled.
it blends slightly the edges of pixels so that the game is not as pixelated and instead forms pleasurable image quality.
The difference is marginal but visible (you'd have to plow thorugh *whole* FIXT thread to find info about it).

I use it together with forced adaptive 8xAA and 16xAF + morpholigical filtering set for Fallout2.exe in my graphic driver settings.

It doesn't hurt to add this to the repo, but You'll do as You see fit :p

take a closer eye to ddraw.ini as now some entrances are doubled.

Thanks for pointing out *which* entries are duplicated...

Thanks for pointing out *which* entries are duplicated...

Sorry... my bad.
I must have fucked up something with svn update during updating. anyway deleted my ddraw.ini and downloaded agin and everything is fine now. no duplicate entries.

Hi!

Just downloaded the latest release yesterday and fired it up, it's definitely now my go to version of Fallout 1.

One quick question since I'm not sure of this was tweaked or not, were any of the chems or consumables like beer tweaked in any way or are they all still default?

Fixt tweaked the stats, but I reverted them back to how they are in vanilla Fo1.

Back