Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Why the heck are you spreading around top secret trick like that? No one answer you, innit? Stop!

And it's not that overpowered because you dont have that much beer/booze (8 each time to be safe, or one of these days you are going to get caught, turn shopkeeper hostile). Shops are rare so its' a terrifying risk. And another side of it is: You can do it to Killian a few times before you are tired of disposing the loots from his store (taking a trek to Hub or Boneyard)

As for the teleporting caps into safe... it's not so much bug as an unwanted feature. Nobody care about getting to those safes the second time. 1st time is a big bother already.

The booze issue is the same for pretty much any NPC in the game. There are two options here:
1. ignore it and imagine it as a feature for creative players, or
2. add a check to prevent using drugs on any critter that isn't the player or a party member.

The later would be quite a big change in gameplay. I'm not a fan of blocking just single critters from this mechanic, because it's artificial and doesn't solve the underlying issue (that players can freely use drugs on NPCs).

The booze issue is the same for pretty much any NPC in the game. There are two options here:
1. ignore it and imagine it as a feature for creative players, or
2. add a check to prevent using drugs on any critter that isn't the player or a party member.

The later would be quite a big change in gameplay. I'm not a fan of blocking just single critters from this mechanic, because it's artificial and doesn't solve the underlying issue (that players can freely use drugs on NPCs).

So I take it it's not a bug.. Ok.

Why the heck are you spreading around top secret trick like that? No one answer you, innit? Stop!

And it's not that overpowered because you dont have that much beer/booze (8 each time to be safe, or one of these days you are going to get caught, turn shopkeeper hostile). Shops are rare so its' a terrifying risk. And another side of it is: You can do it to Killian a few times before you are tired of disposing the loots from his store (taking a trek to Hub or Boneyard)

As for the teleporting caps into safe... it's not so much bug as an unwanted feature. Nobody care about getting to those safes the second time. 1st time is a big bother already.

Are You kidding?
Killian is essential for getting armor upgrade from the tables, so you don't have to rely on the quest reward ( so you can take shotgun and shells instead= much more caps worth reward than leather armor).

Not that much beer/booze?! Basically steal Neal's urn and later give it back to him, and You'll see why it's overpowered. Limitless supply of beverages, and it's all 'on the house' after you bring him that urn back. so it's better to stick to carrying beer since it wheighs nothing and PE drop is the same as from booze. Nobody cares the PE drop duration is longer for the booze. 30 min is also enaugh to shoplift.

quai-gon relax and keep your panties on. Lexx confirmed that overfeeding NPCs with alcohol is *not a bug* , or at least , *not something He's going to fix*. so Play On....

BTW quai-gon, are you also tempted like me to test whether improoved Katja protos from .SVN are going enable her to open BoS armory door, with the newly bugfixed gl_sfall-mods.int from sfall eXtended?
I'm having a theory that when Katja tries to open armory door the sneak check is applied to Player character not Katja herself. in addition to increase the chances of sneak succes I'll also booze all the guys nearby the door, possibly checking if it's possible to open theese door with minimal to no investing in lockpick and sneak :D

Boy, if you are so skinflint as to click on Neal 24+ times (which is equal to three steal's preparations) you are too autistic and need to know yourself.

There is a big difference between you CAN do it, and you DO it. You know you can do the gym to get a buffed body to lure the chicks... but would you do it? I know I dont.

Fallout2 also has a few case where you can get unlimited beer/booze/chems like that, but the price being player must be *autistic* enough to spend hours to do it. I speak, of course of Rebecca in the Den (cheapest booze), Rave Party, BH bartender, VC's Cassidy, Bazar's bartender. Rave party the ravers run around like monkeys and steal from them is a costly action in REAL game time.

As for Killian's case, you are risking alot with him. ONE failure and you get the Mayor red at you, the whole place turn hostile, and you basically have bad end for Junktown left.

It's the reason why I never pick Killian's back room in my several F1n2 runs. The risk is just a little bit too much. Also a reason I collect beer/rotgut/rad beer. There's just never enough of those 0weight -1 PER chems.

Last edited:
you should seriously reconsider saving before any steal attempt or use sfall's stealcheat.int ,although in case of the bartender you could just pass time while standing next to the urn till morning, simply grab the urn whie sneaking, and pass the time until bar reopens. Next go to Skullz show'em the urn, say you got other shit to take care off before attacking Neal. go to Neal return the urn, and profit. simply set the cursor at Neal and don't move it. click on neal hit 1 and then 2 on the keyboard. rinse and repeat. you can easily get 100+ bottles. although it's not needed. There's like 7 npc total where you'd need to make them drunk. Killian in Junktown, Tine in Boneyard, Lorri and asistant in BoS (so it's easier to lockpick and loot the locker). and finally if you've got the skills two paladins and michael near BoS armory. and that's it. For BoS armory You'll need 125% sneak as that's when special sneak mechanic's of sneak distance check activates. Stealthboy will halve the distance check for you when you sneak, and alcohol on npcs will further reduce it. now there's also a question of lockpick. with 135% in lockpick and electronic lockpick I've managed to succeed on first try.

Cathedral the shop is another candidate in case you just visit there the 1st time and not plan to fight right away. Which is the case for most players.

The Necropolis SM team. Most especially the flamer guy who can really punish everyone else. You can steal their weapons, AND drop live dynamites on their inventories. Which is handy for a player team heading straight here without detour to Boneyard/Gunrunner, thus weak and underequipped.

Also some other generic NPCs who are really worth the bother of drugging them with 8 booze and steal. I will leave the answer of whom to your exploration.

I don't bother with booze for NPC's...
If it really bothers someone to constantly savescumm, one can simply get stealcheat.int and have the headache gone for good. At least i do that. Also, this script is *very* 'streamer frendly', as nobody likes to watch savescumming in yt videos. This script solves the issue.
Booze is required only in environment felony/crime actions, not for NPC's.
As for cathedral... I never stop there to shop. I only go there to waste everybody there, besides their stock quality is extremely poor, so I'd rather spend my loot at Gunrunners. Especially that it is possible to get motorbike early on, and just load it up with power cells found in sewer weapons (cattle prod and plasma pistol) should give you 18% charge, in order to barely make it to Boneyard, if you position yourself correctly beforehand on the world map. ( I got to Boneyard with 7% left, but i was positioned very well on the world map for the trip).
In Boneyard one can get Katja, and upgrade the bike. There's the nessecity to purchase some cells in order to travel with the bike further ( 4x 50 MFC is more than enaugh), let's say with the water chip to V13,a and later start BoS interaction (especially that FoA always have like 6pcs Rad-X and about 2pcs Rad-X at CoC in Hub (if You decide to do Decker quests before wasting him). 8pcs Rad-X is more than enaugh to get one through Glow (More power cells for the bike in the Glow as well), and return to BoS. Once You pick BoS clean, both their pockets and armory, You can simply forget about power cell supply issue both for the bike, and for power cell based weapons.

@Lexx

First of all sorry for double post, however i find this somewhat important enaugh to disturb you, and possibly forbid a double post.

Actually I've found a way for Fallout 2 engine with latest sfall, to load up and playback those AI upscaled videos @ 1440x1080 (I mean who needs more than FullHD for Fallout playing in 4k is an overkill for this game so 4/3 1080p is decent).

However I'm a dummy and don't know how to chop-up those videos from YT as the guy who uploaded them glued them together. could you download, chop up and reupload to some video site those videos in such a way not to loose video quality? If the 'properly cut' videos are up I'll make a tutorial so that anybody could download, convert, and setup the videos for playback ingame properly. just be sure to name them acordingly to what they are named ingame with the exception of the extension...

The only downside of Fallout playing large videos would be requiremet art_cache_size= (over 9000) .. well no but needs to be high preferably '512', and a drive wth good random read speed (good quality SSD [like SataIII Samsung or any M.2 NVMe]
as anything below that has quite low random read (hence why producers state Random read in IOPS which is lame) now in order for the videos to run smooth i had to set video bitrate to 12,5 Mbps, so HDD and shitty SSDs won't cut it.

Last edited:
Don't know what guy and videos you are talking about.

I'm not good at video converting, because I don't know what I'm doing, so nop, can't do it.

Don't know what guy and videos you are talking about.

I'm not good at video converting, because I don't know what I'm doing, so nop, can't do it.

basically i was talking about this:

i downloaded this converted properly and toyed with bitrate to get smooth video quality and boom 1440x1080 in fallout2 engine...

videos are glued/fused together and i have no idea how to separate them at all and also without loosing playback quality.

completely unrelated question... which save game editor could be used with this port? falche seems to mess things up...

Settings need more explanations, especially the Fo2 ones for those who haven't played Fo2. I have both games, but so far I couldn't get into Fo2.

I played Fo1 several times, but now is the first time time with this conversion mod. I did my usual build with 2 Charisma + Gifted just to be surprised that Tycho doesn't want to join after already having Ian. First I though it to be a bug, then I was reading through the fo1_settings.ini just to see that there is a setting for a party member requirement using Fo2-style. As that didn't tell me anything I had to look at the Fallout wiki just to see that Fo2-style means "Allowed companions = Charisma/2, rounded down".

Such a crucial information about what Fo2-style means has to be in the explanation, as just because the mod uses data from both games doesn't mean that everyone who owns both games has also played both.

1. So you complaint that your old minmaxing build no longer work? Got it.

2. You can always use F12se or F2se to edit your character into what you want.

3. 2CHA build does work

1. So you complaint that your old minmaxing build no longer work? Got it.

2. You can always use F12se or F2se to edit your character into what you want.

3. 2CHA build does work

Instead of acknowledging that the explanations for the Fo2 settings don't help at all if you haven't played Fo2 and thus have prior knowledge you rather chose to be offended and hostile.
Pretty mature reaction: are you sure you should be on a public forum without any kind of supervision?

If you even bothered to read my post in its entirety before getting offended you'd realize I was specifically talking about default setting of using Fo2 party settings of basing the party size on Charisma, hence I could only recruit 1 follower until I disabled that setting.

And do point me towards my post of me saying a 2 Charisma build doesn't work.

So you specifically complaint about a Fallout 2 feature being active on a F2-engine total conversion mod?

Yup: that is totally what I've been talking about in my posts.

I have to ask: are you even literate?

> Settings need more explanations, especially the Fo2 ones for those who haven't played Fo2. I have both games, but so far I couldn't get into Fo2.
>Such a crucial information about what Fo2-style means has to be in the explanation, as just because the mod uses data from both games doesn't mean that everyone who owns both games has also played both.

[Sarcasm Check]: Critical Fail!

It was no sarcasm, and you respond like a stupid character with INT < 3.

Just re-read what I criticized, what total nonsense you inferred and then come back to me, because only a stupid character would be challenged to understand the scope of "Settings need more explanations, especially the Fo2 ones for those who haven't played Fo2".

I reckon you were unable to even find the text file, and if you managed to find it you certainly didn't read the comments for the settings using Fo2-style.

q.e.d.

Back